Thinking of starting Atkins...

ChubbyMonkey

Hi all,

I'm currently doing lipotrim and have lost 22lb in 16 days which is fantastic but I'm missing eating!

So I've decided I might give the Atkins diet a try within the next couple of weeks but I've had a lot of bad press from family! Is it really as bad as they are making out? How are you all finding it?

I've ordered a couple of books (new Atkins diet revolution & Atkins cook book).

I do like the idea of eating meat but struggling how you work out the net carbs!

Any info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I know a lot of people seem to think that Atkins is bad but none of us on here seem to have dropped dead yet and we are losing weight and getting healthy. I tend to point out to people that being overweight is far more damaging than missing a slice of bread.
For carb counting just check the nutrition panel on packets/tins etc. You can also use myfitnesspal.com to work it out for you.
Good luck and welcome aboard.

Hi and welcome, have you read the "so you are thinking of starting Atkins" stickie? remeber in the UK fibre is already deducted from the carb count, basically stick to 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day and unprocessed meats :)

Hi

Thank you for the advice, yes I did read that yesterday Jim (thanks for that).

Just wanted to hear if anyone had any problems on this diet. I've also printed off all the information off the Atkins website about each phase and allowed foods.

Thanks again.

OK and welcome then :)

Hi Monkey

Welcome, you will love this way of eating. Things I've discovered are that I can't eat steak for my evening meal or I'm up half the night - no idea why.

Apart from that, I'm loving it - I can eat fab food, cheese (although it does tend to stall me), oil, mayo, wine, mmmmm :)

Thanks for the info guys, just had my final weigh in on lipotrim and lost 22lb in total in just less than 3 weeks.

Start refeeding tomorrow, having second thoughts about coming off lipotrim because of the good loses!

Back