Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Karen I've never watched that programme. I must see if its on demand on our tv

I can so relate to this.... So similar. My mother used to buy little choccie bars and crisps and hang them in a carrier bag in the dining room for us to take in our lunchboxes, I used to eat them and have to replace them so she didn't know.

Even this Easter. I bought the egg, all cadburys of course, and I ate several. I am still finding the flat packed boxes that I hid in my underwear draws, in jiffy bags near my desk etc, and choccie wrappers... I used to put them out for the rubbish after Gary had gone to work :( how embarassing :( I would buy ie 2 or 3 twirls, 3 wispas, sit and eat the lot and then hide the wrappers.....

right onto a healthier thing :giggle: the lentil and bacon soup recipe

small size bag or split red lentils
6 rashers of bacon cut into small pieces fat removed
onions
carrots
potatoes
knorr vegetable stock pots x 2
salt pepper

wash lentils thoroughly and put in large sauce pan. add chopped onions, carrots, potatoes, stock pots salt and pepper and bacon

add water

keep topping up the water until all ingredients cooked ie 30-50 mins until the lentils are soft and change from orange to a pale colour eat as is or blend :D

Karen I've never watched that programme. I must see if its on demand on our tv

I can so relate to this.... So similar. My mother used to buy little choccie bars and crisps and hang them in a carrier bag in the dining room for us to take in our lunchboxes, I used to eat them and have to replace them so she didn't know.

Even this Easter. I bought the egg, all cadburys of course, and I ate several. I am still finding the flat packed boxes that I hid in my underwear draws, in jiffy bags near my desk etc, and choccie wrappers... I used to put them out for the rubbish after Gary had gone to work :( how embarassing :( I would buy ie 2 or 3 twirls, 3 wispas, sit and eat the lot and then hide the wrappers.....

right onto a healthier thing :giggle: the lentil and bacon soup recipe

small size bag or split red lentils
6 rashers of bacon cut into small pieces fat removed
onions
carrots
potatoes
knorr vegetable stock pots x 2
salt pepper

wash lentils thoroughly and put in large sauce pan. add chopped onions, carrots, potatoes, stock pots salt and pepper and bacon

add water

keep topping up the water until all ingredients cooked ie 30-50 mins until the lentils are soft and change from orange to a pale colour eat as is or blend :D

Thanks for the receipe - it sounds delicious !!

You really need to look up that programme - maybe its on you tube or something? I have the episodes on Sky Plus and watch them when I want more motivation - its the best thing and a real eye opener !! Its normally on Channel 4 but might be on More 4 or something like that.

What you said about Easter Eggs is exactly the same for me. I would eat them but I couldnt really hide them as Rob would know they were gone but he never judged me although I knew it was utter greed.

This is probably a really warped thing to say but sometimes I'd want to buy a big box of chocolates just to scoff them so i'll look whats in the trolley at the supermarket and see if I can 'get away with it.' By that, what I mean is 'will the checkout lady know theyre mine if theres all sweets in there or might she think they're a present for someone because I have some veggies and stuff in there' Do you know what I mean?

Its a relief to talk so honestly - I do think weight issues are very secretative so talking about it openly telling you all this means I am releasing all the bad to let the good in - Im mad aren't I?! :)

x

You're not mad at all I used to do the same :giggle: :giggle: we are not twins as you are way younger but you must be a mini me :giggle:

I used to buy things like the thorntons melts so that I could eat them and the checkout lady would assume they were gifts as they were posh chocs ;) :8855:

Oh and another thing I was known to do was pretend I was working out if I had got one choccie bar each ie kids, OH, etc at the checkout when I was actually going to scoff them :eek::eek::eek:

I sorted a clothes draw out to day and found some flat packed easter egg boxes :eek: it made me smile really as I am bound to find more as I used to replace them and nobody knew :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I do think I've hidden behind my fat though. I've used it in my head to be an excuse not to go somewhere, see someone, do something :( for so many years. Pretended I was happy fat when I wasn't, but pretended to be bubbly and happy when I was in company.......

