Things that annoy me about being big - how about you?

when someone says 'you've lost weight, are you on a diet?' .

I hate this. I am always over come with embarrassment tho when people ask. cos everyone in work looks.
All of a sudden its okay to tell me how big i used to be, when a few months ago nobody would admit it.

Also, HATE how the clothes shops think everyone is size 10 :(

Not being able to fit into any of the nice clothes in New Look/topshop/lipsy etc.. as they only go upto a size 14 :( !!

I have been shouted at twice recently by young lads in cars, what about calling someone else fat makes their life sooooo much better?

It hurts, and they laugh, however I can do something about my weight with work, while they will still be bullies.

trying to find something to wear for a big night out-topical as this is my problem as going out tonight.

It will cease to be about what i have or dont have in my wardrobe, but it will become about my size at some point and then I'll get upset with myself and so the cycle begins..........

seeing the tiny tiny girls in the gym

Getting asked out for a joke or a dare. Or if a guy is actually interested he will say "Your a fantastic girl with an amazing personality but your size really puts me off" - It's like well you had eyes when you asked me out so you know how big I am.

Also attracting only super slim, self involved friends and them making them make you feel your lucky to have them as your friend, when all they do is remind you of your size difference.

Trying on outfits from Next....I had this this morning, mum had bought me an outfit for attending a wedding in a few weeks, and it was lovely.

I put on the trousers that are a 16, didnt fit, well i got them on but man were they uncomfortable and looked so wrong.

The top, dont get me started! I couldnt zip it up! and I just burst into tears! So yes, Next is evil!

Swimming! Well, I like swimming itself, but when other people are around - friends' swimming pools etc, parties.

To me it suddenly seems like the worst thing in the world for some reason.

getting a sweaty red face at the first hint of exercise.
not being able to fit into the pretty bras so always having to buy the monster bell tents.
magic knickers that just spread the fat to other parts of your torso so i look like i have 4 mis-shapen bellies instead of 2!
having 2 bellies.
when people (especially my OH) make eye contact with my double chin instead of my eyes.
freaking out that i've put on even more weight, then realising i'm looking in the magnified side of the mirror. yes this happened. yes i was drunk, lol
people expecting you to be jolly. i'm not. i'm a miserable ***** a lot of the time!
knowing how to re-arrange the covers so my husband can't see what i look like when he gets into bed.
never, ever getting naked.
MATALAN!!! i am always at least 2 sizes bigger in there than any other shop. (this goes for my friend too. she is a size 10 but takes a 12 or 14 when shopping in there)
going into the supermarket and seeing all the special offers on all your favourite foods the day you start your diet.

there is more but i'm getting a sweaty red face from all the typing. joke!

I would like to be able to sit on the bottom step of my stairs to put my shoes/boots on without my stomach getting in the way! My children find it funny to see me going red in the face!

It was either getting surgery to have my arms lengthened or to lose weight! :D

I hate being asked when my baby is due. :(

I find that no matter how you stand sit or pose in pictures that you always look like someone has stuck a air pump in me and makes me look ten times worse than I already am.

Oh also the looks of people you used to know and the phrase oh i didn't recognise you i.e meaning wow you got fat. grrrr

Or being told "she is always on a diet", I get that a lot from people I know, or being quite good at something, like dancing, and people asking you how you managed to be so good at it due to your size. That drives me bananas!

being quite good at something, like dancing, and people asking you how you managed to be so good at it due to your size. That drives me bananas!

That drives me mad! Or when they say "Oh I didn't think you'd be good at that, you're better than I thought you would be" implying the reason is because of being overweight.

---

Being told I don't look fat, it irritates me like crazy.

When I haven't seen someone in a long time and they say "Wow don't you look different, I didn't recognise you" I just feel a moment of awkwardness and have no idea how to react.

Eating out and someone keeps looking at me. Makes me feel like I shouldn't be eating and they're disgusted by me.

When someone I know is aware of my diet but offers me food which I can't have and then say "you're entitled to a treat".

Exercising in public knowing people are looking and/or laughing, especially when I'm all warm, red and sweaty.

Going shopping for clothes and seeing loads of things I like but don't fit.

Back