thinking of starting exante

bb12

hi all im thinking of starting exante next week.id like to lose 4 stone before i get married in sep, and other diets are not working well evan though im eating very healthy and working out everyday

ive been looking up vlcd online and while there are positive stories there are alot of horror stories about hair falling out,ending up in hospital and putting all the weight back on as soon as you start to eat normal food

advice and tips would be very welcome by people that are already doing this.i plan to see my gp monday/tuesday and if i get the go ahead ill order everything

Hello and welcome! :)

I have been doing Exante since August last year.

I feel absolutely fine.

No side effects.

The first few days are hard, then it just becomes routine.

No need to see your GP unless you have health problems.

Follow the rules, drink plenty, and it will work!

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

thanks Darcy other than anxiety im healthy (i think) just going for peace of mind really.ive been doing sliiming world for nearly 8 weeks and have lost 10lb which isnt enough.and sitting with my children and partner just eating salad and rice and veg everynight while they tuck into yummy food to only lose half a lb feels like a slap in the face

im 99% sure ill be doing this just wanted to get some advice

Don't listen to the horror stories, people very rarely come on line to say how amazing something has been in a review, but if they've had an awful experience its different, they are desperate to have their say.

Of course its possible that you could regain your weight and more but only if you don't follow the plan properly. I do think there are people that do this and then blame the VLCD when in fact its them at fault and they r prob the ones online slating the VLCD's. Someone has recently done this to me, but I know better so I just ignore it.

You can suffer hair loss but its different with everyone.

Good luck in your decision and hope to see u around soon xx

Hi bb12 , I was on CD before and lost 3 stone , but stupidly I stopped amd went back to my old unhealthy eating pattern after. Having put back on the 3 stone in 18 months Im now doing Exante and loving it. Only 11 days in but the meals are much nicer than CD and they are cheaper , especially as you can get them discounted buying 4 week supplies. Im sticking it out this time losing the weight and sticking to a healthy diet after I have shifted this weight and sticking to a monthly treat instead of weekend treats that start on a friday night and finish monday morning. LOL
Ive suffered no side effects only bad breath and got a mouth spray.
First 3 days are the hardest and then it gets easy, plus you have us all on here helping and supporting you.
Good Luck and hope you do choose Exante.

People always say about how you always put the weight back on after a VCLD, but how many people do you know that have done weightwatchers or slimming world and put it back to too? I know loads (me included!) but no one mentioned that!

In any diet if you go back to old habits, the pounds will creep back on. People just like to have a reason to complain about VLCD. I say go for it, but when it comes to maintaining take it very gradually. Very slowly re-introduce food over a period of weeks rather than finishing the diet and jumping straight into heathly eating. This should give your body time to re-adjust to having more calories.

Good luck, hope you join us :)

jojo thats one thing that cracked me up when someone said to me just remember doing a VLCD is only temporary weightloss and in the same sentence describe all the naughty things they could eat on their diet...my immediate thought was if your eating like that during a diet ur hardly gona maintain afterwards either lol!xx

I am new to exante but did Lighterlife for 3 months and lost 3 stone.
After coming off that I didnt regain a lb, then I moved onto cambridge lost 10bs and kept it off until christmas where I didnt make any attempts to be healthy having several takeaways a week and so on, gained about 8lbs in a few months (which isnt a lot to say how much I was eating!)
Now Im ready to go again! The worst thing I find about these diets is staying focused at times.
You might have the occasional naughty nibble, but its what happens next whether you stick with it or assume its blown.
Even with having nibbles and breaks from VLCDs I still have lost weigh successfully and will continue to do so, and I have no worries about maintaining my weight, believe me, after eating 500 calories a day, it will feel so strange eating a normal 2000 calories, it feels like absolutely loads to me now! and since I made carbs my mortal enemy, I can barely eat bread, I probably have half the amount I would previously.

My hair did fall out a little, this was after I came off the diet, the same happened to my friend, but mine has settled down now, and I cant even tell any came out, its still growing nicely too (and I bleach it!)

I know of someone who did Lighterlife and was in hospital BUT she had lots of bad health problems in the first place as many others probably have too. I was concerned about gallstones but the case was, if you had a problem since the diet, you would have had it before anyway and the weight loss just woke up your body, it was going to happen eventually. cases of that happening I think are much more rare, there was someone who died from drinking too much water, but she literally drank 4L in a very short space of time, which is very hard to do!

sorry such a long message! but with all the ups and downs (mostly ups!) I definitely reccommend VLCDs its the only way I have lost decent amounts of weight ever before and you would easily get to your target by sept, you could do it by June and have a slim summer too!

Not sure but I think it was more than 4L they drank, it happened around the time I was doing LL back in 2007 and it frightened me into stopping, but from what I remember the advise was very different back then they advised you drank much more than the 2L we are advised to drink now. I can't remember 100% but sure they were advising 3-5L a day minimum and not making people aware of the dangers of drinking to much to quickly, but for some reason I have in my mind it 5-7L...whatever it was I know it was much more than the 2L exante recommend as that was the first thing that shocked me when I started.

Dont let that scare you tho like it did me all them years back becoz as long as u are sensible nothing awful like that will happen!xx

It was a huge amount drank and its hard to do as my counsellor told us she downed a litre of water in one go and threw it back up as it was too quick.
I think they were advising more than 4L, we were told officially 2L but go for about 3L but she emphasised this must be spread over the day. I find it hard to drink too much anyway, hardly get enough!

