Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Hey Karen - that would be awesome if you and Rob got into the magazine! I'll be like - I know her :D Hehe.

Really pleased you are enjoying the diet. I have to say - for the first time since May when I restarted I am beginning to enjoy it too. :) You are always soo positive and are an inspiration.

Hows everything going at work? Are you getting busier? xx

Hi Karen,

I've just been having a peak through your diary and it's so inspirational your are doing fantastic and you should be so proud.

And wow on a potential getting in the SW mag. Even more motivation for you, not that you need anymore. :) x

Hi karen,

Just wanted to say a massive well done to you. You are amazing! Reading your posts really perks me up and gives me the boost I need.

I love how positive you are about all your weigh ins and how you would never actually know you were on a diet.

Im just starting out really, can you give me some tips on what you usually have on a daily basis, do you do mostly extra easy days?xxx:wavey:

bexyboo said:
Hey Karen - that would be awesome if you and Rob got into the magazine! I'll be like - I know her :D Hehe.

Really pleased you are enjoying the diet. I have to say - for the first time since May when I restarted I am beginning to enjoy it too. :) You are always soo positive and are an inspiration.

Hows everything going at work? Are you getting busier? xx

Awww thanks Bexy :) work is so so really... All depends but I have quite a lot of appointments for Christmas week!

I'm so glad you're enjoying it... It "passes the time" so much better when you're actually enjoying the journey... I'm enjoying saying to myself "ok so next week I should be 16st whatever"

There's always a goal to reach whether it's the half stone point, full stone point or in the stone bracket below its great. It keeps me always focusing on the next one.

At first when people said to do mini goals I thought there would be no point but it really does work.

Keep enjoying the journey :) we can all do this - I totally believe that x

holpops said:
Hi Karen,

I've just been having a peak through your diary and it's so inspirational your are doing fantastic and you should be so proud.

And wow on a potential getting in the SW mag. Even more motivation for you, not that you need anymore. :) x

Awww thank you :)

At first I wasn't proud or anything... Just told myself that I was doing something that I should have done years ago but now I've got to the point where as I feel so much better already - I can walk places that would have previously killed me I swear! I actually can see that I'm a fairly attractive person as the pounds melt away and every day it gets better :)

it's almost like playing "pass the parcel" removing the layers one by one...!

To strangers in the street I'm still fat but it doesn't effect me because I'm alot different to what I used to be and in the process of being completely free of the extra handles!

I can't tell you how much confidence this has given me in so many aspects of my life!

Wishing you well on your journey x

Danniig83 said:
Hi karen,

Just wanted to say a massive well done to you. You are amazing! Reading your posts really perks me up and gives me the boost I need.

I love how positive you are about all your weigh ins and how you would never actually know you were on a diet.

Im just starting out really, can you give me some tips on what you usually have on a daily basis, do you do mostly extra easy days?xxx:wavey:

Hey Dannii!

Thanks so much :) honestly I have had moments of "is this worth it?" but because I've continually stuck at it I soon look at my achievements and say to myself "of course it's worth it you fool - look what you've done so far!!"

As time goes on those achievements get bigger "now it's two stone I've lost instead of one... Etc" so as the rewards get bigger I find that I'm actually not questioning myself anymore.

I have a list of meals that I typed out for a friend yesterday so when I get home I'll copy and paste it onto here (I'm on my phone at the minute!)

I always do Extra Easy. I've joined SW twice years ago and did red and green days but I think they're alot harder for the same weight loss (in my opinion). Theres alot of freedom with EE - obviously it's only one Healthy Extra A & B but that doesn't bother me at all.

I'll add the extra post with the food ideas later today for you

X

Hey All !!

As promised I thought i'd list the sort of stuff we've been eating...

The sort of things we eat are...

