Green Days Think I've ruined this week

Jael

Only on second week. Go to group on Wednesday. Had stuck to it 100%. Went to see a very upset friend yesterday. And ended up having waaaaay to many cocktails and wines, even though I made wines spritzers. I reckon I consumed an extra 2000calories last night in food and drink. She feels better. I feel scared of scales on Wednesday. Any tips on rescuing weight loss without doing silly old habits, like not eating next day????

I was out on Saturday night and had vodkas with D.Coke so yesterday, today and tomorrow i'm eating as much fruit as I possibly can and sticking to Red days so no carbs for me and fingers crossed i'll have undone any damage I may have done

I honestly believe the best option is to forget about it and carry on as normal. That way you dont get caught up in silly habits like not eating, or think to yourself well Ive blown it I might as well have x y and z now.

There is no guarantee you will lose, but you should at least sts, and if you do gain at least you know why and can make different decisions next time. I dont see any shame in not losing, as long as I know why its happened.

you have to move past what happened, take it has a flexi syn day, then forget about it. SW is about losing weight but its also a healthy eating plan for life, and life means sometimes things happen and we consume to much, the point is not so much about whether you gained or sts its about how you deal with these events psychologically. If you have a flexi syn day and end up gaining or sts then its just a moment in time, because most of your other days will be 100%.

has anyone any healthy snacks for night time eating? can anyone reply to this or what way does it work im new to this online site

Why don't you flexisyn it? I'm new to this but I got told at my meeting that if you ever had a bit of a blowout, flexisyn it and start again the next day, you can still have 5-15 syns too! The main thing is to not think oh well I've done it now and stuff your face! I'm sure you'll be fine! Lots of water and following the plan :)

Hope this helps!

Ruth
X

Sineadsss said:
has anyone any healthy snacks for night time eating? can anyone reply to this or what way does it work im new to this online site

Hi there!

Vegetable crudités with a homemade crunchy coleslaw or dip?
Melba toast with laughing cow triangles?

If you go to the main minimins page find Slomming World and the place you want to post it says new thread at the top of the page, you can post what you like, even start a diary, and also follow Everyone else's!

Ruth
X

Don't worry too much & don't cut down on your syns to try & compensate!

Flexisynning is also not the answer because flexisynning is for a pre planned special occassion, not for unintended off plan moments :)

The important thing is that your friend feels better & that you don't end up off plan all week because of one bad evening. You say you drank white wine spritzers - it could have been FAR worse!! Next time maybe try a spirit with diet mixer, and drink with a straw. I always find it lasts longer. Also easier to sneek in a 'virgin' drink every few rounds without anyone noticing.

Good luck for weigh in x

I agree with kingleds. Draw a line under it, forget it and carry on eating on plan immediately. There are loads of threads on here for ideas for low syn snacks, I attribute a lot of my success to finding this forum!

You are clearly a great friend and your friend is feeling better, so you've done a good thing:) don't beat yourself up, I did the exact same thing with cocktails a couple of weeks ago! Had far too many, just got back on plan straight away and I still had a small loss.

Good luck:) x

Yeah, wasn't just spritzers. Add in cider, cocktails, chocolate lol. Really bad. You're all right. I tend to stick 100%, have a blow out and then decide I've blown it anyway and stuff my face. Will not do. Omelette salad and slimming world chips tonight.

And I can't drink diet drinks. Sweeteners give me migraines so bad I thought I had a brain tumour. Will just have to flexi syn plan next time. X

Jael said:
Yeah, wasn't just spritzers. Add in cider, cocktails, chocolate lol. Really bad. You're all right. I tend to stick 100%, have a blow out and then decide I've blown it anyway and stuff my face. Will not do. Omelette salad and slimming world chips tonight.

And I can't drink diet drinks. Sweeteners give me migraines so bad I thought I had a brain tumour. Will just have to flexi syn plan next time. X

Don't worry Hun, I had cocktails ( full of fruit pulp, spirits, juices), champagne & cider. I still lost:) x

Okay. Know what you mean on diet drinks. I have to be careful too - & i love a good cocktail so lets think about what you can have next time which is realtively low in syns.
You mention spritzers - so I guess soda water is okay? How about vodka, lime & soda? If you use lime juice not cordial you only need to syn the vodka (i have been known to take a littlr bottle in my bag on a night out - just order vodka & soda at the bar. Or for cocktails try Mojitos - bacardi, lime, soda, brown sugar, mint. I use 1 shot bacardi & 1 teaspoon brown sugar in mine when on plan - 4 syns per drink.

Jael said:
Thanks guys! You could have knocked me over with a feather. And I got the slimmer of the week trophy. My manager informed me I'll put on the weight from it next week instead tho. Boo hiss!

What a great loss, as for being told you'll gain next week,
That is possible, but not definite !!

BUT you must stick to it this week, 'cos if you think WOW, a great night, all that extra and I still had a great loss, I can get away with an extra treat...believe me, you'll gain
Take it from someone that got bitten on the bum by thinking I could get away with it.

Have a great week, stay on plan, and you might still lose, or at worst, STS

Deb

Back