Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Hi Karen, hope you have a lovely sw day today x x

I keep wondering if me having a few more syns recently compared to when I started SW is going to slow down my weight loss. I'm scared it will :( I suppose everyone's different.

x

I said I would get back to you after my WI - I weigh in at 10:00am on Fridays, my daily syn values for last week were:
Friday = 8
Saturday = 44 (sensible estimate as I ate out)
Sunday = 0 (tried to make up for Saturday!)
Monday = 4
Tuesday = 7
Wednesday = 10
Thursday = 9

Average per day = 11.7

and my weight loss this week...drum roll please....was 6.5lbs!! :clap:I think thats my best week yet! I'm not suggesting that everyone falls off the rails on a Saturday!! As you say everyone is different (I have a lot of weight to lose), but I have found that not being so stingy with my syns has helped. I dont spend them on biscuits/cakes as if I did, the whole packet would dissappear! I tend to use them on sauces/spreads to make the meals a little more exciting.

Best of luck and do whatever you feel best for you mate! x

Last edited:
Well done Vicky, great news.

Personally I use most or all of my syns every day (although I didn't necessarily always in the early days). It makes the plan 'normal' eating for me which is what has kept me on it for >1 yr. If I didn't, I'm not sure I'd still be here. But I am :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

bexyboo said:
Mmm looks yummy :)

Have a good day today. :) xx

Awww thank you Bexyboo!

Hope you're having a really good day too x

shenzi said:
Hi Karen, hope you have a lovely sw day today x x

Awww thank you! Hope you're having a really good day too :)

I've been ok today so far - getting a bit bored of my eggs on toast breakfast though!

x

vickidyers said:
I said I would get back to you after my WI - I weigh in at 10:00am on Fridays, my daily syn values for last week were:
Friday = 8
Saturday = 44 (sensible estimate as I ate out)
Sunday = 0 (tried to make up for Saturday!)
Monday = 4
Tuesday = 7
Wednesday = 10
Thursday = 9

Average per day = 11.7

and my weight loss this week...drum roll please....was 6.5lbs!! :clap:I think thats my best week yet! I'm not suggesting that everyone falls off the rails on a Saturday!! As you say everyone is different (I have a lot of weight to lose), but I have found that not being so stingy with my syns has helped. I dont spend them on biscuits/cakes as if I did, the whole packet would dissappear! I tend to use them on sauces/spreads to make the meals a little more exciting.

Best of luck and do whatever you feel best for you mate! x

Omg Vicki that's amazing!

I can't believe that you had quite a few syns and lost SO much. Have you been exercising more, had loads of veg, etc?

I need your secrets :)

x

gl12282 said:
Well done Vicky, great news.

Personally I use most or all of my syns every day (although I didn't necessarily always in the early days). It makes the plan 'normal' eating for me which is what has kept me on it for >1 yr. If I didn't, I'm not sure I'd still be here. But I am :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

That's exactly where I want to me - still on plan in a years time :)

It just seems so wrong eating loads of syns... When I started four weeks ago I didn't have very many and slowly it's gotten to where I'm having more it's slightly frightening me because I don't want to get so used to having them that I fall off the wagon... :(

I'll just have to see at the weigh in on Tuesday

x

Just wanted to do a little food update from last night... After my chicken and potatoes I had my orange sprinkled with chocolate muller "Ice cream"

It took so much long to eat and because it was frozen solid I got a little bit at a time to eat.

Shall definitely be trying out new flavours. I've got the coconut sprinkled with chocolate one in the freezer now :)

x

Attachments

• image-803028604.jpg
    image-803028604.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 41
Omg Vicki that's amazing!

I can't believe that you had quite a few syns and lost SO much. Have you been exercising more, had loads of veg, etc?

I need your secrets :)

x

Lol! I don't have any secrets, but I have a few tips I use:

My work collegue is a sports nutritionist and he explained to me in great detail that overnight your metabolism slows down as for 8-12 hours your not eating and you need to kick start that in the morning - so 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' is not just a myth. I dont have really a breakfast because I'm always up too late, but I now try to cram in at least a banana or alpen light soon after I get up

I never go hungry - I have stores of bananas apples and pears at work and at home to munch if I get hungry

Raspberries can be a great desert after a small meal - they are superspeed!

