Thinking of defecting from LT to Cambridge - comments please?

When i was in the pharmacy last week the chemist left her clipboard with the costings of LT. Now it costs them £24 for a weeks male supply yet they charge me £48, it really annoyed me in truth. And i have to travel nearly 40 miles for it too!

um... all shops do that - they buy stuff in cheaper than they sell it - it's how they make money - or have i missed a point somewhere? :confused:

Yes love im aware of how business works, i just think that its scandalous to charge that amount of mark up on one product. Us fatties are easy targets as we are desperate to lose weight and will pay anything.

i have worked in retail with my own business, and typical mark up is about 20-30%, so 50% is a bit scandelous!

although I am sure CDC's make at least 30% too, maybe more. it is a price that the market will bear, at least its better than LL at almost £80 per week!

I am struggling with not eating at the moment, and also condisering either maintainance, or CD with one meal a day (810 or something i think) so I can still lose weight.

feel really low lately, I really miss fruit, fish salad and veg. :(

Both Lt and CD 'guarantee' a stone a month -they are essentially the same diet -I've heard the shakes even come from the same manufacturer -but there's more choice on CD. Your loss should not be affected. Also the Counsellor element can be really helpful to some. I find LT works best for me because too much choice, too much flavour -is just likely to remind me of what I'm 'missing'. -The tetras are GORGE btw and very handy but still LT for me. Plus -there are cd counsellors here on minimins that give out advice and are brilliantly supportive whether you do Lt ot Cd so I find I have tyhe best of both worlds. :D

As has been said, it comes down to the individual and personal choice. Good luck whichever you decide to go with. oxo

i have worked in retail with my own business, and typical mark up is about 20-30%, so 50% is a bit scandelous!

although I am sure CDC's make at least 30% too, maybe more. it is a price that the market will bear, at least its better than LL at almost £80 per week!

I am struggling with not eating at the moment, and also condisering either maintainance, or CD with one meal a day (810 or something i think) so I can still lose weight.

feel really low lately, I really miss fruit, fish salad and veg. :(

Thats what I find so strange yet so brilliant about LT -you find yourself craving HEALTHY foods! If only before gaining our weight we were so aware of what the body actually wants! Its so hard isn't it? Especially when you want good food -you convinve yourself that you'll be ok now. I hope you get thru it -or at least reach a decision that truly works for you. Maybe a week of maintenance to get it out of your system then see hw you feel again?

Yes love im aware of how business works, i just think that its scandalous to charge that amount of mark up on one product. Us fatties are easy targets as we are desperate to lose weight and will pay anything.

Absolutely! Weght loss products are ridiculously expensive because they know they'll be bought -whether they work or not! We need to try it anyway! A 50% profit is outrageous! Here my Oh pays £50 for male Lt!!

I have spoken to a CD Counsellor in Lincoln and the price for 4 meals a day is £50 per week. So for me its £2 more a week, for less miles and more choice. But i know im in my comfort zone with LT, i've never lost so much weight before on any other diet, so in my head im scared to leave (sounds strange i know, but i am a bloke :) If i look at it logically i should try CD, for logistical reasons alone(i travel 40miles to get LT). Im not sure? Also i want to get down to a BMI of 23 and i hear CD stop at 25? Any advice if you were in my position?

Honestly, Jack, I'd stick with what I was already doing. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. But that's because I'm always scared my success is some kind of 'fluke' and that's not healthy. For me, the shakes being less-than-glorious and the choice limited is actually a positive thing because it's helping me with the 'look in it as medicine' thing and reducing the amount of time I'm thinking about food.

Honestly, Jack, I'd stick with what I was already doing. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. But that's because I'm always scared my success is some kind of 'fluke' and that's not healthy. For me, the shakes being less-than-glorious and the choice limited is actually a positive thing because it's helping me with the 'look in it as medicine' thing and reducing the amount of time I'm thinking about food.

For me it was different Rachel, LT didn't stop me thinking about food, I busted twice and was dreading the disgusting shakes so much I would put off having them. I'm going to give it a month of CD and if I don't achieve a stone or so I'll go back to LT. I like being supported by someone who has lost the weight and maintained it, rather than by the pharmacist who was just taking my money. In the end I wanted something I wouldn't dread eating, and have some support too.

I can completely see that side of it too! I expect you'll do really well. I am lucky in that I like the vanilla and choc and can happily stomach the strawberry.

I don't mind the shakes but its much more than that. The chemist is almost incidental in that they just weigh me, I'm aware it is a business - but so is the CD but for me its the only way that I have lost any weight.

I must admit I am finding the idea of moral support very attractive as my family are all bean-poles and have no understanding of weight issues and the regular chemist is terribly professional which is probably why I found his collegue's attitude so difficult.

At the end of the day the cost is very similar and the general concensus is that they taste better so i've booked in for an appointmetn on Thurs so watch this space !

Thats what I find so strange yet so brilliant about LT -you find yourself craving HEALTHY foods! If only before gaining our weight we were so aware of what the body actually wants! Its so hard isn't it? Especially when you want good food -you convinve yourself that you'll be ok now. I hope you get thru it -or at least reach a decision that truly works for you. Maybe a week of maintenance to get it out of your system then see hw you feel again?

thanks sweetie. looking into doing just that after getting to bmi of 25, see how i go.

xx

well not long now msblonde -not long at all! I'm certain you have it in you to wait til then. :D GOOD LUCK!!

Good luck with the CDC on Thursday. I chose to do LT coz that is the diet my GP recommended to me and, tbh, I didn't realise CD was the same sort of diet till I read about it on here. LT is convenient for me coz the pharmacy is a 10min walk from my house and I go there after dropping my youngest at school on route. I think the CD choccie bars would be very bad for me coz I am a chocoholic and would be very tempted to have more than one!!!! I'm lucky in that I love all 3 shake flavours and the peanut flapjack so do have a bit of variety.

x

The point i was trying to make is that its actually a 100% mark up! Which isnt cricket!

I think the 100% is the only motivator for some pharmacists, mine is a complete wally, it's one of those pharmacies that sell every bit of snake oil under the sun, and the woman who was weighing me had about as much discretion as a boa constrictor.

I love your analogy for a boa constrictor! (love) :)

Back