Thinking about joining JUDDD..

I added up my first 6 days total intake (I am tracking on MyFitnessPal) and my daily total averaged 1325 (which should lead to a smallish loss if my metabolism was not so sluggish), but when I looked at the Net calories (the UP day extra fitness) my average daily calories were 960! This should lead to losses very close to a VLCD. :)

US studies have shown that most people will lose as much weight on 880 calories a day as they will on 460 because of the impact a VLCD has on a body's metabolism.

laurenmay said:
I made a mistake, it's giving me 2201 on UD's not 2210, only a slight difference..

Would I be able to do 4 DD's and 3 UD's? Or is it better advised to do it the other way around?

Hi Tricia :) I've been trying to start calorie counting for the past week or so, and I get past day one and then blow it and cheat on day two! So maybe JUDDD is better for me cause after a DD I know I can have a UD and it'd be easier for me to stick to? I'm willing to give it a go, just take it a week at a time and see how I get on. It's basically calorie counting anyway, but with a slight twist :)

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Hello Lauren!

You and I are similar weights, I've also been doing VCLDs with a lot of success at first. Moderate success second time around and crap success the last time. I'm considering the jumping to JUDD.

I think that it's important to really follow something like this to the letter so really up and down your cals!

It does recommend using meal packs try slim and save as they have spag Bol, mac and cheese and you can bulk them out with veg.

MinnieMel said:
I added up my first 6 days total intake (I am tracking on MyFitnessPal) and my daily total averaged 1325 (which should lead to a smallish loss if my metabolism was not so sluggish), but when I looked at the Net calories (the UP day extra fitness) my average daily calories were 960! This should lead to losses very close to a VLCD. :)

US studies have shown that most people will lose as much weight on 880 calories a day as they will on 460 because of the impact a VLCD has on a body's metabolism.

How long have you been following JUDDD for now? I'm really hoping it works for me :) I plan on getting as much exercise in on up days as possible, but probably won't do as much on down days.

How much have you lost so far? I'm excited about this diet :)

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

bettiesrevenge said:
Hello Lauren!

You and I are similar weights, I've also been doing VCLDs with a lot of success at first. Moderate success second time around and crap success the last time. I'm considering the jumping to JUDD.

I think that it's important to really follow something like this to the letter so really up and down your cals!

It does recommend using meal packs try slim and save as they have spag Bol, mac and cheese and you can bulk them out with veg.

Hello! :)

I still have about 50 Cambridge shakes left over from my attempt at that a few weeks back, so I think on my DD's I'll have two of them, some milk for coffee and whatever calories are left I'll use for fruit or something.

I'm really hoping this diet works for me cause I'm excited about it! I've had problems with binge eating for a good few months now, and hoping this diet puts an end to the issue. Knowing I can have 2200 calories on UD's, and that I'll be having UD's four times a week and on the weekend makes me feel like I won't be deprived and I won't feel the need to binge!

I've done loads of VLCD's too, and in the past they worked for me, but since having my son 11 months ago I just don't have the strength to follow a VLCD. Their too restricting for me and I don't last very long on them before blowing it and binging. Wish you all the best with your JUDDD journey! :D x

@LaurenMay (and Hi Nat),

I started last Monday with a Down Day. I was 11 stone 4 on my scales. I will weigh Tuesday morning (after a Down Day) and let you know how it goes. But I do think this keeps me from cheating.

Nat - I've not had any nuts in at least four days!!! Detoxed!!! And I've done some fitness - even if it is just a dog walk every day!!! Water good, too.

I think I have HOPE again. :)

How are you finding it so far? I'm gonna have my first weigh next Saturday morning, cause my last DD of the week will be on the Friday.

Loving it.

Mel! This is indeed, inspiring!

Lauren may. I think all of us have had our issues. I was the same as you post baby I was fine at first, but slowly slowly the exhaustion has got to me and mine is almost 3! Though I've been on a VCLD for at least 18 months on and off. I lost over 4 stone on CD in 2007 and promptly put it all back on when I fell pregnant in 08.

So I absolutely need to change my lifestyle. Fitness for me has to be part of that, and to do fitness I need to eat!

Maybe this will be for me. I'm going to look into it some more!

bettiesrevenge said:
Mel! This is indeed, inspiring!

Lauren may. I think all of us have had our issues. I was the same as you post baby I was fine at first, but slowly slowly the exhaustion has got to me and mine is almost 3! Though I've been on a VCLD for at least 18 months on and off. I lost over 4 stone on CD in 2007 and promptly put it all back on when I fell pregnant in 08.

So I absolutely need to change my lifestyle. Fitness for me has to be part of that, and to do fitness I need to eat!

Maybe this will be for me. I'm going to look into it some more!

That's how I felt too, I needed to change my lifestyle and wanted to get fit too, and the restrictions on diets like VLCD's and CD were too low and I was always too drained to do much exercise!

This diet gives plenty of calories on UD's, so I'll be able to exercise as much as I want on those days! Plus I wanna provide a healthy lifestyle for my son, he's 11 months now and eating more and more grown up food, and I don't want him thinking it's normal to eat masses of chocolate!

Back