I drink alot (but I always have as I suffer with kidney problems) - I should try and drink more water than the fizzy really

I use syns, but try to stay away from anything that I can't stop like cakes - 1 is never enough!

thats my only few tips, but I don't normally lose as much as I did this week, I'm looking forward to next week..but in a weird way I'm really concerned as I don't want to get over confident now!! ;)

PS... had trouble with the chart, it wouldn't load correctly - will try agin later!

vickidyers said:
Lol! I don't have any secrets, but I have a few tips I use:

My work collegue is a sports nutritionist and he explained to me in great detail that overnight your metabolism slows down as for 8-12 hours your not eating and you need to kick start that in the morning - so 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' is not just a myth. I dont have really a breakfast because I'm always up too late, but I now try to cram in at least a banana or alpen light soon after I get up

I never go hungry - I have stores of bananas apples and pears at work and at home to munch if I get hungry

Raspberries can be a great desert after a small meal - they are superspeed!

I drink alot (but I always have as I suffer with kidney problems) - I should try and drink more water than the fizzy really

I use syns, but try to stay away from anything that I can't stop like cakes - 1 is never enough!

thats my only few tips, but I don't normally lose as much as I did this week, I'm looking forward to next week..but in a weird way I'm really concerned as I don't want to get over confident now!! ;)

PS... had trouble with the chart, it wouldn't load correctly - will try agin later!

Thanks for your secrets :)

I used to not bother with breakfast for the exact same reason but I used have to be in the call centre and taking calls by 8am and since I work for myself now and am only just building my business I generally turn up about 9.30 :)

I have got a supply of Alpen light bars and always have bananas around although I don't like them with brown bits on so I'm not keen on eating them after a little while :(

Some weeks I get a bit paranoid that I'll get to "weigh in Tuesday" and won't have lost anything but so far that hasn't happened. Just as long as I don't put on I'll be happy :)

I know what you mean about being over confident after a big loss. I tell myself I'll be happy with a 2lb loss although at the start when someone said "you should lose 2lb a week" I wasn't happy (pound greedy I think!)

:)

x

Food so far...

Ok so today hubby had made me eggs and toast but to be honest I'm bored of them now that I just couldn't eat them so he did and I had an Alpen Light bar in double chocolate.

I've also had a banana, Activia Snack Pot in mango (delicious!)

I was looking for something for lunch but didn't want the same old stuff so had a tin of Heinz macaroni cheese. I checked the syns beforehand and for a little 200g tin it was 3 syns so I "spent" them on that - just for a change.

That's it so far... We'll be having slimming World Chips and fresh fish for tea :)

x

Attachments

• image-4105802777.jpg
    image-4105802777.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 42
This post has no relevance but I wanted to show you all my nails :) it's Shellac

Just thought I'd share and bling up my diary

x

Attachments

• image-388686259.jpg
    image-388686259.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 68
(!) Your nails look amazing! Did you do them or get them done somewhere professionally?

Also, well done on sticking to plan. 3 syns on that macaroni cheese doesn't seem too bad at all! :D

Have a good Saturday! :)

WhitePigeon said:
(!) Your nails look amazing! Did you do them or get them done somewhere professionally?

Also, well done on sticking to plan. 3 syns on that macaroni cheese doesn't seem too bad at all! :D

Have a good Saturday! :)

I did have them done professionally... I'm a nail technician :) haha. I got a little bored yesterday afternoon and thought I'd make a mess all over my desk - I had glitter everywhere!

I was surprised that the macaroni was only 3 syns for the Heinz version - for that same size in asdas own version was 6 syns!

x

Food diary from last night and this morning...

So after my macaroni for lunch I had my SW chips and fresh fish - I think it was haddock with a level tablespoon of brown sauce (1syn) for dinner.

