Thinking about ending my lipotrim journey after week one :(

chelseerm123

So I am currently on day 3 (yeah I know early days) but I am really bored of this diet, miss eating, miss going hard at the gym and swimming and miss cooking etc.

I cannot see myself doing this long term anymore. To be fair I haven't had a hard time so far, no headaches, been hungry but not starving and am in ketosis now.

I think I will continue till I end week one, then go straight onto the dukan diet which I have done before. I will already be in ketosis so the transition will be easy. I will then get to eat, cook and exercise!

The reason I started Lipotrim is because I wanted to loose as close to 3 stone as I could in 9 weeks before a holiday but I have come to terms with that will more than likely not happen anyways.

If I stick to the dukan I should be able to easily loose 2 pounds a week plus exercise enough to tone up so even if I am big ill be firmer than just loosing fat on lipotrim

I am disapointed in myself but I think this diet has opened my eyes in many ways already. How mindlessly I snack when I think im hungry, how much rubbish carbs I eat and has focused me to really start loosing this weight.

if thats how you feel fair enough but if your disappointed thats normally and indication you dont think its the right decision,.

i did lose just over the three stone in a close enough time frame to yours and while it was hard it was worth it.

from my understanding you will gain what weight you lose on the first week if you give up so i wouldnt recommend it.

best of luck whatever decision you make

chelseerm, nooooo! Obviously it's your choice, but I want to try and encourage you to keep trying.

It is completely & utterly boring and sometimes it does gets me down, especially when I see my husband and four-year-old daughter eating (and I make their food most of the time), which is hard...

...BUT it is probably the fastest way to lose the weight and I'll very willingly put myself through nine boring weeks (as that's how long I'm doing it for too, for a holiday like you) to be much smaller and much happier when I go. It's SO, SO VERY worth it and if you continue you will feel so unimaginably happy with yourself that you did. You can do another diet and maybe lose the two pounds each week, or maybe not, but if you stick with Lipotrim (and really two months isn't a long time) you will lose a considerable amount of weight in that time (if you stick to it and drink the water).

The reason I started Lipotrim is because I wanted to loose as close to 3 stone as I could in 9 weeks before a holiday but I have come to terms with that will more than likely not happen anyways.

I want to show you my weekly weight losses from 2012 when I did Lipotrim to lose the weight I put on during pregnancy with my first daughter. I did it for 17 weeks and lost 4st 10.25lb, but I'm going to show you my losses from the first nine weeks as this is how long you wanted to be on Lipotrim.

Week:
Loss per Week:
Total Loss:
8lb
8lb
5.25lb
13.25lb
4.25lb
1st 3.5lb
6.5lb
1st 10lb
2.5lb
1st 12.5lb
4.5lb
2st 3lb
3.75lb
2st 6.75lb
3.25lb
2st 10lb
4lb
3st

I just wanted to show you that I lost exactly 3st in exactly 9 weeks. If I can do it, so can you! :)

Good luck with whatever you decide. x

chelseerm, nooooo! Obviously it's your choice, but I want to try and encourage you to keep trying.

It is completely & utterly boring and sometimes it does gets me down, especially when I see my husband and four-year-old daughter eating (and I make their food most of the time), which is hard...

...BUT it is probably the fastest way to lose the weight and I'll very willingly put myself through nine boring weeks (as that's how long I'm doing it for too, for a holiday like you) to be much smaller and much happier when I go. It's SO, SO VERY worth it and if you continue you will feel so unimaginably happy with yourself that you did. You can do another diet and maybe lose the two pounds each week, or maybe not, but if you stick with Lipotrim (and really two months isn't a long time) you will lose a considerable amount of weight in that time (if you stick to it and drink the water).

I want to show you my weekly weight losses from 2012 when I did Lipotrim to lose the weight I put on during pregnancy with my first daughter. I did it for 17 weeks and lost 4st 10.25lb, but I'm going to show you my losses from the first nine weeks as this is how long you wanted to be on Lipotrim.

