think i must be doing something wrong

skeeber

Hi everyone, im in need of some diet help.
Up until 12 months ago i was eating a 12 multi pack of crisps, chocolate bars, fried egg sandwiches etc (basically lots of fatty stuff thats bad for me) and normal dinners on top. Oh and doing no exercise what so ever.

Obviously putting on weight i decided 12 months ago to stop the crisps and rubbish (maybe one bag in with my lunch) having a small salad everyday, maybe a low calories diet bar too then just a normal dinner. No snaking or rubbish.
well nothing happened at all over the whole year my weight stayed the same which was far too big for my size (5ft 1")

I got a Wii fit 2 months ago and have started doing gentle exercise every night after work (approx for 2 hours as i actually enjoyed it) as well as the diet.............guess what...........the most i have lost is 1 lb and its back the next day.

I have got really disheartened and the last 2 days have eaten lots of rubbish and scrapped the exercise and tonight thought i'd weigh myself................ive lost 2 lb but i know it will be back tomorrow.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to why no matter what i do nothing is working at all

Have you been to see your doctor? There might be some underlying medical problem which could easily be sorted out x

i have not been to the doctor specifically about this but have mentioned it while ive been there for other things but each time i have been told its nothing to worry about.
i have tried so hard and its just been so upsetting that i cant even manage to drop a few lbs and keep them off with all the effort i have been putting in.
Maybe i need to sort out an appointment, but if im honest the doctors at my surgery, shall we say.......can be very unhelpful and uninterested.
if it had been a few weeks i could sort of understand nothing changing but now over a year something seems very wrong (i havent even cheated once) :( x

My daily calorie intake i don't but all i have is:
One small salad (consists of 2 cherry tomatoes, a couple of small bits of cheese and a few lettuce leaves) It seriously is tiny it wouldn't fill 1/4 of a normal dinner plate. To be honest its not really worth having it at all.
A bag of low calorie crisps
a low calorie breakfast style bar

A normal decent dinner when i finish work.

I honestly think its not even anywhere near a 1000 calories so you can see my concern :(

You nay need to eat more actually. I'm not sure what you mean by normal dinner. Your body may think your starving it thus its holding tight to anything you give it. If you've never done exercise you may be putting on muscles too. Definitely see a Dr my gp is useless but I go and see a different one who I find more helpful. Good luck

Before you put ANYTHING in your mouth either photograph it or write it down. In a recent study of dieters a very very high percentage under recorded by a third of their intake. If you write it down before you eat you will automatically eat less and may be shocked by mindless eating.eg a mouthful here a mouthful there It is worth trying x

Last edited:
How much do you weigh? Are you very overweight or just a few pounds? As others have said, you may not be eating enough - or, you may be eating more than you think. Be honest with yourself - back in the days when you ate a 12-pack of crisps and fried egg sandwiches, was that every day or just every now and then? If in fact it was only every now and again then the changes you've made since might not be sufficient for you to see weight loss. And what do you mean by a "normal dinner"?

Don't lose heart - there will be an answer. We just need to know a bit more about you!

Are you changing body shape? Now you've incorporated some exercise you might be building muscle & losing fat.

I would definitely recommend a food and exercise diary. I always think I've eaten less then I actually have. So it's a great way to reflect on the day.

Also, if you're eating healthy you still need to eat in moderation. You still shouldn't eat loads and loads. Fruit (including juices and dried fruit) contain a lot of sugar so it still needs to be consumed consciously.

Good luck and don't give up. Even if you're no losing weight you're still healthier. Don't give up trying.

Back