Thinking Of Starting

totsd

Hi
I have been reading all your posts and am really thinking of starting. Still not sure if this diet is right for me even thou id love it to be, My first problem is lunches as when im at work, We do not have a microwave. Also does the packs come with a guide? Just to let me know what is the allowed extras and what cals are in these??

Hi

I have been on this diet for 3 weeks, entering my 4th week now. I have managed to lose a stone already and I haven't been starving myself!

Depending on whether you bought the 1200 or 1500 package, your base amount of calories (ie. everything Diet Chef sends you) amounts to roughly 800-900cals so to make up to 1200 or 1500, you would add ths like veg (pretty unlimited, apart from root veg and things like avocado and peas, etc) your milk allowance (I believe its 250ml off the top of my head) add 40g (dry weight) of rice or pasta to your evening meal and pieces of fruit and yoghurt. You will be surprised at how much you can eat if you are careful!

If you go on the Diet Chef website and create an account, you will find forums and lots of help with what extras you are allowed. Everyone on there (like here!) are very friendly and helpful.

You can also download the pdf version of the diet guide if you are still unsure. If you send off for the DVD, you get a free sample!

Hope this helps with your decision.

Oh, the lunch situ, you can have a ready made milkshake which is a 200cal food supplement for lunches instead of soups. You get to choose when you order your package. ALternatively, do what I do and get yourself a decent flask and heat the soup up before you go!

Back