things that keep you going

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by delilah, 9 July 2008 Social URL.

1. delilah

delilah Full Member

being quite a new CD-er i was wondering if there were things that people do to keep their minds off food or keep themselves busy, ive started taking really long bubble baths with a good book and having early nights. anyone else got any ideas? xx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

cleaning...sounds weird but my house is half clean where as it used to be a still does be a tip but when i feel the food calling i get cleaning!!!!!!
  4. ToejaM

ToejaM Member

Going to bed the instant I feel tired and its after 9pm :)

My coke zero drinks and leaving my bit of chicken as long as possible haha. Mostly what keeps me going is... when I see my parents/people near my parents that havn't seen me in a while.. I wanna see their faces.
  5. melliepigpog

melliepigpog Full Member

A beauty regime! Never had one as such before, but now I will do my nails, massage bio oil into my skin, facials, hair masks, experiment with make up, look for the clothes i will be wearing when I am slim (specially undies!!), read books and talk to my daughter about all the nice holidays we will have when i can fit into a plane seat! If all that fails I just read the take away menu lol....
  6. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

My husband said our house is cleaner, not sure if I should be offeneded??:)
  7. couscous

couscous Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Pro-Points WW
    lol at your comment - that would tip me over the edge.
  8. Norwaygirl

Norwaygirl Full Member

Cambridge diet
    I also clean my house, and I spend a lot of time on this Forum to keep my mind busy. I can not sit in the sofa and watch tv, because then I feel the urge to eat a lot of snacks. I also go for walks, when I am not feeling to hungry. I am on day 4 now. Day 2 and 3 was horrible!!! ;)
  9. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Keep up the fabby work norwaygirl it gets easier hunni.xxxxx
  10. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Ironing,cleaning,MInimins arcade,paint nails,bath,sort clothes,all else fails go to bed perhaps take the OH!
  11. poppygreendog

poppygreendog Silver Member

I'm a bit of a weird one:wave_cry:

I sniff DH's food, read take-away menus (yay I'm not alone), watch cookery programmes, until last night I watched Biggest Loser which actually became quite emotional!!

I trawl websites for clothes I'm going to fit into and fantasise about my holiday at Christmas where I WILL be in at least a size 12 bikini.

I am also an obsessive weigher, I jump on the scales in the morning, when I get home and at least 4 times before bed, more at weekends, after a pee, a number 2, you name it, I'm there (lol).

I also read the books about what foods I can have when I get to move up the plans so that I'm prepared even though its a long way off.

12. SuzanneB

SuzanneB Member

I find that I'm looking forward to the near future when I can buy myself lovely clothes and not just flab coverers and most of all a pair of F%*K ME SHOES:D
  13. Biffo

Biffo Member

Sitting on the beach in Sardinia in 3 weeks time without a beer gut.....

14. Loz1984

Loz1984 Flab 2 Fab!

I'm into the baths and the pampering too! It's getting to the point of obsession - i spend all day looking forward to getting home, having a bubbly bath, getting me pj's on and pampering before bed!

I'm spending a fortune in lush and boots at the mo!!
  15. Norwaygirl

Norwaygirl Full Member

Cambridge diet
    Thanks a lot :D :D :D :D
  16. littlemissspendthrift

littlemissspendthrift impossible is nothing

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    at the minute i have just started doing cross stitch again. its amazing how quick the time goes by when im doing it
    also cleaning and getting all those little jobs done that i keep putting off
    this diet has made me more organised and tidier! a revelation!
  17. munchkin_b

munchkin_b Member

well.. im quite addicted to the scales and that keeps me going if i get on the one morning and i've lost half a pound or so its my insentive to keep going.

also i feel loads healthier. i chew gum if i get too hungry but generally i just eat if im hungry just make sure its salad or fruit that im snacking on.
  18. Avatar Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. melliepigpog

melliepigpog Full Member

we are the same person!! do you find you weigh less at 7pm than you do at 5pm??
  20. melliepigpog

melliepigpog Full Member

Cross stitch!! I used to love doing those - i made a whole baby quilt when i was pregnant and DD still has it (she is now 14) - fab idea, I'm off to ebay to find one to do - thanks for the idea :) :D:D:D
  21. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

I go and check the horses or have a long bath!!!

PS I too also read the takeaway menus..................!!

22. oxfordruse

oxfordruse This Time It's Personal!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CWP SS
    All I'll say is thank God for Big Brother! It keeps me going through the ridiculously long summer days.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.