Thinking of moving on...

brochmor

food is not my friend!
Since I came back on the diet I have been quite down, and I think I have worked out why... I am quite happy with the way I look at the moment, I do want to get to goal but I'm not so desperate to lose weight anymore and I think if I make myself a list of 'allowed' healthy food and 'banned' unhealthy foods so that I still have a rules structure to stick to that I can still lose weight and get to my goal, it will take a bit longer, but I have had my kick start that I needed off lipotrim, think I'm going to re-feed and stick to that for a few weeks see how it goes!! And if im not losing weight I will come back onto the shakes, but I have the confidence to go to the gym now, as well as knowing I need much smaller portions, what does everyone think?? xxx

Hiya chick, I have just noticed we're same height n more or less at same weight at present! (i started at 222 lbs last year)
You have done so well to come this far n you do what's best for you chick. If you are not impatient about quick weight loss then healthy eating n gym is defo the way forward! This way you will be able to continue to lose at a steady pace.
I wish you all the good luck in the world and enjoy re-feed! ( am jealous ;-) )
Xx

Hi Brochmor,

i think most of us start this diet because either we know we need to find new habits around food or because we've tried everyting else and nothing has worked. Or in my case both! No one chooses this because its the easy option.

So before making the final decision about moving on, do you think you've learned the new habits you'll need to make sure the next thing you try will work?

Because you've already had a break you should have a good idea of the answer. If its yes, go for it! If its no stay a little longer.

But if you do decide to move on, you know we're always here if you need us :grouphugg:

Yes I think I have! The downward spiral before was that I was too ashamed to go to the gym/swimming, then I would get depressed, eat and the circle continues, but now I have broken that circle, I love the gym again, I dont turn to food anymore because I have had to find other ways to treat myself and make myself feel better, I think if I stick to a calorie controlled diet (600/700 cals a day I'm thinking) and hit the gym 3/4 times a week I should still make 2 or 3 lbs loss a week hopefully!

My mind is made up, I am off to make myself a salad!! =D I will still be on here though posting my progress and such like!! thankyou for the support and advice =D xxx

Well done chick, that's good when u can start enjoying swimming n gym, n I bet ya, u lose fantastic with it!
Good luck hunni n enjoy ur salad!
Xx

I did the same hun.... LT gave me an amzing start!!! Its alays there to go to babe if the eating doesn't work out!!! You know what your ready for!!! x

Yes I think I have! The downward spiral before was that I was too ashamed to go to the gym/swimming, then I would get depressed, eat and the circle continues, but now I have broken that circle, I love the gym again, I dont turn to food anymore because I have had to find other ways to treat myself and make myself feel better, I think if I stick to a calorie controlled diet (600/700 cals a day I'm thinking) and hit the gym 3/4 times a week I should still make 2 or 3 lbs loss a week hopefully!

My mind is made up, I am off to make myself a salad!! =D I will still be on here though posting my progress and such like!! thankyou for the support and advice =D xxx

You have done well so far and yes the first few weeks the weight will continue to come off fairly easily but don't be fooled into thinking that the weight loss will keep on coming after that..there is usually point where it just comes into a grinding halt.
That being said however, there is a lot to living and eating healthily, so do your best and good luck!

If my weight loss stops I will know that I either need to up my exercise or down my calories! The only reason it stops is because of a sort of plateau, where your in and out calories are balanced perfectly so by doing one, or both of these things hopefully I can counteract that =D xxx

Back