Thinking of coming back to sw from the cambridge diet?

Slimfor2013

Hi every1. I am currently on the cambridge diet only been on it 1 week today but I just had what I thought was a massive binge. A whole tin of beans, 2eggs, 2rashers of bacon fat removed and 2 slices of toast. I was feeling bad eating it but then I realised the whole bloody thing would have been free if i was on sw and added my sf and hexb to it.
Really am thinking about coming back over to sw?
But I need a load of support!
Feel free to comment :) xxx

Not wishing to slate Cambridge but I much prefer an eating plan that has real food in it

I feel that Cambridge has its place but its not for me

You'll get loads of support on here with SW and I've no doubt you will also get it on the Cambridge bit too if thats what you decide. We all have the same goal ultimately

For me it S W all the way! You said yourself it would have been free on S W! So you know and understand the S W plan. Real food, no hunger and sustainable for life. I have been at target for a long time now and just dont think about it anymore, its a way of life not a diet. Sorry, its just I feel quite passionately about S W , others may think otherwise! Good luck in whatever you decide to do you will get loads of support on here! :) :)

Hi

I have only been on slimming world a little while but having done the cambridge diet a few years back i much prefer slimming world. I can lose the same amount on SW as i did on the cambridge diet and actually eat :)
I had to have surgery to have my gallbladder removed (had gallstones) which the doctors think was related to the cambridge diet, I do not regret doing the cambridge diet even after that as it was the right thing for me at the time.
The only thing is SW is a life change and teaches you to make the right food choices whereas the cambridge diet is more a quick fix and then when you come off it you have to make food choices again which can be difficult, i regained my weight back slowly over 2years as i started making the wrong food choices :cry:

I wish you luck with which ever diet you decide is best for you :D

Hi there I agree with snowdrop. Have done both Cambridge and SW but ended up poorly after Cambridge and think it really messed with my metabolism. More importantly my muscle mass severely reduced and it wasn't great to begin with! However I know people who have done brilliantly on Cambridge and love it. I just need to eat and as you said your meal was SW friendly- all you'd have to do is make sure the toast was the right amount and whole meal and as you said ADD more in the form of super free ie mushrooms and toms. I am a SW convert and have stuck to this way of eating longer than anything else I've tried and believe me, I think I've tried everything. Even on weight watchers I managed to lose 2 stone but I was mainly eating chocolate and crisps and missing out the proper food then just ended up eating rubbish when I got to target do immediately put it all back on. SW teaches you to eat healthy food that fits a healthy lifestyle and I have found all the recipes really tasty. Minimins is fantastic for ideas and everyone is happy to help whenever you need it. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Back