Thinking about starting Lipotrim? READ THIS!

Hi
Started LT today feel really good and very posotive.
I totally agree with you about the scare stories.
I have a long way to go but I have decided to face it one day at a time.

I think I will find the additional support here.

Hi Fragglerock (love the name) you will find a lot of support here and a lot of laughs, hope all gos well on your first day, I allways have my shakes with crushed ice and a sweetner and have come to really like them and in fact even enjoy them :)
Just get through the first few days and things get a lot easier.

Hi all,
I started on tues and I am finding it really hard. HELP!!!!!
I want to eat my arm or leg or something!!
I have got soooooooo much to lose too! any ideas how to get throught this 1st week purleeeeeeeeeeze!!

Hi Yasmine. I'm only on day 11, and had 2 really rough days (day 9 and day 10) but feel really great now! Hang on until your first weigh-in and seeing the weight-loss will really motivate. Also, every time you get a hunger pang or craving sip some water. Often the hunger pangs are actually signals from your brain to tell you you need water but we have lost the ability to recognise a thirst-pang and wrongly mistake it for a hunger pang. A plain cup of hot boiled water (in stead of tea) also helps for me as it gives a warm feeling in my tommy. The first days are hard though because you're using up your glycogen stores and your body naturally is in protest telling you that you are starving it of its emergency energy store (which you are). If you can stick it out with absolutely no cheating and drinking plenty of water, you should be going into ketosis really soon which will take away the hunger. Really! So, stick at it and be amazed!
X

Thanks for your message. I really need to do this and I'm sure I will be able to get the support I need from this forum. Well done on your weight loss. I hope I will be close to my mini goal of losing 14lb at my first WI. I have had to stay off work today too as my little girl has chicken pox !!! need to keep busy and occupy my mind so I wont be tempted to cheat. My house will be spotless by the end of the week!!! lol x

Sorry to hear about your little girl and the dreaded pox! Great though that she will have had it and will never get it again! :)

Well, if you are a mummy you know how infinitely amazing you are and how much patience you can have (more than you ever thought you could have pre mummyhood)! Just tap into that increadible reserve of power and apply it to your goal of getting fit, slim and healthy.
Just think of how much more you will be able to do with her like running after footballs without getting out of breath etc.
That one of my main motivators: I want to be an energetic mom, not the one that watches from the side-line as dear hubby does all the active stuff!
Hang on in there!

Hello

I am new to the Lipotrim diet my first day today, I am finding it a little hard.

I have had 2 shakes and a chicken soup (didnt like that so made another shake instead). I have had 4 pints of water and 2 cups of black tea. Does it get any easier?

Any advice will be great.

And how can i get a fairy doll??

Current weight 16stone 12 pounds OMG

Well done Yasmine 10lbs first week wow.... did it get easier??

Hope your little girl is feeling betterxx

I cant stop weeing

lisajnic - welcome to the forum :)

It does get easier but the first week is hard and you have to keep your wits and a helluva lot of willpower about you to get through it. Once you get your first WI you'll feel so fabulous and won't be able to get through another week quick enough so you can get weighed again lol.

What do you mean by fairy doll?

~Gem x

every one seems to doing well. I am feeling bit light headed today so just drinking loads and not gonna move.

I would like anivatar?? if thats how u spell it

xx

Avatar? You need to have 20 posts before you can put up an avatar so get posting :)

hiya need some advice firstly well done to you all on the weight loss..
secondly helpppppppp lol
i have been reading this forum for almost 3 weeks now debating whether to start this diet or not i want to make sure it is right for me as i dont want another let down..(done just about every diet going)
i have around 8 stone to lose and i would say i have a food addiction... meaning i eat for no reason other than habit bordem or comfort i dont feel full ever this has been the down fall on all of my diets
this diet however is different wheres as other diets you east less of what i am addicted too (which is torchure) i would have no feed whats so ever so i see it as coming clean so to speak..
i wondered if anyone else has a simular situation to me and has found this diet the idea solution to a difficuld eating habit any advice would be great

