Thinking of joining SW

iwillbeslim84

I have been a member of ww for a while and i can't seem to keep on track as i am sick of counting points. I have had a look at doing sw but i can't get my head round green and red days and healthy extras. I do a lot of cooking fom scratch so that doesn't bother me.
How long did it take for you to get your head round it around it as i'm worried i won't and i will give up.

S x

Have you looked at WW Core, its no pointing and its quite straight forward and encourages you to cook all your own meals :)

It sounds complicated to someone who has never done it before, i remember at my first ever class i was thinking that i would never get my head round it but when i read the book and started doing it it was the easiest diet i have ever done. I used to do scottish slimmers (similar to ww) and i got fed up sitting with my notepad and pen counting and adding things up and weighing everything. You just choose 2 healthy extra a choices, 2 b choices , and unlimited free food. then you have syns (normally 10) where you can have chocolate or wine or whatever. It is also great as you can fill your plate up and actually feel satisfied, on previous calorie controlled diets i felt as though i was never satisfied. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

it is easy once you do get your head around the red and green days honest and it is the only eating plan i have ever done and i would recommend it to everyone.if you love cooking from scratch you ll find it easy..you ll get plenty of help and advice on this forum

i never thought i would get my head round it but i did rather quickly and cannot believe how quick the weight is coming off i really dont feel like its a diet at all

Hi don't worry bout it too much just get your basic grasp and work from there, this is the way i did it just think

Red

all the meat i can eat and veg but no potatoes, eggs are free too.

Green

pasta, rice potatoes quorn as a substitute for your meat eggs still free

it's easy peasy once you start cooking making your own sauces and things, if you wanna make curry or bolognese just throw in some low fat fromage frais if you want it creamy , most herbs are free. Don't worry bout healthy extras too much a couple of light alpen bars and milk in your tea does the trick to start with. stick at it the end result is worth it. XXXX good luck and remember it's all in the book.

hi guys,
can someone please give me advice on slimming world.
what are the average losses each week ?
how easy is it for example to prepare meals to take to work?
do you need lots and lots of will power to stay on track ?

i have been doing cambridge for 6 weeks, and really struggling. im cheating all the time as i have no energy. A bloody milkshake is just not enough to get me through a 14 hour shift ! or to keep me going with 3 kids.

hi guys,

i have been doing cambridge for 6 weeks, and really struggling. im cheating all the time as i have no energy. A bloody milkshake is just not enough to get me through a 14 hour shift ! or to keep me going with 3 kids.

In my first week i lost 3lbs (in class), but i had lost 5lb the week before when doing it myself before i joined class. Every week since i have lost 2lbs. It is a great plan to follow, you can eat till you are full up and don't have to miss out on anything.

hi guys,

Hi im in the same boat as you 6 wks on CD and changing to SW, my sister has got to goal on SW she said once you get over the 1st week its easy you just need a week or so to get your head around it . Also easy for work and fits into everyday living. she lost on average 1 to 1 1/2 pound a week but she didnt have much to lose. good luck if you do decide to switch.

i don't think you need alot of will power at all, when you starve yourself with Cambridge your knackered,i'm bigger because i like to feel full with slimming world you can your just full with the right stuff as opposed to kebabs and chips lol and plus slimming world is something you can use to maintain your weight as well which is something i think everyone struggles with, i loose beteween 1 tio 2 pounds a week but i'm a fourteen and i think it's a bit harder to loose when your not far off your target i know women that loose like 4 and 5 a week.

thanks for your replies. There is a class runs weds eves near me , which is great as that is my only regular day off. Wont be going tonight as im taking kids to bonfire, but im going to go next week.
wish me luck !

Back