Thinking Of Starting Cd Any Advice,tips Etc Very Welcome

Hi I'm thinking of taking the big step of joining my local CD class this coming week.I'm terrified!!Don't know how I'll feel without any food.I do want to do this 100% but I'm abit worried about the hunger,shakes,headaches and triedness I've been reading about.I would be soooooooooooo grateful for any info you can give me,what to expect and how to cope etc etc.I want to be prepared!!
Thanks Guys xx

I felt exactly like you....worried I wouldn't be able to cope without my food etc. I'm now in week 4 and I love it:D 1st week was a little difficult, I have to cook for 4 kids and a hungry hubby:sigh: but I've done it!!! I cook then retreat to the conservatory where I sit and read threads on minimins until they've eaten it all!

You'll be fine...in fact you'll be better than that, you'll be GREAT!!!

Good luck, I look forward to reading about your first weeks weight loss:D :D

Tracey
x

Hi ya Sun-shine

CD is the best and worst diet I have ever been on, 5 weeks in and 35 lb lost (pretty amazing!!!)

I dont really like the taste of the shakes hate the soup and not keen on the bars (so I have struggled a bit he he!!!)

First few day pretty hard as you are hungry, but after that its a breeze, only when I did AAM did i get very very hungry shaky and faint. Apart from that I have loads of energy and feel very very good. As my weight lose will take up till early December I am just going for it.

Still socialize as if you dont you can feel very isolated, thats hard if you like the odd gin and tonic but you need to mix with people otherwise you will struggle

Please go onto the CD as you will do really really well ~ the weight losses are amazing, visit this site very regular and you will see how friendly and honest everybody is. I wish I had started this diet years ago

Go on ~ start your journey to slimland !!!!!!!!!

I'm on day 3 and now in ketosis and don't feel hungry at all. Still fancy my fav things but its not all consuming.

I have to cook for my kids and partner and yesterday was the worst, so i took a bath and came down fighting lol.

I like the shakes but LOVE the soups. Like everyone else said its a great diet and i come on here when i feel i can't do it.

If you have decided to start next week try and cut down on the carbs now and up your water intake. This will help you in the 1st week and you wont suffer( or not as much ) some of the symptons that have been worrying you.

Once you get into the diet you wont feel the hunger. Im now on week 9 and sometimes forget to have a shake. (I then have to catch up to make sure Ive had all 3)

Good Luck you wont regret it and within week you will notice a difference.

This is the best diet in the world, as previously said I wish id started years ago!!!!! Give it a try, its easier than it sounds honestly!!!! Sarahxx.

I HAVE A PLAN!!!

Thanks Blitz I'm taking your advice!!gonna cut out the big carbs,bread rice pasta and potatos,from my diet from today in the count down to thursdays meeting.Another thing I might find hard is the lack of skimmed milk for my tea.Black tea doesnt appeal at all!!So thought get the carbs out the way then tuesday start replacing every other cup of tea with a hot a water.What do you thing guys?!?Will this help prepare me for with the first week?!?Can anyone tell me if herbal teas are ok?Don't know how I'm gonna manage without proper tea though. Still I'm so looking forward to the CD diet.I'm so sick of the rubbish stuff I'm eating and eating full stop,I soooooooooooo need to break this unhealthy relationship too food.Read an excellent thread yesterday that said something along the lines of "if food isnt the problem,dont eat to fix it."Foods not the answer sort of thing.How true is that!!I know I'm gonna be using this site and you nice people so much for support and advice.Its fab that this is here,we're all so lucky!!Have a lovely sunday everyone xx

Good luck for starting CD.

I agree with everything posted. This really is a fantastic diet and you will see results quickly.

My only piece of advice would be once you start don't be tempted to stray from the diet. I did spectacularly and it has been very very difficult to get back on track.

thanks for that.I understand wht your saying about sticking to it 100%.I'm gonna do my very best.I've been a dieter for soooooooooooo long I want and am more than really to go for it.I've got my parnter prepared for this new approach,CD,cause I know I'll need his support.I'm hoping because the weight loss appears to be quick fast the results will keep me strong!!Fingers crossed.

Hi Sun-Shine

I was a tea pot too, but to be honest I havent missed it at all:confused: I dont know why. I tried it black and hated it, and am quite happy with a huge black coffee instead.

Cutting down on the carbs before you start is a great idea, you'll probably lose a little before you start cd that way. I have got to be honest, I stuffed anything and everything before I started:eek:

You seem to have your mind set and that's what will make this diet work for you:D

By the way I love the name.

Take care
Tracey
x

From what I can remember leaf herbal teas are ok ie peppermint but not fruit teas. The diet can effect your taste buds as well.....Ive drunk black tea for 20 years or so and I thought great wont be a problem for me, but somehow dont like the taste anymore. Also with trying to get all the water in I dont want to drink as much tea anyway, otherwise would always be in the bathroom!! So instead its warm water for me.

Good luck with next week, and remember that 1st week is the hardest after that it does get easier.

Hi Sunshine!! Welcome!!!