thanking you in advance

This is a fantastic thread - like many more wish I'd found it when I was starting off. Read so much stuff about it and so much negative stuff as well. I was seriously worried about the hair loss - had told myself I would stop if that happened - my crowning glory!!!
I found the dvd from the pharmacist very helpful - and it also helped my husband accept what I was plannign to do - he was quite worried at first that I'd make myself sick.
I've done 7 weeks now and am down 2 stone 8lbs. Had slight blip at end week 2/start week 3 - was on hols for a week and fell by the wayside a few times, think it cost me a week!! But been fine since then, and amazed that as time moves on I don't miss food really, and I've also got to quite like the shakes. Had the soup for a few weeks and got used to it, but then decided I'd had enough of it and just had shakes.
I did get headache for a day and it was bad, but once I had that night over me, I was fine in morning. Definitely felt weak for a few days, but I found that by knowing it, I could deal with it. When I got up suddenly, I'd feel funny, but I jsut stood, took a breath and I was fine. I even went walking a few times that week and felt fine.
The weight-loss is so motivating, I think that's what keeps me going. Last week was a bit difficult, but totm, once I figured out the dates, i was fine. If I hadn't been doing this, I'd have ate all around me - chocolate and the like.
What I do find myself doing is smelling food - the one that's strange is chocolate - it doesn't smell as good as I remember it tasting!
I haven't had any side effects at all, I don't consider the headache and the slight weakness a real side effect. Interesting point earlier here on the depression - I have been very down in myself with a week or so, but I'm so far into this now that I wonder if it's anything to do with it. Work is particularly bad at the moment, but it has been for some time.

For anyone reading this and wondering, I'd say do it - you do need to make a decision that this is it. Once a week or so is gone past, it does become easier and almost a part of life. I didn't tell anyone I was doing it - too many questions and comments. My husband wasn't overly impressed, but can see how much happier I am about myself - at least if I'm depressed about work, it's just work, I'm happy about how I look and I don't mind going out etc. There were days when I dreaded gettign up as I didn't have anything to wear!
I haven't done a refeed yet, but will be doing one in a few weeks as I have some events coming up. I am scared in some ways, but from reading on this site, I know that it can be done and it does work.

DrDrew, only read your post now - had replied after reading first few pages!
Had to reply when I read yours. You sound like I am/was. I have tried everything - and most of them more than once. I was successful to a point with lots of them. I lost weight with CD about 20 years ago, but didn't stick it past about 3 weeks - I think it's changed alot since then. My major success was about 12 years ago with WW - I didn't get to target that time, but I got very close and in fact was probably too low for me to maintain. Put that back on, but during that time, I lost some with Motivation, Herbal Life, WW again and probably more that I can't even think of. Between all of these, I wasn't too bad for a few years, but I was putting on some, losing a bit, putting on more, losing a bit etc etc until I was back at weight joined WW and then got bigger. After some miserable times, managed to get my head around something again and managed to loose alot again with Unislim. I didn't go as low as I'd gone with WW, and again I didn't get to a target. I kept it steady for about 6 months - although I was trying to loose! Then I met my now-husband and abandoned attending classes. By the time we got engaged I was up about 1/2 to 3/4 stone. By the following year, I was up another bit, then went on crash diet and dropped down to where I'd been aroudn the engagement. Bought wedding dress then. Over the next 8 months, I went to various WW classes, would drop about 10 lbs, then give up. By the time the wedding came around I was probably 1/2 - 3/4 stone up again. My dress didn't fit when I had my fitting - it got adjusted and I looked great - and relatively okay weight-wise, from the time I'd met him, I'd probably put on about 1.5 stone - between losing bits here and there. But then I went mad. We were on honeymoon for 16 days - the jeans I wore on the way out wouldn't even go on me to come home!!! I continued to eat like this - I used to go to WW or Unislim every so often and again just give up again. I joined a gym - I went twice! I bought some clothes in NY, one pair of jeans that I needed to loose a few pounds to fit into - they've never been worn. That continued on for over 2 years, until I was seriously big - far bigger than I'd ever been. I was so so depressed, hated myself, hated being like that, wore baggy clothes and big jumpers - and I hate being too hot. Eventually last year, I joined Unislim - again! This time, I found a leader I liked and quickyl dropped a 1.5 stone, then stuck and stuck I stayed for ages, up a lb, down a lb etc etc. But for once I stuck it out. Eventually, something clicked again and I flew along until Christmas, I was 4 lbs off 3 stone just before Christmas, when the leader decided she wasn't coming back after Christmas - very depressed me! I never quite got back into it, put on 3 lbs over Christmas - after copious eating, managed to loose that alright, but then went on holidays for a week in Feb, put up 11 lbs (yes, 11). Managed to finally loose that by about June, when I went on another week's holiday - and again managed to put up 11 lbs - I just couldn't loose that, I'd drop a bit, back up a bit and on and on until at the end of July, I had enough, I was 10 lbs heavier than at Christmas and totally depressed and obsessed - I couldn't dtop eating junk, even when I was feeling motived, if I saw something around me, into mouth - we seemed to have takeaways at least once a week - often pizza - 12 inch each, plus garlic bread. We had garlic bread with dinner a couple nights a week - a whole roll each - with a very big dinner - and I often had seconds. Found myself shovelling in cold chilli in morning before going to work!! Ate chocolate, biscuits and crisps like they were going out of fashion - no problem having 4 or 5 packets of crisps in a row - after dinner (or before!) Your word "addicted" strikes such a chord with me - that's how I described it to my husband. Thing was I hated it - hated how I felt, hated how I couldn't stop eating, hated anyone to see me eating like I was.
The first week was hard on this. I had bit of blip end of week 2, start of week 3. Nothing major, but still not a good idea - definitely slows the whole thing down. But since then I've been fine and I really don't miss food - well smell of garlic bread cooking is hard, as is takeaway pizza, but not so hard that I'm even remotely tempted to indulge! When I'm freezing leftover chilli, I take a big smell!!
If you're like me, this will work for you. Don't focus on the 8 stone, focus on the first one - it'll be gone inside 2 weeks - I lost a stone in 1st week. After a couple of weeks, your clothes will start to hang and smaller ones to fit. Not sure if you've lost weight before and have a wardrobe of smaller clothes - I have and I've noticed that they now fit me at a weight heavier than they used to - I seem to have dropped inches faster than pounds! Also, once you get past a couple of weeks, your body will change fast - I have clothes that are snug on Monday and fitting by Friday!!! Honestly.