Week:Loss per Week:Total Loss:
18lb8lb
25.25lb13.25lb
34.25lb1st 3.5lb
46.5lb1st 10lb
52.5lb1st 12.5lb
64.5lb2st 3lb
73.75lb2st 6.75lb
83.25lb2st 10lb
94lb3st

I just wanted to show you that I lost exactly 3st in exactly 9 weeks. If I can do it, so can you! :)

Good luck with whatever you decide. x

Those losses are amazing! and have really lifted my sprites. I weighed myself this morning to keep me going and have lost 7 pounds and now on day 4 so hoping to get a similar loss to you in week one. But I really do want to get back to my 1.5 hour gym sessions coming out sweating and feeling good and I know I wont be able to do that on this diet :(

If I stick on lipotrim I think the only was I could do it if I adapt it slightly. Im considering for dinner each night having a small chicken/turkey breast (plain and grilled) It will make me feel normal at the dinner table, be low in calories, keep me in ketosis and keep me sane throughout the day!

I know it will slow my overall weight down but it should surely keep me having bigger losses than if i was on another diet.

But then again it leads me to thinking about missing out on gym :(

Glad I could have helped a little bit. :) I can't empathise about wanting to go to the gym :) as it's not something I would ever enjoy, but I can understand you missing something that you'd love to be doing. You're not supposed to exercise on Lipotrim and normally people find that they don't have the energy to anyway, but you can introduce exercise slowly if you want to and it should be something that you're already used to doing, not anything new.

I don't drive, so I have to walk my daughter to nursery, come home, go back to pick her up and then walk home with her again (all pushing my 6 month old daughter in a pushchair, up and down small hills), so I'm walking nearly 3 miles each day and I try to go as fast as I can on the two trips without my older daughter. I don't think it interfered with my week 1 weight loss as I managed to lose 11lb and that's the most I've ever lost on week 1 (though I have been doing a lot better with drinking water than I've ever done before also, so that could have helped).

Glad I could have helped a little bit. :) I can't empathise about wanting to go to the gym :) as it's not something I would ever enjoy, but I can understand you missing something that you'd love to be doing. You're not supposed to exercise on Lipotrim and normally people find that they don't have the energy to anyway, but you can introduce exercise slowly if you want to and it should be something that you're already used to doing, not anything new.

I don't drive, so I have to walk my daughter to nursery, come home, go back to pick her up and then walk home with her again (all pushing my 6 month old daughter in a pushchair, up and down small hills), so I'm walking nearly 3 miles each day and I try to go as fast as I can on the two trips without my older daughter. I don't think it interfered with my week 1 weight loss as I managed to lose 11lb and that's the most I've ever lost on week 1 (though I have been doing a lot better with drinking water than I've ever done before also, so that could have helped).

Yes I love the gym and go with my mum so was a stable part of my daily routine. I dont feel week in the day but know I dont have the energy for a proper gym session and dont want to feel like this for two months. My head is really in two minds at the moment.

I could potentially be the weight I want for holiday if I stick to lipotrim and get similar losses to yourself. However If i change to dukan I can loose 2 pounds a week but also go gym and tone up which I know will make a difference and improve my mood. Even now the thought of another shake is really depressing me :(

Aww. :( Well, you have to do what you want to do. My only advice is that when you make your decision, think about how you'll feel after the nine weeks rather than how you're feeling now. Don't do it because you want an easier ride over the nine weeks, do whatever will make you feel happier in the end. So if you think you'll feel happier losing more weight, stick to Lipotrim and don't cheat. If you think you'll feel happier losing a bit less, but being toned too, go with that. x

Aww. :( Well, you have to do what you want to do. My only advice is that when you make your decision, think about how you'll feel after the nine weeks rather than how you're feeling now. Don't do it because you want an easier ride over the nine weeks, do whatever will make you feel happier in the end. So if you think you'll feel happier losing more weight, stick to Lipotrim and don't cheat. If you think you'll feel happier losing a bit less, but being toned too, go with that. x

Noitulove you are amazing! I think what you are saying is right, think about the end result not my feelings now. I think Im going to take the day to really think about what I am going to do. I lost weight two years ago on dukan and found it quite easy, but losses are slower than lipotrim. If I stick on ketosis on which path I am wanting to take I will be happy and lose..

