Things sure have changed around here!

Bethuk1

I'll try and chose my words carefully because I really don't want to offend people but I can't get over the change of the CD forum. When I started in 2011 the forum was all about keeping focus and not letting people give in to temptation. The talk of junk food and non SS+ food was actively discouraged and people were told to move their posts or just to stop talking about it. But now it's plastered all over the place and people are even asking if you can get away with eating all kinds of junk food and takeaways! It's madness, I used to come here as a safe haven away from all the talk of food but now it's actually making it much harder to stay on track! I can't imagine I'll make many friends from this but if people are doing CD and want to still eat takeaways/chocolate then
a. You really need to have a good think about whether this is the right diet for you because you'll never get into ketosis and you'll just be permanently hungry and b. you must have far too much money because I certainly can't afford to spend £50 a week on a diet I'm not sticking to. :p I'm not trying to be a ***** but from doing this before you have to give it 100% and give it everything you've got because once you drop your guard, slip in a few treats or rewards its a slippery slope. Steps off soapbox...

Well said hun, I don't tend to post much anymore although that's mainly down to not SS anymore than anything else but I do feel the dynamics have changed.

Support is vital on this journey x

Ahh Susie all I seem to be doing is opening posts about cheating tips or lush takeaways people I've had it makes me want to cry especially on the tough days! It's been especially hard in my first week back! I have some serious motivation at the moment but I can imagine people could really struggle! We used to put a warning in the title if people wanted to talk food.

hello :) I wrote a comment on your other post about the ss only forum u can sign up to. no mention of food allowed :)

Lol!!!! I think we all get what we want from this forum... A boost when we need it and someone to moan at too x I can't say I have seen anyone cheating much and in fact i have only ever picked up great advice and guidance on how not to go wrong. We are all doing really well. Good for you for having a moan but I don't think it's quite as bad as your making out x

Bethuk1 said:
I'll try and chose my words carefully because I really don't want to offend people but I can't get over the change of the CD forum. When I started in 2011 the forum was all about keeping focus and not letting people give in to temptation. The talk of junk food and non SS+ food was actively discouraged and people were told to move their posts or just to stop talking about it. But now it's plastered all over the place and people are even asking if you can get away with eating all kinds of junk food and takeaways! It's madness, I used to come here as a safe haven away from all the talk of food but now it's actually making it much harder to stay on track! I can't imagine I'll make many friends from this but if people are doing CD and want to still eat takeaways/chocolate then
a. You really need to have a good think about whether this is the right diet for you because you'll never get into ketosis and you'll just be permanently hungry and b. you must have far too much money because I certainly can't afford to spend £50 a week on a diet I'm not sticking to. :p I'm not trying to be a ***** but from doing this before you have to give it 100% and give it everything you've got because once you drop your guard, slip in a few treats or rewards its a slippery slope. Steps off soapbox...

I couldn't agree more :)

I often read post asking why they only lost say 4. Or 5lb in first week but a few days earlier the same people say they caved in and had crisps or a chinese etc.

I dint see the point in pretending to be on SS if they eat almost daily, it seriously does my head in !
I know were all different and we all wobble but if you wobble then have a SS + day not blooming junk food and certainly don't plaster it on here.

Often posts are moved from the 100% section as people clearly don't understand the concept of 100% !

I did join the strictly SS but no one posts in there ?

I do mention food on here (in my diary post- non censored and certainly not in SS forum- I'm on 810) but it is irritating when people post "I've just had a nibble of chicken/slice of cucumber/tub of lard, how much harm have I done??!?! But I guess they just want some reassurance. Maybe someone needs to get some balls and say "you won't die, but you will probably lose less weight- get over it" but in a supportive forum like this- it probably won't happen. Whoops mentioned food again- sorry...

Where is strictly SS I cant see it haha blind bat I am! :eek:

Found it haha right after I wrote this! pmsl x

To be honest I used to find the SS forum really boring and quiet. I agree wholeheartedly that there are tons of fab posts and words of wisdom but I don't really think this is the kind of place to ask can I get away with eating when this diet is all about not eating! It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you eat a takeaway when your supposed to be SS'ing that you probably won't lose much that week! People are looking for ways around this diet and there just isn't any! You need to give it everything to get the results you want. Look I don't want to upset anyone but there's obviously people who feel the same as me. It's just a friendly debate!

I don't think you're boring, Beth. You make a valid point. I rarely come on any more because of this, especially those who say they cheated with takeaways etc but still managed to lose loads at their weigh in, when I'm really careful and have very ordinary losses. I do like the kick up the backside I get from the forum when I'm itching to munch something I shouldn't, and I also like to be able to support others who are struggling to stay on track, but I must admit to getting angry with habitual cheaters who don't listen to the friendly advice they get on here. THEY are the boring moaners, IMHO. Sorry!

Little harsh as I now feel I can't come get support when I am craving or have a sneaky cheat!

Total loss- 33lbs in 10 weeks

I understand what you are saying but I personally have never seen anyone say that they have actually had a or any kind of a takeaway however, I'm not disputing that there hasn't been people. I myself mentioned that my family had had one and I ended up having a piece of chicken, but hey everyone cracks at some points or another?? I would rather have it now than in 2-3-4 months time and damn I felt awful for it I wouldn't be doing it again.

Maybe these people that are posting about takeaway's haven't got as much dedication and strength as say for example you or 50% of the other's on here have, everyone is different and I think as long as they are maintaining it overall good on them. It's extremely hard not to eat anything on this kind of diet, it could be that these people that have takeaway's just wan't to come on here and speak with someone, get some reassurance.

I like the idea of putting a warning or some kind of symbol into your title though so people know, I think that would be really beneficial :D

I can see beths point. I only started yesterday but been reading the forum for a while and I do read some people's posts and think really? You are just taking the p*ss. I don't think ( and correct me if I'm wrong) that Beth is talking about people who have a slip up now and again. I'm sure I'll be n here at some point craving or after sticking a crisp on my mouth, but some people do seem to constantly cheat and not take the diet seriously, but believe because they are paying x amount of money a week they will still lose weight. You do lose patience with this at times. Just my 2 pence worth x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, I agree with it too and I see where you guys are coming from also, it's hard because there's always going to be positives and negatives, I personally don't really struggle reading about it at all but I do seeing it in real life and I'm sure that there are people on here who are the opposite to that. I'm not sure there is anything else that can be done about this except looking at it from a selfish point of view and thinking "well - I'm doing well because I'm not cheating all the time, so ha-ha to you if you want to eat takeaway's and not lose anything" and leaving them to it, if they want to pay and cheat constantly it's their choice. Pride yourself on doing so well, even though it is hard to do when you feel down. I've never looked at anything one sided and I think for some people it might depend on the situation they are in as to whether they cheat or not. I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense - there will always be things we like/things we don't like, for and against, pro's and con's :D xx

agree if you are eating rubbish like indian chinese ect and doing ss wise up you are not going to be loosing weight fast if at all

Yeah that's a fair enough take on it rach, just ignore those posts and let them get on with it. It is a public forum after all. I just wanted to say I knew where Beth was coming from and didn't think she was just moaning :). We're all in it together xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Didn't want to leave this post without saying thank you for all your replies...I'm off to go and cheer up :rolleyes:

Back