Thinking of a change

Hello all!
I'm new to SW but had to comment on what I'd seen in this thread. I did CD last year & lost 3 stone very quickly. Initially with all of my determination to succeed I found it easy & the huge losses deninitely spur you on. There were no nasty side effect for me thank goodness but I don't imagine everyone is the same, as with anything.
My problem as that once I came off it for a holiday I just couldn't find that same pig headedness that had got me through in the first place.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling! The point I wanted to make is that not only have I not regained the weight, I've lost over 2 stone more since, just by having the right attitude! Its like any diet, if you see it as a temporary thing which you then stop & go back to your old ways its not going to keep the weight off.
I admire anyone who can stick with it for an extended period of time but for me its time to start SW!

FC

Hi FC, welcome to SW you will enjoy it. You are right about it not being a quick fix. Different diets suit different people. Well done on your loss so far, not far to go now! Good luck with SW and keep us updated with your progress x

Thanks hun!
I'm ready for something new as I've been the same weight for about 8 weeks now. I lost a few stone on SW a long time back so I know it works & now that my head works properly too it should be a winner!

Well done everyone on your losses & I hope to get to know you better soon!

FCx

Hi FC, Welcome to SW.

HI :) I was going to post a reply to this post the other day but thought better of it, did not want to appear opinionated:eek: I just want to say that as most of you know I have done CD and lost 4.5 stone. VLCD is not a long term diet god forbid that would be hell LOL But for me I needed the instant weight loss initially to spur me on and I could not have achieved it without something along the lines of VLCD. A pound or 2 here and there on a diet was not enough I would never have stuck to it. I personally would have lost motivation and failed AGAIN. Anyone who has lost a large amount of weight and have the mindset to keep it off they will. I WILL NEVER BE 15 STONE AGAIN AND IN A SIZE 20-22, throw away the past 4 months of hard slog would be so so stupid. I am now 10.5 stone and in a size 10-12. VLCD work and for some people like me it is the only way to motivate them enough to get slim and stay slim. I have to say it is lovely to hear from Fingerscrossed that not only has she maintained but continued to loose. I just pray I can too I am almost off CD now just one cd bar a day and starting to follow SW which is a wonderful plan but as I still want to loose 7lb I am being very strict still managing a 1lb a week loss.
Good luck whichever path you choose and although hard VLCD do work and thankfully are not a long term diet and not intended to be. Remember every one of your vits protien ect are contained in the diet, ketosis is mild and not a long term thing. You dont even have to do total food abstinance you can do higher plans that incorporate a little food if you prefer weight loss is still very impressive. I do think that it is up to the individual to maintain there VLCD losses and yes if I returned to my pre CD diet which was completly unhealthy and full of sugar and fat I would weigh 15 stone again in no time :cry: So it isnt fast weight loss that makes you put it all back on it is not learning and adapting your eating habits for life that make people put it back on. Which is why I plan to stick with SW for a long long time I will adapt the diet to incorporate more syns once I have got to goal and work out what I need to be eating each day to maintain and if I have a blow out and gain a few pounds it will be easy to get them off as I will be following SW plan as a daily habit and will just drop the syns until I loose the few pounds gained, thats my plan anyway xxxxxxxx GOOD LUCK whatever you decide
Sorry I have ranted :eek::eek:

Thanks for your reply. Im gonna stick with SW as I know it a wee bit slower but the weight loss is still good. xxx

Back