Think of joining Dukan, but have questions

sliminside

Focused on the Goal
Hiya all

As the title says im thinking of joining. I have wasted far too much time yo yoing on vlcds, I just cannot do it any more! I have 9 days worth of lipotrim left and will finish it to hopefully transition on to something else. After researching diets, I stumbled across the Dukan. It seems do able.

My questions are:

Can you eat pre cooked protein-e.g Tesco/Marks n Spencer bbq chicken pieces?

Or Bernard Matthews turkey/chicken/beef /turkey ham slices?

Nandos? With salad?

Chicken fridge raiders? Or should you just stick to fresh protein that you cook yourself?

Is it easy to eat out while on Dukan?

Sorry for all the questions,I have ordered the book-just wanted some advice from you Dukan pros while I wait for it.

I am hoping to lose 6 stone by september-Im 5'8 and weigh 17 stone. Do you think that is do able with Dukan? I am trying to lose weight inorder to bring back my fertility and concieve. I had one shot of depo in Sept 12', this caused me to eat n eat n eat. I have just started having what appears to be regular cycles. Now its time to get this weight off!

I need a way of eating that can be sustained and Dukan seems to be the way forward.

Your posts and this site are inspirational. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for reading x

Hi and welcome to answer your questions
1 only in an emergency
2 only in an emergency
3 chicken any time salad in cruise on a pv day,
4 no chicken raiders and always stick with what you have cooked yourself that way you know that nothing is added
I find it easy to eat out as there's always steak, chicken salmon etc on the menu with salad and just ask the to hold the dressing
Give your book a good read and prepare yourself its a fab plan. Hope to read you soon xxx

Hiya all

As the title says im thinking of joining. I have wasted far too much time yo yoing on vlcds, I just cannot do it any more! I have 9 days worth of lipotrim left and will finish it to hopefully transition on to something else. After researching diets, I stumbled across the Dukan. It seems do able.

My questions are:

Can you eat pre cooked protein-e.g Tesco/Marks n Spencer bbq chicken pieces? Rarely, too much added to it, same for pre pack slices, most of us have occasionally had packs of ham or beef, but the salts in them aren't good for you.

Or Bernard Matthews turkey/chicken/beef /turkey ham slices?

Nandos? With salad?Never had Nandos so don't know what foods are on the menu, but anything in the protein list of 72 items are ok, so if its chicken salad then go for it, just no sauces or dressings.

Chicken fridge raiders? Or should you just stick to fresh protein that you cook yourself?I wouldn't but have occasionally had a prepack when desperate

Is it easy to eat out while on Dukan?Only time I have eaten out was a carvery, meats allowed, veg allowed, minimal gravy....no to potatoes, stuffing and yorks LOL

Sorry for all the questions,I have ordered the book-just wanted some advice from you Dukan pros while I wait for it. Ask away we were all new once.

I am hoping to lose 6 stone by september-Im 5'8 and weigh 17 stone. Do you think that is do able with Dukan? I am trying to lose weight inorder to bring back my fertility and concieve. I had one shot of depo in Sept 12', this caused me to eat n eat n eat. I have just started having what appears to be regular cycles. Now its time to get this weight off!Right I am going to be the voice of reason here. I've been following Dukan since last June, and I only achieved my 6stone loss last week. Admittedly I lost a month of good loss because of a stupid Christmas binge, but even then it would have been 10 months instead of 11. You are looking to lose 6stone in only 4 months. I'm sorry but I really don't think its achievable, however, you will definitely get a massive way there....and its worth a try. one thing however, is that a lot of new starters that have come from one diet to this one find they don't lose the first lot as fast as they think, this is because your body is already in diet mode, don't be surprised if your attack time is a low loss....someone else on here had that, can't remember who now. Sorry.

I need a way of eating that can be sustained and Dukan seems to be the way forward.

Your posts and this site are inspirational. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for reading x

But on a purely personal opinion, this diet is the best thing since ............sliced bread (not allowed in Attack and cruise :D )

I started after my parents both lost weigh on it and I decided a quick try was worth it. I lost so much so fast it spurred me on to losing more. I was overweight for over 25 years, and the weight I am now is the lowest I have been in 21 yrs. Go on give it a go, it will be worth it. Persevere and go for it.

Sorry for this question as I'm unsure as in the book it says pre cooked chicken turkey and ham slices I took this to be the pre packed meats is this not correct?

yes it does say that but Dukaneers have found that the added sugars and salts that are in them sometimes, not always can stall your weight loss. You can try them but you get a better weight loss with home cooked meats xxx

its one of those things that becomes individual to us all. I have up to a few weeks ago always had at least one pack of thin sliced ham a week, but as my weight nears the end I found they weren't helping me to lose......the same is crabsticks. I have regularly had a small pack of 8 from Farm foods for my supper, at least 5 days a week I had them, again now I find I can't have them as they stall my losses. I have had to make a lot of changes in the last few weeks to help me get to TW. Nearly there which means I can eat those things again in moderation. Dr D says in the old book crabstix are unlimited but other people said its limited to 8, another of those depends where you live as to the rules LOL.

Keep asking, we'll all have answers LOL

Hello there and welcome to the site,

At the end of the book (certain editions at least!), and readily available on internet, is a list of the 100 foods you CAN eat freely. I would always suggest to approach this diet in that direction rather than the reverse, if you see what I mean. Making delicious recipes using those foods (or checking our recipe section).

Of course some of us old timers have tried and tested having a bit of this or that, with varying results, but the best time for doing this diet is the first I think. Getting yourself properly pysched up, menus planned, fridge organised, etc., is when you can really have a great kick off.

As others have said - moving from a VLCD to Dukan will obviously mean you'll not have the huge water loss most of us have at the outset, and 6 stone loss by September is unlikely, but hey you'll look and feel so much better for the weight loss! Plus of course this diet (like a VLCD) requires a lengthy consolidation period, so as not to regain the weight immediately afterwards, so you are looking at a lengthy time commitment to get to target and consolidate and stabilise your loss.

Good luck!

Back