Things we do to be 'THIN'

when im walking around a clothes shop.. i dont carry the stuff i pick up normally.. i fold it over to no one can see the size when im walking round..
also the cushin thing.. lol..
x x

when im walking around a clothes shop.. i dont carry the stuff i pick up normally.. i fold it over to no one can see the size when im walking round..
also the cushin thing.. lol..
x x

I do the same thing Kitteh!!!! :D Especially when I buy trousers, I twist them so that nobody can see the width of the bum :giggle:

I also always sit crossed legged, like that my thighs take less room :rolleyes:

Of course I hide my tummy with everything I can :eek:

I am glad to see I am not the only one :D;)

Elie xxx

lol, off topic, but you know when you go shopping and you pick up a pair of trousers in your size and they look really small but when you take them off the hanger you realise that they have been folded loads so that they fit on the hanger!!

Breathe in all day trying to hold your stomach in, and then when you get home let it all out... LOL like it ever made a difference anyway, still used to do it though.

Funny on the lady and the clothes in every size.

Oh my hanging your skirts, it isn't that sad, but it was nobody's business was all.

I never done anything except maybe tie a sweatshirt around my waist to cover up my butt, but in reality it probably just made it bigger!

probably did make it look bigger flower. i know i wore really baggy jogging bottoms, you could have fit me in twice, but in my mind, that was making me look slimmer!!!
if you couldnt actually make out my body in something then, to me, people imagined i was smaller - pure crazziness.
fact is fitted clothes make you look slimmer no matter what your size, but makes us feel self concious - true story as you would say, we cant win sometimes!

Well I wear my old jeans to work sometimes and they are huge on me and everybody tells me how skinny I am, that my pants are falling off and I really do look super skinny in the baggy jeans, true story! So I think yes and no on that one, atleast I am an exception to that rule! I think I am going to look for some new nylon wind pants tomorrow, lined ones, mine are really big on me, but I still wear them but I could have several sizes smaller ones for sure, so that will be my mission tomorrow..

Off topic a bit but don'y you hate it when you buy a new pair of jeans or something and the ultra slim shop assistant holds them against herself to fold them.:(

I'm a fan of cushion hugging too!

I always used to eat sweets/choc on the way home from supermarket in the car. They had to be gone before I got home, as then they didn't count!! When I went to China a few years back I was at my slimmest and still had to buy an XXL top - I can probably fit one arm in it now!!

Off topic a bit but don'y you hate it when you buy a new pair of jeans or something and the ultra slim shop assistant holds them against herself to fold them.:(

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this post. Hate that, they hold it up and it looks soo huge against them :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this post. Hate that, they hold it up and it looks soo huge against them :rolleyes:

My jeans used to be (well still are because I still wear them) bigger than my mother. Admittedly she is quite short, but you could hide her behind them! I used to make sure I ate chips whilst walking because the calories don't count then :p

This thread really worries me...

I don't really see why...we were all embarrassed by certain aspects of our size and this just seems to be a thread about the ways we used to deal with it...

Colleen

I remember being at my husbands Christmas works do several years back. Black tie event, all women in their nice party frocks. Some of them (myself included) bigger than the thinnest there, they must have been size eights and tens...! Come the time for the group photo, none of the bigger women seemed to want to stand next to the thinner women, funnily enough!

In the past, I've deliberately hid my clothes on inner lines on the washing line, also hanging them label side in. Also cut labels out of coats, where I used to hang them up in the cloakroom at work. Same place of work would check our bags/handbags etc when we left the premises, so if I'd gone clothes shopping (in lunch hour) I would get a similarly sized person to check my bags....ah, I can laugh now! :)

Last edited:
Back