I think its best to be honest Karen, then we are not kidding ourselves, Better out than in as they say, and its also openly admitting stuff so hopefull we can now move on :D xxxxxx

JackieN said:
You're not mad at all I used to do the same :giggle: :giggle: we are not twins as you are way younger but you must be a mini me :giggle:

I used to buy things like the thorntons melts so that I could eat them and the checkout lady would assume they were gifts as they were posh chocs ;) :8855:

Oh and another thing I was known to do was pretend I was working out if I had got one choccie bar each ie kids, OH, etc at the checkout when I was actually going to scoff them :eek::eek::eek:

I sorted a clothes draw out to day and found some flat packed easter egg boxes :eek: it made me smile really as I am bound to find more as I used to replace them and nobody knew :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I do think I've hidden behind my fat though. I've used it in my head to be an excuse not to go somewhere, see someone, do something :( for so many years. Pretended I was happy fat when I wasn't, but pretended to be bubbly and happy when I was in company.......

I think its best to be honest Karen, then we are not kidding ourselves, Better out than in as they say, and its also openly admitting stuff so hopefull we can now move on :D xxxxxx

We are definitely twins! I can't believe you did the same things as me!

I've even been into Sayers (cakes, sandwiches and pasties place - I don't know if it's near you?) and pretending to buy a pasty for me and one for hubby and some doughnuts and ate both pasties and most of the doughnuts. I have to say though half way through the second one I realised I was just trying to shove it down and didnt feel as good about myself because I wasn't enjoying it. I remember that feel vividly. Not good.

I try to explain to Rob how it feels to be as overweight as I am and why it happens. I've heard people on telly say "I don't understand why people are fat - eat less!" and I think "I'm fat, I know to eat less but then it's like this crazy demon says I CAN'T - I HAVE to have it all." To me it's like an opposite to anorexics. They have the demon that says they're fat, not good enough blah blah blah and it sucks them into a bad world and I believe our one says "eat - you'll feel better. This all tastes so good and youre fat anyway so what does one cheesecake matter? One family sized bar of chocolate won't make a difference... It's not like you weigh yourself or look in the mirror!"

Ok - am I crazy now?! :D x

To add as well...

I'm from Liverpool (if you havent already read!) although my accent isn't really scouse... Hubby is from a town nearby and that's where we live now. I don't like going back into Liverpool because I dread seeing anyone who knew me because I know hat they're thinking "OMG she's gone really fat!" so now when I'm slinky I'll be going there LOOKING for people! Haha

x

Last edited:
I have done the whole buying 2 pasties etc and casually mentioning that hubby is joining me for lunch, when i know damn well he's not and i am going to eat it all when i get home. Avoiding people has become an art form :confused:

I have an aunt who when you bump into her always says "oh have you lost weight" when i so obviously haven't and it really pushes my buttons. I always wish she would just say nothing :rolleyes:

I really don't think you are mad at all infact i think there are an awful lot of people out there who are exactly like us but as you have said it's not really talked about and so many people just presume its as simple as cutting your calorie intake, when it so obviously isn't.

But you know what, we are the lucky ones, we are addressing the problem and slimming ourselves down and we have found so many like minded people i am sure we can do it :D

you will be there long before me but i will be there and looking for my makeover :D

I have decided to have a coming out ball when i am happy with myself and can buy clothes easily i am going to have a big party and have the works limo makeover and evening dress code so that i can show the world the new me.
(slimming world friendly buffet obviously :D)

oops rambling on your diary instead of my own :eek:

broadsbean said:
I have done the whole buying 2 pasties etc and casually mentioning that hubby is joining me for lunch, when i know damn well he's not and i am going to eat it all when i get home. Avoiding people has become an art form :confused:

I have an aunt who when you bump into her always says "oh have you lost weight" when i so obviously haven't and it really pushes my buttons. I always wish she would just say nothing :rolleyes:

I really don't think you are mad at all infact i think there are an awful lot of people out there who are exactly like us but as you have said it's not really talked about and so many people just presume its as simple as cutting your calorie intake, when it so obviously isn't.

