thinking off coming over to WW

Kayee

Silver Member
Hi everyone ....

well i have come over from the 'Xenical' forum and im thinking of starting ww plan. im currently taking prescription slimming tablets (Orlistat) but im only losing at the most 10 pounds a month and thats with me only consuming 1000 to 1200 calories a day (even 900 calories some days) im doing gym 2 hour sessions 3x a week . im doing alot of cardio and also some weights (to tone up) weight loss is still slow and maybe im thinking its actually the 'orlistat' that might be slowing it down (not sure) just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this? and also how much have u lost in a week or month while on ww? thanks everyone :) xx

I have just come over from xenical too! I no longer take the tabs as I got to my target weight with the dr. So I have to do the rest alone. 2 stone to go! I do gym 5 days a week and also swimming, I find that the gym slows down my weight loss as far as the scales go, due to muscle weighing more than fat. However when I measure myself, inches are missing :) its probably the same for u too. Hope this helps somewhat xxx

Hi

Not done that diet so can't comment on that. But i switched from Slimming World to Weight Watchers about 8 weeks ago and have lost 12.5lbs (hopefully will be a stone from tomorrow's weigh in!). I love this diet. You can eat everything that a non-dieter can... but within reason lol. You get daily points and everyone gets the same 49pp weeklies which you can use if you want to and how you want to. Also activity points - so if you're going to the gym alot then you will get alot. Again you can use them for food OR leave em (i dont ever use mine).

I honestly like the diet. I have lost weight every week so far. And I can still eat out in restaurants, eat meals with my family and have a life basically.
xx

thanks for all your replies ladies. yea nicki i remember seeing u on the xenical forums from time to time. i was doing swimming also but have concetrated on the gym more as im enjoying that more instead of doing laps in the swimming pool (it kinda bore's me) . you know what nicki i dont even bother measuring myself (all i do is weigh myself) maybe i need to start getting my measuring tape out xx

bugs bunny 'orlistat' is a prescription weight loss drug . you can only eat certain foods because if u eat anything high in fat u get nasty side effects looool so food is very limited. how many points can i have a day then if i went over to ww? xx

Hi Kayee
I am doing WW alongside xenical. I started WW in October and started on xen a few weeks after.
I think WW is like most diets whereby your weight loss slows after being on it for a while.

Personally I would recommend doing WW along with xen as it is working for me at the moment. I have lost 33.5 pounds since starting 5 months ago which I am happy with. I even managed to stay the same over Christmas.... for the first time in my life!

Back