Thinking of IF...

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by lottiebird, 7 February 2013 Social URL.

1. lottiebird

lottiebird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi everyone! I've been on SW for a little over a year, and I've really been flagging lately. I am thinking of some sort of fasting, it will actually be a relief to not think about planning and cooking.

I haven't bought any books, but I'm going to find out as much as I can online. I'm going to keep weighing at my SW group, and eat mostly SW based meals on feeding days.

I am thinking of fasting 2 or 3 non consecutive days a week, with 500 calories. Ideally 2 days only, is that enough? On the other days, is 2000 kcals about right? I have only just started to consider IF, so any pearls of wisdom or online resources appreciated :)

Last edited: 8 February 2013
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AnnieAnnie

AnnieAnnie Gold Member

I know there are people in here who do all sorts of fasting variations. Yesterday was my first day & it was great. Such freedom from food to so other stuff. It was ace. I'd recommend the 5:2 the fast diet book it's currently £3 in Tesco so worth a read.

4. lottiebird

lottiebird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Thanks Annie! I will get a copy. How was your first day? What did you eat?

I was doing some maths - I think 2000 kcal sounds quite a lot! Over the whole week, if I eat 500 on two days and 2000 on 5 days, it only gives me a calorie deficit of around 2500 kcals, which would be less than a pound a week, so I'm thinking of a slightly stricter 1800-1900 kcals initially, until I can see it working.

It will be such a culture-shock, I'm sure it will take me a while to switch off the slimming world voice in my head.

5. AnnieAnnie

AnnieAnnie Gold Member

I know some people say you need to eat the 2000 cals to provide the up to down swing to lose the weight. I wouldn't worry about the deficit to be honest.

The book talks bout leaving as long a gap between food as possible and not grazing. I didn't have breakfast, had a slim and save bar and spag bol for lunch and lentil and veg soup at night. It was ok, I felt good and didn't have breakfast til 9 today.

6. lottiebird

lottiebird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Ah thanks again! I'll discuss this plan with my husband tonight and see if I can get his views! He's very logical :) I'm planning my first down day as Monday.

I feel quite excited about it to be honest, I can see it fitting well with my lifestyle.

7. Sofartogo!

Sofartogo! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Lottiebird (and AnnieAnnie)

I started the 5:2 diet last Monday an lost 4.8lbs the first week. Very happy with it. 1 day, twice a week is fine because you know that the next day it will be different. Very refreshing not to have to be on a diet as such for the rest of the week!! Hoping to lose another 2 this week so fingers crossed!

There was a supplement t in one of the Saturday papers about it maybe the express, but I recommend the fast diet book too. X

8. daisybell18

daisybell18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Your post could have been written about me! I have been on SW for just over a year and have lost three and a half stone. However I've stalled and when I look back have only lost 8 lbs in the last 3 months. A bit of complacency and a tendency to eat those few little extras that soon add up. Handful of raisins, the odd choccy bar etc. Like you I just feel I need to kick start the weight loss again so that I can lose my last 20 lbs by September.
    Have done IF for past two weeks and not found it too difficult. In between I am also sticking to SW plan as I think it is a healthy way of eating. Would be great to compare notes.

9. lottiebird

lottiebird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi, thanks for posting :) how are the scales going these 2 weeks? Really curious how mine will go!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.