This morning I've had my English breakfast with my Joes sausages, lean bacon, beans, mushrooms and scrambled egg. It truly does fill you doesn't it?!

:) x

Attachments

• image-1188920325.jpg
    image-1188920325.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 43
I wanted to do a list of all the things I'm looking forward to once i'm slinky. I want to be able to come back to it if I have a wobble moment to ensure it doesn't end in a 'munch marathon' :p

* Being able to shop in 'normal' shops and not be so limited.
* Never having to wonder 'can I fit through that gap?' while trying to get past chairs in a restaurant / walking down the aisle on a plane, etc.
*Not needing to study every chair to see if it will be able to take my weight and just being able to sit down whereever !
* Not having to worry about if the aeroplane belt will fit and if my thighs will be jam packed into the seat and keeping pressing the 'call for assistance' button.
* Not going to the pool on holiday or walking into a room and scanning to see if i'm the biggest person there.
* Being able to walk a distance without litterally being grind to a halt because my back is that sore.
* Being able go to New York (favourite place in the world) and actually being able to buy clothes and not just handbags and jewellery.
* Being smaller than my husband - I always wanted to be that petit girly stood next to my 6 foot 3 husband. I am only 5 foot 3 but my 'height' was the other direction.
* Meeting people from the past and watching them gasp that i'm completely different person. I know others that have lost an awful lot of weight and I know that that description sticks to them for life. 'You know! blah blah! Short, brown hair, the one thats lost all the weight!' YAY!
* Since i'm doing Beauty Level 2 in college this year... it will be nice to feel like I am beautiful with a nice figure.
* (This goes hand in hand with the last one) Meeting people from hubbys work / hubbys family and not wondering if they go away and think 'his wife is fat - what a shame' and knowing that I look good.
* Being able to go on trips out with friends without wondering if theres a lot of walking and if I am going to get 'over heated'
* Being able to go on shopping trips with friends and not having to drag them to 'big girl shops'
* Being able to bend down properly without my tummy getting so squashed that it reaches its limit and I have to shuffle things to the side to lean over and get them.
* Being able to close my legs properly. Yes I've dared to put that on my list but its true so why not? I would have to really work at closing my legs properly so my knees are together.
* Being able to go to a small space (aeroplane, cinema, etc) and being able to sit next to a stranger without my 'rugby shoulders' taking up the entire width of my seat and part of theirs too.
* any finally... at some point being able to concieve a baby and completing our marriage :rolleyes:

x

Last edited:
Wow - what a good idea to write that list. I can see how motivating that will be. Apart from just getting into a healthy BMI my list really is just one thing. When either of my children decide to get married, I want to look better than whatever current bimbo my ex-husband is with! I have to say that is actually very motivating lol.

Wow - what a good idea to write that list. I can see how motivating that will be. Apart from just getting into a healthy BMI my list really is just one thing. When either of my children decide to get married, I want to look better than whatever current bimbo my ex-husband is with! I have to say that is actually very motivating lol.

Haha - I read that and laughed with the most evil laugh - thats exactly what I would do !! :D

I've written the list before but when I went to post it it had logged me out (!)

I'm on a tiny bit of a 'diet downer' these last few days. I felt like this the other week too - although I haven't eaten too much, etc - every now and again I get a week where I wonder if I've lost.

I know its really naughty but i've jumped on the scales for comfort and I have lost a pound and a half but I still wont relax until Tuesday. I cant help it - I want this so bad !! :rolleyes:

x

Great list. You can achieve every one of those goals :D

You will definitely have those 'diet downer' days/weeks, where it just all feels like a bit of an effort. When I'm feeling great, I can't imagine how I won't be happy for 'ever after' doing SW and feeling this way. And when I'm having a 'downer', I just can't see how and why I would want to keep doing this. I'm just bored and fed up. However even on those days, I look back (and my diary is a help for this) and see how far I've come. That keeps me on it and hopefully it will for you too.

Well done Karen, you are doing just great :)

Gail x

Back