Think I've gone wrong and very frustrated by it!!!

Dax

Hi

Sorry if I sound like a moaning minnie - but I'm on my first proper week of WW with the new points. I'm on 36 a day and have been using these and have used the extra 49 as found the week quite tough. Accourding to my scales I have lost maybe a pound, my weigh in at WW is Thurs. I'm gutted as usually have a decent loss on the first week of a diet:cry:.

Is it better for losses not to use the 49? I was told it will still work using them but not sure now...

Very demotivated:(

I've found in the past that if I leave about 20 of my points normally, I have a better weight loss than if I eat them all. I never neglect them entirely (wish I could!!) but don't think I've ever had a week where I've eaten them all. I tend to keep at least ten to act as a buffer in case I have mispointed something or forgot to point it at all.

Saying that today's my WI day and I've gained a pound despite having 20 weeklies left over - so might not be the best person to be replying. :(

Dont worry about it scales vary and you will probally find by thurs you will have lost a few more :)

Don't panic - your scales at home might show something completely different to the scales at wi... there was a post about that on her the other day - someone had actually lost 4lbs where there home scales were showing only 1lb. It really can make a difference, especially if you weigh in at a different time, with different clothes (eg jeans instead of joggers) etc. Try not to torture yourself until you have your actual result. And hey, 1lb per week is a great loss - it's 3st 10lbs over the course of a year!! And slowly is the best way for it to come off x

i'd not worry tbh! the 49 weeklies are there to be used! .. if they wasn't ww wouldn't of gave them to use! :) you find that the 36 daily points your allowed is already below that which you would normally be on in the old plan, the way they have worked it out is, i'll use mine as an example, on discovery i was on 20 points a day... now on propoints the system has changed but by being on 29 daily points... it's like being on 16/18 discovery points so already your saving about 4/2points a day... which is what makes up your weeklies :) so even if you eat all your weekly points your still using the same amount you would be on the old plan it's just set out differently :D

good luck for Thursday :) xxx

I am on 36pts daily too - did not use any of the 49 ex pts on my 1st week and so far this week I've not used any of them either. Are you finding it hard to use the 36pts that you are on daily? For example here is what I've eaten so far today:

Brekkie
Cornflakes & Milk (4pts)

Lunch
Soup & Roll (6pts)

Snacks
Pear x 1 & Mandarins x 2 (0pts)

Dinner (later on)
Steak (5pts)
Broccoli (0pts)
Sugar Snap Peas (0pts)

So I work this out to be a total of 15pts leaving me a total of 21pts to use over the rest of the day. Am I doing this right? To be honest I am not that hungry. But feel that I might be failing to lose weight cause I am not using the points up. I lost 1.5lbs last week (1st week).

I am on 36pts daily too - did not use any of the 49 ex pts on my 1st week and so far this week I've not used any of them either. Are you finding it hard to use the 36pts that you are on daily? For example here is what I've eaten so far today:

Brekkie
Cornflakes & Milk (4pts)

Lunch
Soup & Roll (6pts)

Snacks
Pear x 1 & Mandarins x 2 (0pts)

Dinner (later on)
Steak (5pts)
Broccoli (0pts)
Sugar Snap Peas (0pts)

So I work this out to be a total of 15pts leaving me a total of 21pts to use over the rest of the day. Am I doing this right? To be honest I am not that hungry. But feel that I might be failing to lose weight cause I am not using the points up. I lost 1.5lbs last week (1st week).
why don't you make a latte the milk would use up a few of your points:)mmmmmmmmm latte's

Would you believe I was just thinking of that myself. Think that I will use full milk and so that will use up a good few points - between 3-5 pts (if I go by the handy guide book).
Think that I need the additional motivation of exercise to see the lbs move. My resolution for tomorrow is to put on the runners and go for walk when hubby has gone to work. Gonna dust off the wii too - see that the Zumba for Wii is nearly out. I must get that. Have approx 10 -12 weeks before I head back to work and I want to be down some more weight. :D

Dax please don't stress. I used all of my 49 weekly and I too am on 36 daily and I still lost 5.5lb but I highly doubt I'll have anywhere a weightloss like that next week.

Let us know how you get on :)

Last week was my first week and I got on my scales at home before my weigh in and I thought I was going to actually gain weight!!! I was shocked at my weight watchers weigh in when my leader told me I had lost 3ibs!! Was so happy! From now on I am not getting on my scales during the week and just going to get weighed there, as my weight goes up and down during the week!

Hi and thanks so much everyone for your supportive replies, and you all seem to be doing well and I feel much more motivated again now. Checked the scales this morning( I know I shouldn't but just can't help it:sigh:!) and they have seem to have moved a bit in the right direction now so fingers crossed!

Smirky - thanks for putting what you did, I'd not actually thought of it like that but it makes sense. I was debating not using the extra 49 at all but after reading everyones replies I'm going to use them if needed and see how it goes.

Fingers crossed and thanks again everyone:D

Back