I hope you do it. Even set yourself a target of 4 weeks and then decide to reassess. Bet you'll keep going at that stage!

Hey guys.. wow this is a great thread, id never heard of this diet before but it sounds amazing!! you have all done so well, really motivating! im gonna go to the pharmacy in a couple a days and see if i can sign up.. Im a size 16 at the mo but would love to fit back into my size 12's. I dont know my weight cos i get too depressed when i weigh myself so have been going by dress sizes. Does any1 have any ideas on how long it would take to loose the 2 dress sizes?? Im 21 in december and really want to be a size 12 again by then! Thanks for sharing your stories, its nice to know im not alone in all of this.. xox

Hello all,

I am hoping to start Lipotrim this week (going to the pharmacy tomorrow). I would like to lose 2 and a half stones by December and I hope that LT will help me achieve this.

I have tried all sorts of diets in the past including cabbage soup, Atkins and SW. I've found that it was rather easy to 'cheat' and have extra treats which is why I never could stick to these diets. With LT, I think that it might be better for me as I need to stick to the shakes and soup, i.e., I don't have to make my own food and 'cheat'.

I have been reading this forum for a couple of days now and I must say that reading all your posts has given me the extra boost to start LT. I am excited and nervous at the same time about tomorrow. I just hope that I can start LT as I am determined to stick to this new programme this time.

Well done!!

I started Lipotrim today, and thought I'd see if there were any support networks out there. I came across your email and couldn't believe how much weight you've lost!!!! Congratulations!!! It's an inspiration to me, as I need to lose four stone.

Hi everyone,
I know there are lots of people reading this who aren't actualy on Lipotrim or have just started just like I did before I started so I thught this may be helpfull and hopefully encouraging.
When you google "Lipotrim" to try find information I found you are bombarded with horror stories about dizzyness, weakness, weight regain, depression, hair loss etc etc. I was told by people who had done it and stopped that if I started that I would have to take to my bed for weeks and that there was no way I could carry on living my normal life and work as hard as I do.