Glad you are getting started!!

herbal teas are fine, but leaf only - peppermint, nettle that sort of thing. You'll get all the details in a yellow book! don't worry!

With the tea, anything that does't have caffine in it will count towards your water - I'd try and get about 4 litres down you in a day.

Keep us posted on how you get on!!!
xx

I'm having a very deep and thoughtful morning.I've just left a reply for other member because I wanted to support and encourage her. I realised that though helping her I was helping myself.The things I was sharing with her I needed to share with myself.This is an excellent site,so pleased I found it.
Well I've not been a great success with taking the carbs out of my diet.Started well then it all went to the wind as soon as my partner when out.I got out my book and ate 3 bags of crisps!! I started berating myself straight after telling myself,you'll never make it on the CD if you cant even take cabs out your diet!!!Oh well I thought I'll still do it anyway.I've got a rotten cold but I'll still go to the meeting thursday,so I can get started.I'm not even enjoying food anymore,even the naughty stuff.It's so not doing it for me.I'm in a place where I need something to happen.I'm sick of hiding away and having no life because my self confidence and self esteem are none existant.I don't want to go out because of the way I look.Part of me says you can and should go out, do what you want inspite of that,and thats what I'd tell anyone else to do.If I really want to go anywhere I do grin and bear it but its no fun and I'm not relaxed enough to enjoy it.But I've been living this way for so long I dont feel like I want to put the effort in any more,staying in would be so much easier.Which sounds crazy I know,but I'm hoping when I start lossing weight and gaining confidence and feel good about myself I'll feel energized enough to get up and go!!Thats the plan.So I'm just waiting till thursday when hopefully it will begin the process of making my changes.Do you think I'm putting to much faith in the diet,if I can stick to it,of being a cure all!?!Hope not,but it's bound to make a positive difference if I can drop some weight!! Am i has crazy as I feel right now or are there others out there that relate to what I'm saying??I'd value your ideas if there are.
Can't wait to put a little weight loss checker thingy on my profile on friday morning!!

I'm having a very deep and thoughtful morning.I've just left a reply for other member because I wanted to support and encourage her. I realised that though helping her I was helping myself.The things I was sharing with her I needed to share with myself.This is an excellent site,so pleased I found it.

It's a brilliant site and will keep you motivated. Everytime I feel like straying from the cd path, and also when everyone is eating in my house, I log in and read all the great posts, and look in the gallery...it's great:D

Well I've not been a great success with taking the carbs out of my diet.Started well then it all went to the wind as soon as my partner when out.I got out my book and ate 3 bags of crisps!! I started berating myself straight after telling myself,you'll never make it on the CD if you cant even take cabs out your diet!!!Oh well I thought I'll still do it anyway.

I did the same thing (and always have!!!) as soon as I tell myself, right i'm going to diet now, I get the strong urge to fill my face with rubbish!! I did that up to the day I started cd, but I can honestly say, I haven't eaten anything, not even licked my fingers! Maybe it's the thought of blowing the money spent on the diet, I don't know, but I do know that there has been numerous times when I could have eaten quite easily, but I haven't. I think because the weight loss is quick on this diet, there is more incentive to keep going.

I've got a rotten cold but I'll still go to the meeting thursday,so I can get started.I'm not even enjoying food anymore,even the naughty stuff.It's so not doing it for me.I'm in a place where I need something to happen.I'm sick of hiding away and having no life because my self confidence and self esteem are none existant.I don't want to go out because of the way I look.Part of me says you can and should go out, do what you want inspite of that,and thats what I'd tell anyone else to do.If I really want to go anywhere I do grin and bear it but its no fun and I'm not relaxed enough to enjoy it.But I've been living this way for so long I dont feel like I want to put the effort in any more,staying in would be so much easier.Which sounds crazy I know,but I'm hoping when I start lossing weight and gaining confidence and feel good about myself I'll feel energized enough to get up and go!!

In no time you'll be worrying what new clothes to buy to go out!!!:D

Thats the plan.So I'm just waiting till thursday when hopefully it will begin the process of making my changes.Do you think I'm putting to much faith in the diet,if I can stick to it,of being a cure all!

No I think your right to put faith in this diet and more importantly yourself...you can do it!

?!Hope not,but it's bound to make a positive difference if I can drop some weight!! Am i has crazy as I feel right now or are there others out there that relate to what I'm saying??I'd value your ideas if there are.
Can't wait to put a little weight loss checker thingy on my profile on friday morning!!

I can't wait to see your progress, you'll do really well. I had the same concerns as you, but the diet although hard for the first few days, is so worth it, and after a while it does become the norm. I owe my success so far to this website, it's great, everyone is going through the same thing, and so can relate and give support to each other.

Take care
Tracey
x

Thank you soooooooooo much for the lovely reply and taking the time to do it. :hug99: sending you one of those.Its good to know there are people out there when you need them.I'm really feeling alot more positive about it all.My sister is thinking of joining me on thursday to start CD so we can encourage each other.Must give her this website.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back