Thinking goin back to ww

MrsMoose

Hav bn doing calorie counting for a month with no change in weight loss! This week has esp knocked me down as I uped my excersise and swapped beer for a spirit and was generally good! I really expected 2lbs at the most 1lb and the very least and iv lost nothing! I don't no wer I'm goin wrong but it's pissing me right off!
Sorry for the rant!

Ok weighed in my under wear and put scales in different room incase it was off balance( desperation) and I'm down 1.5lb! Should I record it?

Record it but weigh in your pants in the same place next time. Check the batteries in your scales too!!

As a general rule you shows try and weigh early morning (after a wee lol but before breakfast) and in your pants. If you weigh in clothes it can add pounds and obviously you wear different clothes each day which all weigh different etc etc so you get varying weights. And put your scales in the same place each week.

Also remember that all alcohol can make you retain water. So don't drink the day before WI haha!! Hit the water instead and flush away any retained nasties.

Good luck for next week!!!

I always weigh in the morning in my pjs everytime, same pair of pjs always on friday morning :)

Give it a bit more of a go? Maybe you need longer to get into the swing of things?

Things to consider:
- scales on a hard surface and make sure you've got enough juice in the batteries!
- same time every week (not day, like me!) when you get up and after your wee and nekkid if possible.
- drink lots of water the day before WI, and don't have booze.
- take your measurements now. Compare them monthly. Sometimes you can get on the scales, see no or little loss but you're coming down in terms of inches...which is ultimately what really matters. Who cares what the number on the scale is if your inches are disappearing?! ;)
- Make sure you aren't under-eating. This calorie counting malarkey is quite a tricky business. It's more like a mathematical equasion! It's not as simple as cals in vs cals out (which I used to think!). Many other things have an effect too. So it might just be that you haven't found your optimum losing zone yet. I certainly haven't! But I'm still going :)

Don't give up too soon. :hugs:

Last edited:
Thanks guys! It's just so disheartening wen ya try so hard! I've calculated 1300 calories to eat a day! I'm 5'1 28 and weigh 178! I try to always eat my 1300 an to have at least 250calories from excersise that I tend not to use! That seem ok?

MrsMoose said:
Thanks guys! It's just so disheartening wen ya try so hard! I've calculated 1300 calories to eat a day! I'm 5'1 28 and weigh 178! I try to always eat my 1300 an to have at least 250calories from excersise that I tend not to use! That seem ok?

Oh how uncanny, i'm 5'1 and weigh 174, so we are very similar....although i wish i was 28!! Lol...

Keep going. The advice on here is invaluable. I would of give up ages ago if it wasn't for these guys on here.
As they tomorrows another day!!!

I'm 5ft 3 and 177 lb. I too wish i were 28, however i am 21 with 15 yrs experience!! I had a better weight loss when eating 1400 than 1200.

mcv said:
I'm 5ft 3 and 177 lb. I too wish i were 28, however i am 21 with 15 yrs experience!! I had a better weight loss when eating 1400 than 1200.

I agree with a consistant higher amount of calories. For in the long term we are more likely to stick with the diet (god i hate that word)....as psychologically we can eat more, therefore sticking with it as we are mentally happier, which brings a wanting to exercise!. The less we eat, the more down we feel....

Really? Maybe il up it to 1400 until weight stops decreasing then move it to 1300? Or will I leave it at 1300 and eat my excersise calories?

Il be the big 30 next year and hav say it really gettin to me eek

Hey you = ) I would say get yourself checked on other scales, such as boots or something, could just be your scales that are wrong! I really dont believe that one month of hard working of eating sensible and excercising results in nothing at all ! Its nothing wrong with what you have done, i think its the scales! so get checked on other scales and it might give you a more better idea of how much you have lost so far x let us know how u get on :) x

Thanks guys:) I'm goin try eat more!( can't believe I'm saying that) I do hav the pouty unity to go for a quick walk now but I'm bloody exhausted! And iv Zumba at 7! Need a kick up d ars! Just had a blah week!!

Back