Just make sure you finish week one and get that big loss before you change anything! :D

Just make sure you finish week one and get that big loss before you change anything! :D

I think I have decided this is not for me :(

I will defo stick through till atleast week one! Will need to be carful the week after not to gain it all back and gradually ease back into things. Will do a few days of just protein and slowly introduce veg etc.

I just had a look at the numbers and if I lose 2 pounds a week until my holiday (18pounds) and Im assuming I will end lipotrim with 10 pound loss (at 7 down now on day 4) thats 28 pounds!

I know I would be happy with that and will enjoy the weightloss more, going to the gym and having a balanced diet.

I am soooo proud of you and everyone else who has stuck to this long term/until their goal, physiologically this is a tough diet but it does work

I have just e-mailed both Lipotrim UK and Lipotrim Ireland to confirm that the flapjacks are definitely allowed on Lipotrim's TFR. So far Lipotrim Ireland has replied. This is my original e-mail and their reply:

Noitulove said:
Dear Lipotrim,

Please could you clear something up for me? I want to double check that I am allowed to have the Coconut and Peanut Butter Flapjacks while I am on Lipotrim's Total Food Replacement? I am using the Lipotrim Pharmacy Programme.

Please could you answer the following questions?

1. Are the flapjacks allowed?

2. If so, how many are allowed per week/per day?

Thank you. :)

Lipotrim Ireland said:
Yes Flapjacks are part of the Total Food Replacement range.

You can replace one female TFR sachet with one flapjack. A female has 3 TFR products per day which can be either shakes or flapjacks.

I can call you if you like.

Best regards

Lipotrim Ireland

chelseerm, really good luck with what you've decided. :) Post your first week loss though so that I can tell you well done!? :)

chelseerm, really good luck with what you've decided. :) Post your first week loss though so that I can tell you well done!? :)

Aw your so kind! I will still be on here, properly in the calorie counting section, but will keep up to date with your major loses and congratulate you! I think seeing how much you loose too will be me motivated knowing I have to work harder for smaller goals :)

Thank you so much for all the support and kind words, your a star!

Lipotrim UK has now also replied, they said:

Lipotrim UK said:
Yes – As it states on the carrier bag instructions, the flapjacks are part of the total food replacement programme. You can replace 1 of the female sachets a day with a flapjack or for men a sachet can be replaced with 2 flapjacks a day.

They e-mailed again to add:

Lipotrim UK said:
We don’t discourage flapjacks. We suggest that 1 sachet a day can be substituted with flapjacks. No one from our office would have discouraged flapjacks. We expect that most people will prefer some of the choices to be the shakes and don’t recommend all flapjacks. We do discourage flapjacks the first week because they are dry and dull and many people don’t like them. It can put them off dieting. After a week or so of liquids, a solid choice is usually welcome.

Last edited:
Those losses are amazing! and have really lifted my sprites. I weighed myself this morning to keep me going and have lost 7 pounds and now on day 4 so hoping to get a similar loss to you in week one. But I really do want to get back to my 1.5 hour gym sessions coming out sweating and feeling good and I know I wont be able to do that on this diet :(

If I stick on lipotrim I think the only was I could do it if I adapt it slightly. Im considering for dinner each night having a small chicken/turkey breast (plain and grilled) It will make me feel normal at the dinner table, be low in calories, keep me in ketosis and keep me sane throughout the day!

I know it will slow my overall weight down but it should surely keep me having bigger losses than if i was on another diet.

But then again it leads me to thinking about missing out on gym :(

you can exercise on this, just listen to your body! last time i was doing 4-5 days a week hard work at the gym plus running (admittedly only up to 5 miles) but its ok to do it, just be careful!

h x

Back