Thinking of leaving my group and doing it from home

I wanna b a loser!

I have always been a slow loser,it's taken me just over a year to lose 1 stone and a half. 3 weeks ago I started the couch to 5k challenge on the treadmill, 3 times a week and since then despite being on plan my weight loss has stalled :(. People are telling me different things,some are saying its the exercise cos your muscles retain alot of water to help them recover after exercise and to just keep going with it as my body will adjust. Then others are saying it can't be exercise as it will only speed up my losses :sigh:
I'm paying my £5 every week to get on the scales to be dissapointed so I'm thinking of taking a couple of weeks holiday and continue at home and see if that bit of time gives my body time to adjust and resume the losses. What do you think???

When you first start exercising your loss slows down as your body retains water. You need to keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water, black tea or green tea. This happend to me the first week I started exercising and doing EE at the same time. Someone on the forum told me that I was not eating enough superfree and not drinking enough. Once I started drinking plenty after exercise I started losing.

I drink loooooads of water, infact sometimes I wonder if there is anything medically wrong with me I drink so much of it lol I'm on the loo every half an hour!! I don't think I could fit anymore in, I'd drown! x

yup I'm with Emsie, for the first 3 weeks it was half pounds on and off then last week, week 4 lost 1.5lb, so I would keep going,
make sure you're eating enough to make up for the extra calories you're burning, you must make sure your body has enough fuel, make sure you're eating enough free foods in proportion to your superfree and watch how much fruit you're eating

have you spoken to your consultant about it? done a food diary to see what she says?

Its taken me a year to lose 2 stones and have pretty much STS since September, only 6lb to target so on the final push.

I also found drinking a couple of cups of green tea has helped as well

Week 5 for me this week, yikes! good luck, just remember keep calm and carry on xx

I'm on week 4,doing day 3 tomorrow and on Tuesdays weigh in I finally had a loss I lost 2lb :D soooooooo glad I stuck with it! I didn't know there was a couch to 5k thread,will go over there now xxxx

I'm on week 4,doing day 3 tomorrow and on Tuesdays weigh in I finally had a loss I lost 2lb :D soooooooo glad I stuck with it! I didn't know there was a couch to 5k thread,will go over there now xxxx

Thats fantastic!!! Glad you finally got the loss you deserved :)

Back