Dizzyness, weakness- Well in the first 3 days I did feel quite weak so I would advise people who work Mon-Fri to start on a Friday and your excitment will get you through the day the relax all weekend and spend your time on here. By Monday you will almost be in Ketosis.

Weight regain- Possibly the most terrifing thing you can hear. Who wants to lose piles of weight only to put it all back on plus extra. This can of course can and WILL happen if you don't prepare yourself to completely change your eating habits! But this isn't a Lipotrim only fact, if you were to go to Weight Watchers, get to target and go back to binging, take aways, no exercise the exact same thing will happen. I can not cook an egg so I would more often than not order pizza, chinese etc so I have gotten my mam to show me the basics of low cal stir-frys and have seen loads of great, easy, tasty recipies that I can't wait to get stuck into when I reach target. So regain is up to yourself. Think of it this way, if your strong enough to give up food for however long you are strong enough to replace fatty, processes foods for lovely CHEAPER low cal options.

Depression- This was one that I paid no attention to as I am a happy person no matter what but my friends all began commenting that I wasn't myself for a while. I began hating my job (that I absolutly LOVE) and even told my boss this, she put it down to being on LT but I thought she was being silly. Then I posted here saying how low I was and it turns out it is not uncommon for this, more than likely because alot of food contain an addictive "happy" ingredient and also carbs have something in them which disguise emotions a tad. But as soon as I admitted to myself that it was infact the otherwise wonderfull Lipotrim making me feel this way it all went! I was being utterly blind to any negitive facts because I was so happy with the results. Now I know it's common to get a bit down on any VLCD, I'm prepared to kick that feeling in the balls with a smile and remember why I'm doing this!

Hair loss- This one I have heard of many times but haven't experianced it myself at all. The word "loss" is very misleading, it's not actually that your hair falls out, it comes out as normal but SOMETIMES(rarely it seems) it just doesn't replace itself as fast when on any VLCD, so it just thins slightly and begins to grow as thick and fast when you come off it. Personally, having thinner hair for a few months while I drop stones is well worth it anyway but as I say this is rare.

My main concern was work, I work as a trainer in a large company and my job entails keeping a group of 12/13 motivated, entertained and teaching them the job for 3weeks at a time, I'm on my feet mostly all day and I've just taken my first external group since starting LT and I've done the best job I ever have in the last year!!
I have more energy than ever before.

So if you are reading this trying to decide if you want to jump on the LT wagon I say COME ON, there's plenty of room(we're all shrinking:D)
By the summer time imagine yourself in little skirts, dresses, bikinis etc.

you wont ever have to sit in a room thinking "I'm the biggest here" or worry will the seatbelt on an plane fit, you wont have to go into a shop and be embarrassed that nothing in there will actually fit.

I still have a long way to go but I if even one person reads this and decides to bite the bullet and become a fellow trimmer it'll be even more worth it than I ever could have imagined!

Good luck everyone!

Hi Folks
Came accross this site this evening. Started LT on Monday and today (wed) i feel tired and hungry:cry:. All of u guys have done really really well and i want to say congrats :D. I have 4-5 stones to lose and really would like to get into a nice top for the xmas party this year. Can anyone tell me if its true that the more water you drink the more lbs you will lose? Is this correct?:confused: Really glad i've found this site cuz i cud do with the support.

Hi jellybelly, welcome to the LT experience, as to the water - yes to a certain extent but I have never been able to drink more than 2.5 Ltrs a day and I have lost nearly 2 stone in 5 weeks and being 51 and only 3 stone to lose that seems to be quite a good rate, but there are people on the forum who seem to manage nearer 4 ltrs a day :O

Hello all...i am starting this tommorrow, or at least off to the pharmacy first thing in morning, so may manage to start tommorrow or saturday, have decided to follow this plan instead of LL,

am so looking forward to catching up with everyone on here, as this will give me the extra boost when times may be low, i am so really excited about not eating...how mad is that!

Just a little tip'...

I contacted lipotrim.co.uk...they were so good on the phone, explained everything to me, told me all about how your body goes into ketosis, and what exactly this means, why some people get headaches or any side effects/symptoms, that your body needs to stay in ketosis to continue to lose weight effectively..etc, so if anyone is not sure, do contact them they were so helpful!

Back