Thinking of coming back over here

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hi All,

I am in my 2nd week of atkins, but really feel that it is not working for me at the moment.
I feel that it is a bit too restrictive and i cant face the thought of any of the food on it, and feeling a bit glum at the thought of carrying on.
So am thinking about coming back to WW again, I am such a serial dieter and giver upperer, but I really want to stick to something properly.
So what I am going to do, is carry on atkins today, have a day off tomorrow as its bank hol, and then start WW on tues, I just hope that I dont pile on weight following being on atkins.
x

Hun,

I did atkins as well but came to a standstill and I too hated the food on it after a while. I wanted to be sick just at the thought of an egg! You won't gain weight as long as you are careful. At the most you may gain 2 pounds but you may be lucky. I am like you and have decided no more fad diets! WW is the only diet for me from now on.

I too tried Atkins but the fatty foods gave me chronic heartburn and for me it wasnt something I could keep up for life.

I think ww is the way to go cos it is just portion control something we need to do forever to lose and maintain. If you do put on weight after doing atkins try not to worry it will not be fat gain and you will soon lose it.

Good luck

Atkins never worked for me either, I ended up binging because I couldn't bear the thought of the food I was allowed!

ww is so much better (for me at least) because nothing is out of bounds as long as its pointed! Its something you can maintain for life!

I haven't tried atkins, being a veggie, I think I would struggle! But just want to say that you are being hard on yourself, you are not a giver upper, you are clearly determined, and you WILL do it!

Back