Thinking of starting the Cambridge Diet...

Chika

Silver Member
Hi everyone.

Ok, I'm in the middle of yet another unsucessful stint at weightwatchers and I can't be bothered with it any more.

I think that I would like the Cambridge diet from what I have read on here but I'm a wee bit apprehensive.

I've got an appointment with a CDC tomorrow. Does anyone know what she will say, what should I expect?

Also on the diet can you only eat the soups and shakes? What about diet soft drinks? Also costs! I'm on a student budget, how much should I expact to pay per week?

Thanks!

Hello, I think the RRP is around £33 per week for soups & shakes....prob cheaper than doing a lot of other diets since there is so much you cant have!!

Your CDC should run through the different plans with you, explain about ketosis & weigh you....hopefully an actual CDC will come along wit more info for you!!

Its the bestest diet around...now if only I could get my motivation back I'd be laughing!

Hello, I think the RRP is around £33 per week for soups & shakes....prob cheaper than doing a lot of other diets since there is so much you cant have!!

Your CDC should run through the different plans with you, explain about ketosis & weigh you....hopefully an actual CDC will come along wit more info for you!!

Its the bestest diet around...now if only I could get my motivation back I'd be laughing!

If anyone can get their motivation back it's you Kazz!!!!

xxx

do it do it do it!!!!

i have looked at c diet foe ages, in fact last summer and i soooo wish i had done it!

i am on day 5, sneakily jumped on scales today and i have lost 8 llbs!!!!

that would have taken me weeks on ww!!!!

i am enjoying not cooking,not washing up!

the shakes are nice!

pls do it, best thing i have done in ages!

i pay £34... something
say £35!

x

DEF DO IT!!!!!!

First of all......WOW.....well done very determined!! I am also on day 5 and I lost 7lbs at my weigh in today!!!!

If that's not motivation enough for you then I don't know what is!!!

Basically, the diet consists of shakes and / or soups. I tend to have a shake for brekkie, a soup for lunch and some boillon and a shake for tea. It costs me £33 per week, but works out cheaper than my normal shopping bill and I can go along and see my CDC every week for weigh in / advice etc.

The first few days are tough......but make use of this forum and look at people's before and after photos for inspitation and that will keep you going.

I have found that being on CD, my skin is like velvet and my hair is now really soft because I am getting 100% of my RDA of vitamins and minerals and also you have to drink loads of water!!

You have nothing to lose but weight, so give it a go.....we are here to support you!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you for all your messages. I'm getting really excited now. Hopefully this mat be the answer. I've had a massive mental shift in attitude where im now ready to loose all this weight. I just need to find the right way in which to do it.

Weightwatchers way too slow. I've been sticking to the plan religiously for the past four weeks and have obnly lost s7lbs. You can probably tell that I'm a little impatient and I like the sounds of the kind of losses that people on here talk about.

Just a couple more questions please ... (sorry to be a pain)

As you cant eat anything is anyone tired? Do you have anough ebnergy to do your jobs and a bit of exercise?

Also what happend when you stop the plan and start eating food again? Wouldn't you just put l;ots of weight straight back on?

Thanks

u get ur energy from being in ketosis so u will probably have more energy than usual. xxx

Starlight, I reckon you are soooo the exception!! You have done ace & are defo an inspiration... I just cant stick at WW really.....

I think for a lot of people CD/LL/LT takes away a lot of the choices that we have each day and in a way makes it easier, now if only I could get past day 1 again I would be flying!!!

Awww thanks kazz :) Ive always thought Id like to do CD for the amazing losses, having lost 8lbs this week on WW I really found myself thinking 'imagine having that every week' but I KNOW I like my food too much and I couldnt possibly give it all up :)

well its working for you so keep on wit it!! I just cannot stick to my points really, so need to take it allllll outta the equation!

Hi Kazz
weight watchers does not suit everybody if you think you will be better doing C D you go ahead

Good luck

Hey Bethany, I do think I will do CD again, its just a matter of when...hectic life lately I have!!

Hi everyone.

Ok, I'm in the middle of yet another unsucessful stint at weightwatchers and I can't be bothered with it any more.

I think that I would like the Cambridge diet from what I have read on here but I'm a wee bit apprehensive.

I've got an appointment with a CDC tomorrow. Does anyone know what she will say, what should I expect?

Also on the diet can you only eat the soups and shakes? What about diet soft drinks? Also costs! I'm on a student budget, how much should I expact to pay per week?

Thanks!

GO FOR IT! I've done WW and SW for the past few years got bored of losing 1-2lbs one week and putting on the next. I started CD on the 10th May... and I haven't looked back since. I wont lie, sometimes it can be quite hard, but the majority of times its absolutely fine. I find I save money because as I think Kazz said there is so much you can't have, not only that it saves time preparing food etc...which I love :p Obviously the best thing is weigh day! And with the opportunity to lose 14lb a month on average... well it speaks for itself :)

I switched from WW 12 days ago and OMG am I glad I did! I had a massive 10lbs loss for my first week which was incredible compared to 0.5-1lb at WW altho religiously sticking to the diet. I also found that I was sooooooo hungry all the time on WW but since getting in ketosis around day 3 hunger pangs are a thing of the past.

In terms of cost I justify it like this - WW meeting £5.00 per week, WW products to help you throu the week £10 + depending on what you buy and then you have to buy your food as well - as a single girlie I spend prob £30 per week on food. So at £35ish per week for CD I'm quids in and I just wish I had bitten the bullet and started sooner. Best decision I have ever made!!

In terms of cost I justify it like this - WW meeting £5.00 per week, WW products to help you throu the week £10 + depending on what you buy and then you have to buy your food as well - as a single girlie I spend prob £30 per week on food. So at £35ish per week for CD I'm quids in and I just wish I had bitten the bullet and started sooner. Best decision I have ever made!!

I think as well as the cost of food, theres also the times that you walk into a shop and DONT buy a bar of chocolate etc, the lunches you dont buy, the alcohol you dont drink....I think people tend to look at the initial cost, but if your honest and add up the amount you spend weekly on things you eat & drink, for most people it will add up to more than £35!!

Oh I'm convincing myself here...he he he...think I'll have a CD oack instead of toast for brekkie!!

Hey Kazz,

You are soooo right! I got petrol this morning on way to work and was in the garage to pay and stood there thinking about all the choc & crisps & crap I would have bought pre CD. Easily £3-£5 a go :rolleyes: guess that's why I'm here!!

I love the fact that this diet is so restrictive in terms of what you can have - it takes away all those decisions and the quick results are making me stick to it. I'd CD over WW anytime in the future xx

Chika

Go for it! This is my week 2, 5 days last week (had my weigh in early) and I lost 7lbs. Absolutely loving it. I have more energy than I have had for months, my skin is better and I love the flavours of the packs.

Good luck

Sara

I am seeing my CDC tomorrow to start the diet and I have some apprehensions, but quite excited also! Am worried about some social events lined up for the summer, but I think I will be OK if I plan......Why don't we share stories about how we do as New CD'rs?

Back