Advice on starting CD

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

I had a false start a couple of years ago on CD when I was overseas. To be honest the plan and support is not the same as it is here in the UK. My experience wasn't good and gave up after 11 days as still felt awful.

Anyway, I have been thinking about giving it another go now that I am back in the UK and settled into life here now. I know there isn't a good time to start but trying to work around some things that are already in place and can't cancel. Most would say start after Christmas but I thought it would be good to do CD for a few weeks to see how it goes and lose a bit before the holidays too.

Did some of you start and allowed for a planned event in it? I just don't want to be knocked out of ketosis and work too hard to get back in again.

I have two food planned and paid for events from now up to 17th November and was thinking of starting on the 18th November. Having said that I have a presentation to do on 21st November and a long weekend away in London 13th December.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I had a false start a couple of years ago on CD when I was overseas. To be honest the plan and support is not the same as it is here in the UK. My experience wasn't good and gave up after 11 days as still felt awful.

Anyway, I have been thinking about giving it another go now that I am back in the UK and settled into life here now. I know there isn't a good time to start but trying to work around some things that are already in place and can't cancel. Most would say start after Christmas but I thought it would be good to do CD for a few weeks to see how it goes and lose a bit before the holidays too.

Did some of you start and allowed for a planned event in it? I just don't want to be knocked out of ketosis and work too hard to get back in again.

I have two food planned and paid for events from now up to 17th November and was thinking of starting on the 18th November. Having said that I have a presentation to do on 21st November and a long weekend away in London 13th December.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi Sammy

Some might say wait. But if you're in the right frame of mind to do this, then I'd recommend you get started now. :) And to make it as easy on yourself as possible I'd suggest doing 810. That way you'll have an opportunity to have a low carb meal every day so that when you have those "food events" there's nothing too special about them - you just choose the most sensible thing on the menu. You could always do SS after Christmas, but you might find you're losing lots doing 810 anyway.

Ketosis isn't the really the big deal everyone makes it out to be. Getting into and out of it can be as hard as you want to make it. For me personally, it seems to depend more on my state of mind than anything else. When I'm in the frame of mind to just get on with it, I find getting into the diet "zone" easy. When you expect it to be hard, it usually is. :)

Give it a go!

Hi Lily,

Thanks for your reply it has been really helpful. Going to bite the bullet and see my consultant this week.

Thanks again.

Sammy

Back