Think I might start cd, could I ask a few things?

kate2008

Hi, I have been reading through the posts on here most of today :rolleyes: and have decided to try cd. I have looked on the cd website and I like the sound of doing 790 as I will find having a little something to eat better than going on sole source.

Could anyone answer something for me though please...

1. I have been trying to get pregnant for a year, and not been successful. We already have one son (nearly 3).I assume it's down to my weight so don't want to go to my doctor about it as i'm sure they'll tell me to lose weight!!! Anyway, can I follow something like 790 while ttc? Or should I follow the 1000 plan or something?

2. I want to start going to the gym. I have been a member for 3 months but not gone once. I am so tired all the time (weight related). Will I have enough energy to go to the gym? i'll only be starting by cycling and walking on the treadmill until I get fitter.

I'm going on holiday in September and never dreamed that I could be at my goal weight by then :eek: I was going to do cal counting with slim fast, but after reading this forum today I am too swayed by the thought of goal weight, swimming on holiday, wearing jeans, shopping in top shop!!!!! I feel so excited :)

Thanks

Kate
xxxx

HI Kate <waves>

I think you're better off speaking to a CDC for their views on it. I don;t see it being a problem myself then then again I'm no doctor or a CDC lol

Good luck with whatever option on CD you go for :)

Hi Kate

I am in a very similar position to yourself - I am losing weight so I can have another baby - already have a lovely daughter (2.5yrs) but with a BMI of 43 I am really worried about what the impact of my weight would have on a pregnancy or my baby. I have been SS since mid January and will continue until 9th May when I will start a Maintenance plan and hopefully start trying for a baby in July.

This is my second attempt at CD, late last year I had a pregnancy scare and after speaking to my CDC came off the plan until I knew whether I was pregnant. I personally think that the first few weeks are so important for the babies development I would not want to take any risks - particularly as I am getting a bit older!! However having said that there are girls who post on here who have been on the plan and got pregnant- they obviously come off the plan when they find out.

Regarding your question on the gym - I am also a member but have found that whilst I feel ok on SS I have to be careful not to over stretch myself until my body gets used to the calorie intake. I think my CDC said after about 4 weeks - & start gently.

I have found the CD diet easy to follow because I know this is the last chance I will have to have a baby - my goal is so strong it has really kept me motivated.

Wish you all the best with your CD journey and your family plans.

P.S. This is my first post!!!!

Mandy

Thank you both :)

I am half pound under 17 stone and know that it's just not healthy for ttc. I'm so sure this is why i've not got pregnant for the last year. Sorry if tmi but we've tried so hard, using ovulation kits, temping every morning, but nothing. So, like you said Mandy my goal is huge - a baby!!! I feel very inspired.

I am hoping to get a cdc appointment for the start of the week. I've got a really good feeling about this.

Look forward to getting to know you both better.

Kate
xxxx

Well I wish you all the best of luck kate (fingers crossed for you x)

Good luck, Kate. We are all rooting for you on here!
x

Hi Kate and welcome :)

It sounds like you've thought really hard about doing CD, and what better incentive to lose weight than a beautiful baby.

Good luck with whichever plan you decide to follow. Just stick with it and watch the lbs fall off :D:D

Back