Thinking about starting SW

appleshape

Evening all, happy Halloween! I've been thinking about starting SW for some time now. I know quite a few people that have had success with the plan and I like the idea of being able to satisfy my appetite whilst still losing weight.
I can't afford to join online & I'm really not a group joining kind of person (I'm not very good with people)
I know that lots of people follow the plan at home, my question is, do I need the starter pack or can I just use the information that I find on this site and in the magazine? I've looked at the packs on ebay & was horrified at the prices of them!
Thanks for reading x

I'd say you probably need a pack. Would it be possible to go to a group just for one night and get the pack, then just do it from home? It is super expensive for the online deal!x

Hey! I'm going to start SW too. I've tried slim fast, no carbs, 5/2, and probably a few others along the way. Tbh I don't wanna fork out for the pack and books etc so I've been researching online and there is quite a lot about. The only downside is remembering where you got it from. X

I do SW online and whilst it is expensive it is sometimes possible to get discount codes. I got £30 off a top level membership looking for deals and coming across one for LV insurance customers. I'm not one btw ;) it really is worth getting the books because although this place is a mine of information having the official line on everything means you are guaranteed to be following the plan 100% and if it were that easy alone then everyone would be doing it and slimming world as a company would cease to exist. Those that do manage totally solo are most likely those that have either attended meetings or have done at home previously and are better able to 'continue' alone rather than start out that way. The packs on eBay represent pretty good value when you consider that they may assist you to stay the course much more successfully. I still dip into my books when I feel a blip coming.

Hey! Welcome! SW is awesome I tried calorie counting before, I was always over and hungry, now I'm always full and I log my diary on MFP and a lot of the time I'm under calories! I only usually go over because of fruit which I can live with. I also do it from home along with a friend, between us we have to pack which I borrowed off my aunt, you might find some on eBay etc but it's worth going to group just once to get the most recent versions. Good luck on your journey!

Morning!

Definitely do SW and definitely go to at least the first meeting to get your starter pack! In fact I would suggest trying to go for at least a month so you can really get to grips with it. Personally I don't think the £4.95 per week is too bad considering all the support you get for it. You have a consultant who's always at the end of the phone if you need her/him, access to the online site, the chance to chat to others in the same situation as you, and of course the 'threat' of WI every week which is often a good incentive to keep you on track!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you all for the replies- you really are a helpful bunch. I work shifts & don't drive so realistically i can only get to maybe 1 or 2 meetings a month so I may as well go it alone. I've got my eye on some packs on ebay. In the meantime I'm gonna trawl the recipe and food diary threads on this site, and my magazines, and come up with a few menu ideas.
I'm actually really looking forward to getting started!
Thanks again for all your help x

I've done SW before, and thought I could do it with my old books, but after being back on Minimins for a while, I realised that I needed to get up to date books. I bought them on Ebay for £24.50 - it's been a good investment.
Good luck with your goals
Tina x

Back