Thinking of joining , what are losses like ?

Hi i am currently on The cambridge diet ( totla food replacement ) and have lost 5 stone 10 lb .. I have about another 2 stone to loose and was thinking of starting SW .. I need to eat again now and learn how to eat to keep the weight off and resolve my food issues . What are average losses if you stick to it ? How long would it take me to loose 2 stone ??
Thanks for any advise :)
Katie

Hi Katie,

Well done on your loss so far, that's amazing! I always find it incredible how anyone can stick to a food replacement diet, so flipping well done on your determination and effort.

SW is a fabulous way of educating yourself about food, and a very healthy way to do so, both physically and mentally. It focuses on filling your body with low fat, low calorie, filling foods first of all, with measured amounts of higher fat/cal but healthy foods, and still allows you the flexibility to eat more 'naughty' foods on occasion.

Weight losses vary wildly from person to person. Coming off Cambridge, sometimes people experience a little gain at first, but this is soon shifted once you get going with the plan.

SW suggest a steady 1-2lbs a week as a sensible rate of loss and I'd say on average, this is what most people achieve. Some people are faster losers and some (me included) find progress a little slower. It's taken me a year to lose 2 stone, but other people can lose 2 stone in 2 months! It's worth noting that as you get lighter and closer to goal, losses do tend to slow down.

There are some excellent posts with oodles of information in the sticky posts at the top of the boards. Have a look at 'information for newbies' thread and do some forum searching, as your question has been asked and answered many times before, with some really good answers.

if you are coming off cambridge i really would recommend working your way up the plans before switching to sw. simply because the sudden influx of carbs will make you feel bloody awful, and you could get a stonker of a gain for your first couple of weeks.

hat off to you. you've done so so well and i think sw will be easier to maintain long-term.

abz xx

Hello :)

How much of a hurry are you in to lose those last two stones? Are you struggling to stick to Cambridge or are you still finding it quite easy?

As Abz says, if you come straight off Cambridge and go on to SW, you'll almost certainly gain weight, maybe up to half a stone or more. That'll be replaced water as you restock your glycogen stores.

Some of us who've swapped from Cambridge to a more conventional diet (not that you can really call SW conventional, LOL) have found that the pounds are reluctant to budge for at least the first few weeks. As I'm in no particular hurry, I'm conducting a bit of an experiment on myself right now.

Because I didn't come straight from Cambridge to SW, I didn't get the rebound in water weight, but even so, I think my body still hasn't forgiven me for doing a VLCD. I lost 5 pounds the first week, gained a pound the second week and I've stayed the same for the last 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

In short, weight loss is likely to be a lot slower. IMHO, I don't think it's possible to compare yourself with slimmers here who haven't just come from a VLCD cos their metabolisms are likely to respond a lot better to the SW way. It's tempting to think, ooh, if I lost 1.5 pounds a week like the other folks here on SW, I could lose x amount of weight by June - but to be honest, I think that might not be so easily achieved.

SW is a fantastic plan to use to re-educate your eating habits, no doubt about that. But my advice, for what it's worth, would be to lose at least another stone of what you want to lose using Cambridge if you think you might struggle to cope with painfully slow weight loss, at least for the first few weeks. The last thing you want to do now, having done so fantastically well, :clap: is to risk losing the plot and put the weight back on again.

If on the other hand, you've reached the point where you keep falling off the Cambridge wagon and are pig sick of the whole milkshake / porridge / soup / bar choices, and you're okay with slowing things right down (and even going into reverse for a week or two) then yes, come on over and give SW a whirl. :D

ive lost 19 pound in 6weeks, im very happy

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm well jealous.

How long were you on a VLCD for?

Back