Things that annoy me about being big - how about you?

Hope: I totally agree. I can't remember the last time I owned a pair of shorts. I tried a pair on the other week. I was so happy that I actually fit in them, but by God did they look awful. All of that orange peel.. who the hell wants to see that? My man says he's dying to see me in shorts and I would love to do that for him but I really can't stand the thought of being in public with that, but he doesn't see what's wrong with me.. typical.

TTID: Yep, totally agree. It's happened to me before. I get really dizzy at times because of low blood pressure and what my doctor now suspects to be a thyroid problem and also suffer from hyperhydrosis and the answer to all of those problems used to be: lose some weight. Now that I have, I still have all of those problems and all of a sudden, they have sent me for blood tests and I have prescriptions. Funny innit?

Nee-I know how you feel. One of my best friends is a size 6 and she looks so good. I would looooooooove to be her size, she can pull off all sorts of looks. And the other day we were going out and she was changing outfits and she was grabbing non existent rolls of flab complaining that she felt fat.. All I could think of was telling her, do you want to jump on the scales and I'll go after you? I'm sure you'll feel better about that.. ugh.

Forty-That is so true. People have given me so much **** over the years for smoking sporadically but eating a huge piece of cake is not an issue somehow. Ah, how people perceive things differently.. You tell me and be strong :)

For me it's clothes mainly. Can't wear shorts, can't wear dresses or skirts without leggings. Can't try on anything I want in any shop I want (although I'm getting there.)

People who are really blunt about you needing to lose weight. My grandma is. "You really need to lose weight", "You'd look lovely at 10st." Thanks. The flipside of that is they always notice when I look like I've lost a bit of weight, which is nice.

I sort of work in fashion with my blog and telling people that you work in fashion when you aren't a size 6 makes people gasp with horror. (It also means that I want to give people makeovers all the time.)

Anything with people asking me if I'm pregnant. Oh my god. I thought I was past that. Thought I'd lost enough weight to stop looking pregnant. Then in June a lady I've known for years pointed at my stomach and said "are you?" Firstly I was drunk, I'm not an idiot, and secondly **** off you old slag.

Then in July when I was in America a fat lady, fatter than me, offered me her seat.

*cries*

Also, along with a lot of you, snide remarks in the street. I've got it once or twice when I've been running. Gosh, at least we are doing something about it.

I wish I could go swimming but I don't have anything to wear, I don't want to wear a swimming costume and I certainly couldn't wear a bikini.

Airplane/rollercoaster seats. I can just about fit but If a themepark person has to push the overhead thingy down they always struggle with me.

Have you guys seen 101 reasons I have being fat? It's a really great blog. 101 Reasons I Hate Being Fat!

Aw Jettica all of those things are awful! I can't believe it. When I was your size, nobody ever did anything that bad to me. We all relate to a lot of those things tho mind you. People are so ignorant, as if you can't work in fashion cos you're a bit bigger. That doesn't mean you don't have taste or an eye for it? Jesus! I hate people so much sometimes..

Well said just peachy!! :)

What I hate is when people who don't really know you (like work colleagues or whatever) ask you 'so hows the diet going' or 'what have you lost this week ?'. Also when you treat yourself to something nice people can be like 'thought you were dieting.' Always makes me feel uncomfortable and crappy.. But no support from family is horrible too. My parents know im unhappy the way i am but don't stand by me at all.. I know I have to work for it myself but still..

lol i like this post i think i can relate to most if not all.. my favourite one is when partners and friends all say "your fine as you are" because its not fine or even healthy and sometimes i think its there insecrities that make you want to think your fine and remain vunerable xx

lol i like this post i think i can relate to most if not all.. my favourite one is when partners and friends all say "your fine as you are" because its not fine or even healthy and sometimes i think its there insecrities that make you want to think your fine and remain vunerable xx

I think your right there hun, under one breath people can say to lose but when you do they suddenly act all concerned definate insecurities!!!

Good to see you posting Kiira, how are things?

xx

Hey Kiira, glad your feeling Fab, so happy for you xx Things are ok, not shifting weight quickly tho which is so annoying but you just have to keep trying :) Personal things are really bad but at least I have the diet to focus on :) Keep posting sweets xxx

Loads of things annoy me lol

• Being told that I'm fine how I am.
  • Having people comment about me trying to lose weight when having chocolate or something like that.
  • Not being able to buy and wear what I want.
  • Photos! I untag most of them on facebook!
  • Just generally feeling down because of how I am.
  • Rollercosters etc. Paniced on oblivion at alton towers because the restraint wasn't secure enough for my liking, it was fine just i was too big to make it go down any further.

I thought I was the only one who untagged Facebook photos.

ive gone one better and EVERYONE knows NOT to put any photo's of me on facebook unless i have pre viewed and given them the go ahead ;)

Agree with lots of these things, for me its mainly:

Lack of confidence/self esteem due to my weight
Not being able to buy/wear the clothes I want.
When going on long walks my upper thighs rub and I get sore tired feet
Feeling tired quickly
Eating in public and people look (I may be big but I have to eat at least sometimes!) Or just being generally self conscious. I don't like it when people are obviously looking at me.
Worrying that plane seat belts will fit/being a bit snug in chairs.

not so much now, as tbh i have so much confidence with the way i look now but when i was bigger...

Only being able to shop in new looks inspire range
people making comments(only happened a couple of times)
friends saying, you dont need to lose weight (especially when your clearly 6 stone overweight!)

seems like we all feel/felt similar!

Mine are -

People asking me why I don't wear 'girly clothes' (mostly my OH). Truth is my baggy boyfriend jeans and hoodie are the comfiest things I own, and they are amazing at hiding my belly

People who say 'you don't need to diet' - i'm normally a nice person but sometimes I want to snap and say "don't flatter yourself, i'm not doing it for you i'm doing it for ME'

Sniggers from people (usually at work) who are tiny when I talk about weight watchers or look up points.

I feel like I can't stay on top of the fashions, i'm stuck with my hoodie because all the nice clothes just don't look nice on me.

I'm very in to photography and so are my friends, and when they ask for models my offer is always refused, or if they do shoot me, i'm replaced by someone else in the final edit. - That hurts a lot :(

really? when your 130lbs! thats like 9stone surely?

Back