Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

ahh good luck! i always have that 'eeek' moment too, but WI was last night and another 4lbs off :) im consistent if nothing else lol let's just hope it continues!

WhatLiesWithin... said:
ahh good luck! i always have that 'eeek' moment too, but WI was last night and another 4lbs off :) im consistent if nothing else lol let's just hope it continues!

Congratulations! That's a brilliant loss and you've clearly worked hard for it x

Just a quick update as I'm doing this off my phone... I'll update my stats later...

2.5lbs off for me and 1.5lbs off my hubby :) that brings us both to a one stone and one pound loss in a month!

I got the Slimmer Of The Week award and he got the Slimmer Of The Month award today!

Yay x

Still buzzing from this morning's weigh in.

Rob & I often talk for at least an hour after the WI about how well things are going, how much we love SW and that it really is just learning the basics on which food types to limit (dairy, bread, etc)

I'm really enjoying the feeling of slight hunger, not severe hunger but just that ever-so-small space in my tummy. Its so much nicer than to feel like i'm constantly 'inflated' !!

My first target on my phone was to get to 18st 4lbs by today, 30th August. I am 18st 3lbs today so thats good because its one pound less to lose in the next month. I'm not sure how much i'll be able to stick at my targets so thats why I have two (one for a stone lost a month and one for 8lbs lost a month - 2lbs a week) so as long as i'm somewhere between the two i'll be happy.

Anyway - people have been talking about making quiche with the Batchelors Pasta N Sauces so i'm going to have a bash at that in the next week.

+++ Stay Positive Everyone +++

WE CAN DO IT !!

x

Way to go! :happy096:

let us know how the Quiche goes - That sounds nice, I'm running out of ideas!

Way to go! :happy096:

let us know how the Quiche goes - That sounds nice, I'm running out of ideas!

I shall do - I'll be updating my diary regularly.

I'm no chef but maybe I should put down some of my meal ideas... (not that they're anything fancy)

* Batchelors Pasta N Sauces (particularly Mild Cheese & Brocoli (1 syn per pack & HeX A for milk) or Tomato, Herb & Onion (free)
I will put the pasta with a nice piece of tender chicken and some vegetables. I also put mushrooms (SS food) and onions with everything.

* Spag Bol (without the spagetti because its just too fiddly to eat!! ;))
Mushrooms, Onions, Extra Lean Mince... Fry Light in a pan... once they're cooked sieve a tin of tomatos (to get rid of the extra water so its not swishing around your plate) and put in the frying pan as well with around 10 tablespoons of passata... add a couple of shakes of worcester sauce and some herbs and serve with pasta. We love it !! If you still have your HeXa then lob some cheese on !!

* Diet Coke Chicken
Here's the You Tube Video - serve with Slimming World Chips its like a sweet sticky chicken - slightly BBQ style.[YOUTUBE]Diet Coke Chicken (Slimming World) - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

* Cottage Pie
Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots, Extra Lean Mince... Fry Light in a pan... once they're cooked add around 8 tablespoons of passata... add a couple of shakes of worcester sauce and some herbs. Boil Potatos and mash in some Laughing Cow Triangles (Extra Light is Hexa for 6 !!) and serve in singular portion dishes - hubby loves it !!

* Extra Special Cheese & Tuna Jackets
Once the potatoes have been cooked in the microwave and we put them in the oven to crisp up... cut in half, scoop out the middle into a bowl and mash with your HeXa cheese and maybe salt and pepper to taste. Put mixture back in skins and add a tuna & mayo layer to each one (or tuna & salad cream) for a couple of syns !!

* Chinese Style Turkey & Rice
We buy plain turkey (usually three meats for £10 in Asda or Morrisons) and add Five Spice to it and serve with Batchelors Rice and some Super Speed Veg.

* ICE CREAM IN ANY FLAVOUR!!
Open your favourite flavour of Muller (or any other free yoghurt!) and whack in a tubberware and then into the freezer. Apparently the Vanilla with Chocolate sprinkles is like a luxury ice cream and the mango and passionfruit one is really refreshing!! Also it lasts longer !!

