Thinking about stopping posting

I'm restarting today, after my holiday, and it's torture, so I can sympathise with you. But please don't leave, we are all here to help each other. Im pretty certain I will need it. When I left and gave up last year, I ended up gaining 2 stones, now I'm fighting to get it off again. I know the diet is hard, bloody hard! But the results are so worth it in the end.

Ummm I think I'm a bit wrong. At Lisa's comment about cannibal chicken, I was like what animals eat chicken, ahh yeah she'd be a dinosaur instead. Umm I don't think dinosaurs really ate chickens did they?!

Well at the minute i could eat a whole dinosaur :)

Hmmm, didn't birds evole FROM dinosaurs? Therefore they couldn't eat chickens?

Confused.com

Do dinosaurs taste like chicken?

Were chickens around in the jurassic period? LOL

Umm. I feel like I need to say it... what came first, the chicken or the egg?

As chickens are female ... my guess is the egg ;)

Mia, please don't stop posting...this place is fab for support and without it I am sure I would have gone far more wrong than I have gone in the six weeks or so I've been here!

Strikes me though that if the thing that is making you feel like a failure is your self-imposed diary, then stop the diary. If you were trying to get into a particular pair of jeans four sizes too small you wouldn't necessarily put them on every single day just so you could feel sad that they didn't fit, would you? No, you'd put them aside in the knowledge that one day you'd get there. If feeling down about not being able to honestly fill in a diary is making you feel this bad, I'd say don't do the diary. that way you don't feel like a failure because you're not having to lie or cheat on your diary posts.

Keep posting, keep trying, remember you're human, remember your choice to do this and why you're doing it, acknowledge nobody is perfect and you don't have to be either, and stop beating yourself up!

Strikes me though that if the thing that is making you feel like a failure is your self-imposed diary, then stop the diary. If you were trying to get into a particular pair of jeans four sizes too small you wouldn't necessarily put them on every single day just so you could feel sad that they didn't fit, would you? No, you'd put them aside in the knowledge that one day you'd get there. If feeling down about not being able to honestly fill in a diary is making you feel this bad, I'd say don't do the diary. that way you don't feel like a failure because you're not having to lie or cheat on your diary posts.

and stop beating yourself up!

Liz, you are right. I am guilty of both

It's taken me almost 3 weeks to get back into SS-it WILL click for you again-just hang on in there.I agree with the other posters about needing to go on a higher plan though-I think it would help you-have the shakes during the day and then a meal in the evening.I think that would stop you eating other stuff.Why not try it for a week and see?It's got to be better than going mad eating other stuff hasn't it?

So glad you've decided not to go. It's a great place here and I find in moments of weakness logging on and reading, even if not posting, gives me strength. If I do give in to my cravings then reading everyone's elses posts makes me feel less of a failure and gets me back on track - maybe it will continue to inspire you. As you can see, everyone would be very sad to lose you!:)

Yes, it is lovely that people have been so nice, it motivates me.

Polishrose, I might try that. You know I have been around a while and have always said I didn't want food in the equation. But, if it stops me eating the wrong things I think I might try it. I know I've got to lose 18lb in 5 weeks but to be honest, I think I would be happy with a stone, maybe 12lb. All I need to do is have one good first week and I am broken the back of that. I hope you are right, I hope it clicks for me soon x

Mia we are all human and food is part of life dont feel you have commited a crime because you have eaten just if you can make them better choices than fish and chips he he!! if you do eat that stuff though u know just to move on, When i was in the states i had a fear that if i had one burger i wouldnt get off it i had one as a treat as had done nearly 5 months without a cheat next day i got on with it and ended up less when home from america.. Its hard but never feel like you have done something bad remeber long term you will be having food again everyday anyway

I know, I think the problem with me is that I am always against a deadline. First deadline was first holiday, second deadline in my next holiday. If I continue eating like this I will have put all my weight back on before I go but I JUST CANT STOP EATING :(.

If I wasn't going away I think I would just take my time, but I always feel as if I am having a competition with myself and letting myself down every day. It's a vicious circle. Does that make sense?

I know how you are feeling, since my holiday I cant get back on plan, its soo hard. I agree you feel like some kind of fraud when posting here.
It would be a shame for you not to post anymore, look at the replies you have had, these are all people that are you friends and are behind you and supporting you all the way.
People that are having problems are the ones that need more support and this is called a support forum.
Good luck hun with the 18lbs xxx

I cannot say thank you enough. I have received excellent and caring replies from everyone. I have decided to have the weekend off. I am going to go out tomorrow, have a good drink, a good dance and get up ready and raring to go again on Sunday. Maybe I will feel a bit better after a bit of a breather (God, say that after 10 voddy's :D).

Can I also thank the people who sent me reputation comments. Nobody put their names to them so I don't know who you are.

Thanks for all your support :grouphugg:

Oooh vodka! I have my last Tamiflu to take tonight, so I may sneak in a few V&C's on Sunday night before Monday restart. So glad you're feeling more positive hun.

Do you still have my mobile number? Remember you can text me anytime you need to. Enjoy your night off (and your 10 or so vodkas) and hope the hangover isn't too bad tomorrow!

Hi hon, I know how you feel as similar - got just over 20lbs to go and seem to have got a bit stuck. I am thinking of stocking up on some Atkins type foods, meat, fish, eggs, bit of green salad, veg, mayo etc and if I want to eat having this and trying to get back into ketosis before reducing the foods and increasing the packs! You will find what works for you in the end and just think about how amazing you'll feel when you get to goal! xx

Last edited:
I was reading my horoscope today and it say "a new or restart diet plan will work and you will succeed" so that gave me a bit of hope lol. It's funny, I was in Tesco today and my mam said, do you want some chicken :) and I said no, I don't fancy it !!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, becasue I am not on the diet today I don't want the chicken but when I am on the diet I crave it. It's a fact - we only want what we cannot have x

Back