Thinking of starting Exante??

arrmickk

Hi

This is just a post for those thinking of starting or switching to Exante. I did Lipotrim a few years ago and after having a baby put most of the weight back on (my own silly fault). So this time I started back on LT but after scouting the minimins forum found exante. I found I had to fish a bit for opinions on what Exante is like compared to LT so I just thought I'd write and let people know so far what I think when comparing the two....

It's as simple as this....Exante in my opinion is miles better and cheaper to boot! I know that LT is meant to be bland and boring to de-program your taste buds, but for me it's just not sustainable long-term. The taste and consistency in shakes just doesn't compare.

Shakes - All taste like they should and I was so excited about trying the banana one as it's my fave! They all have the consistency and taste of a runny angel delight (flavour not as strong)...very palatable in comparison to LT.

Soups - If anyone has tasted the LT chicken soup, then they'll know it's an acquired taste to say the least :eek:. Exante soups are really nice and esentially I just feel like I'm drinking a cuppa soup but thicker and creamier. I was frightened to try the thai chicken soup due to my LT experience but was over the moon to discover it was lovely! :D

Bars - I didn't know what to expect of these at first but they are just like a cereal bar really. I really like them and it helps to chew something a bit.

All in all I think for me it helps to feel a bit more normal and to have a little bit of choice.

So there you go. I am definitely an Exante convert and I would personally recommend it over LT any day.

The end.... hahahaha

Marie x :)

Hear hear! I agree so far with my one day limited experience, but the bannana milkshake, choc chip and orange bar, and tomato soup lovely so far. Not too sweet, just right. Fingers crossed.

Best decision youll make ;)

I've changed over from LT and it's by far the best tasting :)
To all the Lipotrimmers, get over here :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Citric Acid is a no no on a VLCD though it can kick you out of ketosis

Consumer-available Citric Acid only does that because of the way they use it (i.e flavourings and stabilisers) besides the links with Citric Acid and Ketosis and purely anecdotal, there is no firm research out there to suggest this is true. Most people who have a problem with citric acid is down to an intolerance that is only shown when your on a VLCD - when else would you notice?

Tricarboxylic acid - is Citric Acids true form (Chemical Base). If they use this without the "added extras" it wouldn't knock you out! :)

Last edited:
When you look at ingredients its only used for flavourings and stabilisers though, so is going to have the added extras. Even in the Orange and chocolate bars :rolleyes::confused:

confusing huh?

i hear from a few people that the taste between LL and Exante are different .. dont mind the shakes havent had the soups but im put of the bar now with what starlight said in previous posts : (
must check what your reply was from exante actually lol

Really, does that work?

Sorry...not logged on for a few days. This is the story LT give....the reason why they don't want you adding stuff to the soup and things other than the sweetner and green leaf teas, is because they don't want you tasting lots of different flavours. Just quoting from them really. Anyway...to answer your question...no it doesn't lol!

lol I can see it working for a few meals after you finish, having tastes you havent had for a while, but I guess you get used to it all again, just like you get used to the meal replacement products.

Sorry...not logged on for a few days. This is the story LT give....the reason why they don't want you adding stuff to the soup and things other than the sweetner and green leaf teas, is because they don't want you tasting lots of different flavours. Just quoting from them really. Anyway...to answer your question...no it doesn't lol!

LT seem to be the only VLCD company who still think this way. All the others have changed over the years to allow flavourings etc.

Ive seen it suggested on many more than one occasion that as LT rules have never changed maybe they should reassess things the way the others have and 'move with the times' a bit.

The adding things debate causes SO many arguments on the LT forum

My friend is on LL and she says they taste awful. I told her about Exante and she's gonna try it when she runs out of LL packs.

She was surprised at the price too haha LL is £66pw... Ouch :/

Back