But you know what, we are the lucky ones, we are addressing the problem and slimming ourselves down and we have found so many like minded people i am sure we can do it :D

you will be there long before me but i will be there and looking for my makeover :D

I have decided to have a coming out ball when i am happy with myself and can buy clothes easily i am going to have a big party and have the works limo makeover and evening dress code so that i can show the world the new me.
(slimming world friendly buffet obviously :D)

oops rambling on your diary instead of my own :eek:

Exactly Mandy - addressing it is half of the battle - knowing where you've gone wrong!

We all have similar stories though eh?

Onwards and downwards! x

Well everyone...

The soup has saved me! Good and proper.

Half a pound off so I've hit my club 10! Robs lost 2lb?! Whaaaaat?! I'm happy anyway that it isn't a plus sign. I'm trying to stay away from that sign for as long as possible!

x

Woo well done Karen that's amazing! X

:wee: :wee: :wee: well done Karen:D thats a pretty good achievement after a holiday sweetheart, be proud, very proud :D

You are not mad at all :bighug: and if you are then it looks like many of us must be :giggle: it just shows what we all did and how we are all changing, though I found owning up harder than I thought yesterday.xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone :) it's such a relief to have managed to lose that 4 or 5 pounds before WI - almost a miracle! I didn't even exercise whilst I was away other than putting the cheesecake and ice cream to my lips!

I shall have to be careful this week as it might be waiting for me... Anything I eat might stick to my thighs!

x

JackieN said:
:wee: :wee: :wee: well done Karen:D thats a pretty good achievement after a holiday sweetheart, be proud, very proud :D

You are not mad at all :bighug: and if you are then it looks like many of us must be :giggle: it just shows what we all did and how we are all changing, though I found owning up harder than I thought yesterday.xxxxxxxxxxx

Awww did you? I don't because I've let it go - that's the old me. This me now is a reformed character who's getting more and more healthy and slimmer by the minute - just like you!

accept that's your past - you won't be back there and you can release it :D

Our treats now wont be a box of malteasers - it will be a bag as opposed to none at all. If you get me?

X

Awww did you? I don't because I've let it go - that's the old me. This me now is a reformed character who's getting more and more healthy and slimmer by the minute - just like you!

accept that's your past - you won't be back there and you can release it :D

Our treats now wont be a box of malteasers - it will be a bag as opposed to none at all. If you get me?

X
very true

you talk alot of words of wisdom for one so young ;) :D :D: :bighug:

everything in moderation has never been something I have learnt or done, I hope I have pretty much learnt it now :D

JackieN said:
very true

you talk alot of words of wisdom for one so young ;) :D :D: :bighug:

everything in moderation has never been something I have learnt or done, I hope I have pretty much learnt it now :D

Hahaha - you're making me feel like a teenager. I am a 26 year old woman of the world. Haha!

I never did moderation. I wouldn't open biscuits and eat one. I'd probably eat maybe 6, realise it was half the pack and sit with them until they vanished! I don't buy packs like that anymore. I buy funsize or party versions of everything. My friend (who's a size 10 and always has been) would say to me that that's what shes always done because she knows she couldn't stop at one. Ok yeah I could eat loads of fun sized packs in one go but I won't because they're not open.

x

CurvyKaren said:
Well everyone...

The soup has saved me! Good and proper.

Half a pound off so I've hit my club 10! Robs lost 2lb?! Whaaaaat?! I'm happy anyway that it isn't a plus sign. I'm trying to stay away from that sign for as long as possible!

x

Well done, that's quite an achievement , have a good week
Bron

Hope you are ok? Love following your progress. Has work been busy since you got back?
Bron

Back