Thinking of lowering my target...

kevandju5

Maintaining
Okay, I need some advice please girls and boys. I got to my target of 9 stone about a month ago and have maintained that weight which I've been really happy with.

Only now I'm starting to think that instead of being size 10/12, I'd really like to be a size 10 - probably for the first time in my adult life!

Am I taking it too far, or is this a sensible decision? I'm guessing I would need to lose around 4 or 5 lbs to be a size 10...

What do you think? Any advice would be very welcome. xx

I think its completely up to you honey you could try to see if you could lose that 5 lbs and see if its easy to maintiain

Hey girlie.

I know what your saying, and i think aslong as you would be happy like that, and feel that you could maintain it, then go for it.. as long as it doesnt mean you'd be un-healthy about it in anyway. Give ur self time to lose the 4-5lbs so that if u decide ur happy as u are u can just continue maintaining instead of shifting the weight fast and then realising u felt better before? if that makes sence? xxxxx

I agree with the others, it is completely up to you but why not give it a go and see how you get on? You have done really well so far ~ just take it slowly and when you get there see if it is easy to maintain. My target was originally 7stone 10lbs but I upped it to 8stone to give me some scope, if I get to target and feel I would (and can) lose more I will, I think we just know what weight will feel right for us when we get there. xx

i have to ask if you lose the 5lbs will you still be in the heathy weight bracket?

As long as it keeps you in the safe weight zone and you don't start to look too boney if you know what I mean, give it ago and see if you can maintain it without making yourself misserable.

Thats what i meant by aslong as she was still healthy.. and some-times being in a 'healthy range' doesnt always mean you look healthy.

My mum is 5'1 and 7 stone, but shes classed as healthy by the doctors, but she looks ill...

again, just do whatever you feel happiest doing, and feel comfortable in your own skin.. you didnt work hard to shift all thsi weight to still be unhappy! X

I think it would make Julia have a bmi of around 20, my friend is the same height and the same target as Julia is aiming for. Sometimes I do wonder about the bmi rating though as my lowest healthiest weight is 6stone 12lbs ~ when I was ill I was this weight and I was skeletal.

I think it would make Julia have a bmi of around 20, my friend is the same height and the same target as Julia is aiming for. Sometimes I do wonder about the bmi rating though as my lowest healthiest weight is 6stone 12lbs ~ when I was ill I was this weight and I was skeletal.

my doctor told me id have to be 8 stone 10ish to be concidered a healthy weight..

im already a size 10-12 and 10 stone 3, id look sick if i dropped to 8 stone 10!!

somtimes it isnt anything to go by.. like i said my mums classed as 'healthy' but is clearly not

my doctor told me id have to be 8 stone 10ish to be concidered a healthy weight..

im already a size 10-12 and 10 stone 3, id look sick if i dropped to 8 stone 10!!

somtimes it isnt anything to go by.. like i said my mums classed as 'healthy' but is clearly not

I know Fern, guess we just find a weight that we feel and look good at, here's hoping I get there soon lol xx

Well you're 5' 5" so the lowest healthy weight you could be would be 8st 7lb. I've always said it's how you feel in your own skin. Sounds like its more about wanting to fit into a certain dress size rather than acctually loosing weight for health reasons. You could try doing some light strengh workouts to tone everything up, that could help you loose inches without loosing weight :)

Good point Natt! (can't rep you)

Hello all,

Thanks so much for all your advice. To be honest I really am quite happy at my current weight and being size 10/12. I guess I just still have a bit of a Mummy Tummy that I'd like to shift, and I think it must be nice to be a proper size 10.

I'm not even sure that I could lose another 4 or 5 lbs. Like Fern said I could just aim to do it really slowly and see what happens.

Thanks Squiddie for telling me abut the healthy weight info. Yes, I'm already a healthy weight. This is more about my size. I already do lots of exercise, so that has helped me to tone up.

Thanks Weemo for the BMI info. Obviously it's vital to still be a healthy weight. I have no doubt that being size 10 would be healthy. I would never want to go skinny! It's more a question of can I lose any more weight and can I maintain it??? And I agree, we probably know the right weight for us when we get there.

I think I shall aim to lose just 2 more lbs, see if I can do it, then aim to maintain for a bit and see how I feel. I don't really want to put pressure on myself to try and achieve something unattainable!

Thanks again for all your advice. xx

Back