* Omelettes / scrambled eggs / fried eggs (with your low calorie spray)
* Jacket Potatoes / Slimming World Chips (made by cutting a potato into chips - boiling them and then spraying them with your low calorie spray and baking them until crispy)
* Pasta with tomato based sauces using tinned chopped tomatos and passata (sieved tomatoes from a carton) We make our 'spag bol' like this and add herbs and lean beef.
* Fresh soups speed your weight loss as its vegetables and stock - definitely helped so much recently whilst we were on holiday - theres no doubt about that at all!
* Packet rice (like savoury rice that you just put water in and microwave?)
* We have 'english breakfasts' by have baked beans, mushrooms, bacon (fat removed) scrambled eggs !!
* cottage pie as the potatoes and meat are free, I mix tinned tomatoes and passata with the meat along with herbs and worcester sauce. I'll use cheese or milk to mix with the mash and use our allowance up for the day on that.
* I will make a carbonara by heating Phildelphia Cheese up in a pan and adding mushrooms and ham or bacon with pasta. The cheese is your 'healthy extra' for the day then.

We will sometimes make the packet sauces (Scwartz?) and you just check the calorie value (I think theyre generally about 120 calories a pack) so if Rob & I are sharing it its only 3 syns each. We normally have things like tuna pasta bake so the pasta (free) tuna (free if in brine or water) mushrooms (free) and its only the 3 syns you're using for it !! We will save our portion of cheese up and use as a topping.

We generally put mushrooms and onions in everything for flavour and they're both speed foods. We use worcester sauce for flavour as its free. Rob uses sweetener in his coffee and tea. We eat fat free yoghurts.

Just some ideas anyway for new starters and maybe a refresh for the more long termers that have gotten a bit bored ! ;)

x

karen you absolute star thank you so much for that, im looking forward to planning my next few days meals now :D xxx

Evenin' all!

Just a lil update. I want to show you that I have my down days...

Thursday was a down day. Plan stuck to but I wasn't very happy so got up and had 5x mini Crunchies (equalivant to 2 and a half big bars?) at 4 syns a pop. I also had toblerone (10 syns)

I have weighed myself and I have put on slightly so now I'm working my butt off again with soups and keeping my syns low (yesterday I had no syns and today I've had half a syn)

The point is I'm back on track - i know eating my little stash wasn't right but it felt a damn sight better that I was able to quickly change back to "the new me"

Onwards and downwards slinkies-to-be!

:D x

Hi Karen, well done for getting straight back on track, your only human and we all have blips! Good luck for Tuesday xx

you climbed straight back up on to that there wagon karen.
which just goes to show how much you have your head round this:D

hope your bad day has resolved its self xx

:bighug::bighug:

Well peeps...

2.5lb off bringing me to 16st 10 and my two and a half stone award!

Rob has reached his target today! He's now a target member and will continue to come with me for support which was our plan all along. In total he's lost 2 stone 10 :D

x

Actually... In celebration of Rob hitting his target.... I'm going to show you a little before and after of him

x

Attachments

• image-219347686.jpg
    image-219347686.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2198160713.jpg
    image-2198160713.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 39
That's brilliant well done to you both! X

Thanks everyone. I'm so pleased for both of us. Rob just has the difficult task of keeping within the 3lbs above and 3lbs below rule but he can do it. The consultant said for him to have a few more HeXB's and keep the syns the same this week and then see how he goes.

I'm delighted with my weight loss... After the Thursday I had with the Crunchies as well as Toblerone... PLUS the scales all week have told me I was the same or more... I was really thinking a STS was the best I could hope for.

I feel amazing (someone get a bucket!) I really do. One of the women in SW has been on holiday for a couple of weeks and caught me as I was leaving. She said to me "you can half tell the difference in you since I was last here!" which was a lovely feeling.

I feel so more attractive (grab the bucket again!) I even caught the guy working in Tesco looking at backside! Haha :D

Anyway - you're all bored now eh?

So excited to see what I weigh by Christmas! Eeeeek!

X

whooo whooo Karen. So proud of you both :D well done Rob reaching target :D Karen you are doing so well huni. I best get moving you are catching me up ;) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie :rolleyes:

I dont think theres any danger of me catching you up but you can definitely keep running and sliding down those scales :D

The bizarre thing is the end is getting a little more in sight - obviously im miles away - 16st 10 and I want to be 12 stone but I suppose what I mean is i've lost 2.5st so I know I can carry this right through to the end now which is brilliant - I have to keep pinching myself !!

I shall be on the treadmill for a little while tomorrow - havent used it since Monday so need to hop back on to help everything shift !!

THINK SLINKY everyone !! We're MILES less than we were last year !

x

Back