* Mini Pizza
Wholemeal Pitta... Tomato Puree (I know it has syns but cant think off hand) or passata (Free but a little more runny) HeXa Cheese... and whatever toppings... bacon, mushrooms - whatever !!

I hope these are useful for someone... As I say i'm no chef but i'm learning !!

x

Hi
Just watched the diet coke chicken from the link, going to give that a go.
Thanks for posting such good ideas
Bron

Hi
Just watched the diet coke chicken from the link, going to give that a go.
Thanks for posting such good ideas
Bron

You're more than welcome Bron. Every now and again i'll list my latest 'girl who cant really cook' meals :p for anyone needing some inspiration

x

WhitePigeon said:
Well done on your loss! And loving the recipes!x

Thank you :)

My "recipes" are really basic but i don't like things too complicated with a million ingredients!

x

Morning all!

I've just been to get my supply of Joe's Sausages. They're totally delicious and free but since they're still sausages I don't trust them 100% so I make sure I dont have many.

I'm having a very late English breakfast now. Scrambled egg, sausages, bacon, beans and mushrooms. I love this it totally fills me.

I bought some Alpen light bars yesterday and tried them for the first time. I chose Chocolate & Orange and they're nice. Two bars can be your healthy extra b choice although I can't really imagine finishing one bar and cracking open another or even having two in a day so I'd probably have one piece of toast or something later on that day.

Something I wished I'd done straight off was taken photos of the old me. I either didn't get around to it or didn't want to. I'm not sure which one to be honest. Now I've lost a stone I'm wishing I'd done it but I'm going to make sure I do today before I lose any more. It will be nice to look back on because I cleverly don't have many, if any full length photos of me.

This might sound a bit stupid but I find I can jump up off the sofa just that little bit easier. Not a lot but when I stand up I can feel like it was a tiny bit quicker..?! Does that make sense to anyone else?! Haha.

Also although i've still got a reasonably big stomach, I find that my clothes hang that tiny bit better. I know that I'm that little bit flatter than what I was.

My clothes are pretty stretchy anyway so I don't have much to gage on that front. I wear a tunic for work with leggings and the tunic might be a fraction more lose.

Anyway - that's my mini ramble for this morning! x

So here's my "breakfast" but really it's my lunch. I wasn't expecting 4 sausages (hubby was cooking) and I only managed two.

Beans, mushrooms, scrambled egg, bacon, sausage & toast.
X

Attachments

• image-1734168169.jpg
    image-1734168169.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 54
I just wanted to show you my "ideal" photo. Maybe when I get there I'll want to be less than that. Now granted I was 17 on this and I certainly don't plan on going back in time (!) but I was a size 14 on this photo...

I have focused on this photo alot lately to spur me on.

I can do this! x

Attachments

• image-1916488966.jpg
    image-1916488966.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 65
Hey Karen

Have just read through your diary and you seem to really be at it! Go you!! And well done on your fab weight loss so far! :) Keep up the good work :)

xxx

Thank you Bexyboo !!

I'm just absolutely determined, like i've never been before. I can't tell you how many times i've cried about my weight. I'm fed up of crying and just going to do something about it now :)

Good luck with your journey - you're getting good losses too !!

x

ginlin said:
Well done to you and hubby on your weight losses so far.

Also loving your diary x

Awww thank you :) I'm hoping to use this diary as something to help me through if I have a "wobble" day but also to let people into my positive way to weight loss. Once you've got on those scales the first time you don't ever have to be that weight again x

Hi Karen, I just wanted to say well done on your weightloss so far your doing so well. You sound really motivated and positive. I too have a photo of when I was around 17-18yrs old and a size 16 would love to get there again. Good luck with your next weigh in. x

emma237 said:
Hi Karen, I just wanted to say well done on your weightloss so far your doing so well. You sound really motivated and positive. I too have a photo of when I was around 17-18yrs old and a size 16 would love to get there again. Good luck with your next weigh in. x

Thanks Emma :) I think once your mind is truly made up that's it. Yes it's not an overnight process but bit by bit you can "carve" out the new you.

I stay focused on that photo. I sometimes think "I could NEVER be like that" but hang on - I WAS like that so I can be again!

Good luck on your journey

X

Back