Things to look forward to!

Capri_Gal

Morning all,

I was just sitting here thinking about the year ahead and I realised that I have so much to look forward to. A weekend in Bruges just before Christmas, 2 family weddings, 2 proms (I teach!), a festival and a family summer holiday in a private villa.

This has renewed my determination! I refuse to dread such happy occasions because of my weight. I want to be able to enjoy myself and not worry about what I look like! I want to enjoy the shopping and build up to these occasions rather than end up in tears in changing rooms!

Does anyone else feel like this?!

I feel the same. For the past few years I've gone on holidays and come home saying "This time next year, I won't be embarrassed to be in just my swimming shorts." The next year comes around and there's very little change! This summer, however, I haven't been on holiday (the first time in living memory!!), but I am determined that when I go on holiday next year (either at Easter or in the summer), I'll have to buy lots of new summer clothes because my current ones will be too big.

I'm also a teacher and I really want to see a massive difference between the class photo that gets taken at the start of the year and the one that gets taken at the end of the year. In the past few years the only difference has been that I've been slightly wider!

Have you been to Bruges before? It's beautiful there and I like it much better in Winter. I went in November a few years ago and it was FREEZING, so make sure you have plenty of layers packed!

Thanks for the advice - I'll have to invest in a decent winter coat this year!

I've just come back from Italy and I hated wearing my swimsuit around the pool - next year I'm going on holiday with 14 family members and the thought of wearing a swimsuit in front of them at my current weight horrifies me! It was bad enough on holiday but at least I didn't know any of the other people! Hopefully this spurs me on and I'll be at target by then!

Back