I remember my counselor telling me to drink more as I had constant dry mouth and I'm sure I was drinking 4 or 5L a day already.....not good!xx

I'm new to Exante but I did lipotrim about four/five years ago with fantastic results. I stopped before reaching my goal weight which I shouldn't have done but I still easily maintained the loss within 5 lbs for a couple of years until getting hit with health and hormone issues. Even this far on I have never regained all the weight I lost.

I did experience some hair loss but not a significant amount and my hair was in better condition than it had ever been, still is now :)

My only advice is if you do go for it, read everything, follow it to the letter and never mess with the program.

Good luck, whatever you decide :)

Last edited:
bb12 said:
hi all im thinking of starting exante next week.id like to lose 4 stone before i get married in sep, and other diets are not working well evan though im eating very healthy and working out everyday

ive been looking up vlcd online and while there are positive stories there are alot of horror stories about hair falling out,ending up in hospital and putting all the weight back on as soon as you start to eat normal food

advice and tips would be very welcome by people that are already doing this.i plan to see my gp monday/tuesday and if i get the go ahead ill order everything

No horror stories from me! Just a great healthy energetic feeling, with delight in clothes and great self esteem. No hair problems, no physical problems, just no aching back, headaches, or creaky knees. Blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar all normal throughout. I also work very full time, have a family and I was and still am just fine.

As for rapid weight gain- have a look at my maintaining thread, it's not easy but it's now four months post TS and Christmas and I still weigh the same. Good luck, you have nothing to lose but increasing risk of disease.

GSQ

I say go for it!

Discovering Exante is the best thing that ever happened to me, for the first time in years I'm starting to like the way I look (and I still have 3 stone to go). I appreciate it will be difficult to keep the weight off once we reach goal weight but I think that can be said for all diets, if you go back to your old eating habits you WILL put the weight back on. The only difference is that it comes off much, much quicker with a VLCD which I find very motivational.

I haven't experienced any negative side effects whatsoever, apart from a yucky tasting mouth but that's easily remedied.

thankyou for all the great advice everybody :)

will be putting in a order tomorrow,now all i need to decide is what shakes,soups ect

i hate water and never drink it so there is no way that ill be able to drink enough to do myself any harm.will be ordering a flavour for the water to make it bit more tasty

ill be starting a diary on the first day as think i will need a fair amount of support for first few days,my youngest child is only 16 months old so i still help him feed himself

look foward to doing this with you all

and well done on maintaining gsq will check out your thread

thankyou for all the great advice everybody :)

will be putting in a order tomorrow,now all i need to decide is what shakes,soups ect

i hate water and never drink it so there is no way that ill be able to drink enough to do myself any harm.will be ordering a flavour for the water to make it bit more tasty

ill be starting a diary on the first day as think i will need a fair amount of support for first few days,my youngest child is only 16 months old so i still help him feed himself

look foward to doing this with you all

and well done on maintaining gsq will check out your thread

Doing a diary is a great help!! My youngest is 14th months old and it is hard, she's got the chicken pox at them moment and I just had a little cry coz she wouldnt eat her dinner lol...but thats just normal, shes so fussy its very stressful at times!!

Let me know how u find the water flavourings, I'm starting to get fed up of plain water.xx

I found the soups quite unpleasant, the shakes are lovely with the exception of the strawberry which is just OK.

I split my shakes in 1/2 so have four (1/2 shakes) a day plus a bar. I still add 200ml of water to each half shake and whizz with a hand blender so this may be a way to get the extra water in you, for each pack you split you will be having an extra 200ml of water as the guideline is 200-250ml per whole sachet. Black tea or coffee also counts towards your water intake. I also find splitting the packs means I'm not going too long without 'eating'.

The Exante bars are OK but Tesco do a meal replacement bar which is very similar nutritionally but are really tasty - many on here use them instead of the Exante bars with great success, you're only allowed one bar a day though.

Doing a diary is a great help!! My youngest is 14th months old and it is hard, she's got the chicken pox at them moment and I just had a little cry coz she wouldnt eat her dinner lol...but thats just normal, shes so fussy its very stressful at times!!

Let me know how u find the water flavourings, I'm starting to get fed up of plain water.xx

aww hope she is feeling better soon..i think being with him at mealtimes will be really hard might have to stick a sock in my mouth to stop me picking..will let you know about the water

I found the soups quite unpleasant, the shakes are lovely with the exception of the strawberry which is just OK.

I split my shakes in 1/2 so have four (1/2 shakes) a day plus a bar. I still add 200ml of water to each half shake and whizz with a hand blender so this may be a way to get the extra water in you, for each pack you split you will be having an extra 200ml of water as the guideline is 200-250ml per whole sachet. Black tea or coffee also counts towards your water intake. I also find splitting the packs means I'm not going too long without 'eating'.

The Exante bars are OK but Tesco do a meal replacement bar which is very similar nutritionally but are really tasty - many on here use them instead of the Exante bars with great success, you're only allowed one bar a day though.

i might just go for the shakes and bars if the soup is a bit yuck..ive heard about the tesco bars and plan going there tomorrow they are cheaper aswell...thats a good idea about splitting the shakes,cant drink tea or coffee black so will just stick to water with the odd glass of coke zero

I've been drinking sparkling water, I find it a lot nicer than regular water :) I think the soups are ok, but not as nice as the shakes, I often add a little chilli powder to the soups just to make them a bit less bland. As soon as the weather gets warmer I'll probably just have shakes.

The Tesco bars are seriously yummy, I have to be very careful as they trigger cravings for me, I had one tonight and now I want more :(

I am REALLY missing a good cup of tea so I think next week I may end up having one with a splash of skimmed milk and see how I get on. It's the only thing I'm really missing so far, I'm not even missing my glass of red wine of an evening, which has been a real shocker to me, I thought that would be the hardest thing to give up :D

Back