To The Clouds and Beyond! | Cloud's Diary

Piece of Cloud

Hello :)! I've decided to adopt an alias on this forum, in case I run into anyone from my offline life here, so you can call me Cloud. I'm an 18-year-old with 30lbs to lose, for the sake of my health and simple vanity; I want a silhouette that's not all soft pudge and rounded corners, I want to be fitter for the long hikes and exploration that I love, I want to feel healthy and wild and natural again, like I did as a little girl. I've been through a lot these past few years: an abusive relationship, hospitalization, depression, medication, losing a close family member...it's not been great, but I'm through that and out the other side, and now it's time to leave it all behind - especially the comfort eating that got me through some long and lonely nights. I live at home now, with my dad, my stepmum C, and my little sisters K and F. So...that's me, I guess :D.

I'm going to lose the weight through simple calorie counting and exercise - 1200 calories a day, regular gym sessions, lots of nice walks and runs, and for the month of September I'm doing the 30 Day Plank Challenge, which I found on Pinterest, to help my core strength. I know I can do this, but I also know I'm going to need the support this forum offers; I really hope I can make some friends here, so we can all help each other out in getting to our respective goals and kicking our fat's backside!

Expect a lot of rambling, though! I intend to keep an extensive diary of my weight loss to look back on ;).

Alrighty, I'm off for some guinea pig cuddles. How's everybody else's day going? I'll be back later with my first diary entry for today, I'm so excited to begin recording :p!

01/09/2016

Okay, so, here I am at the end of day one...it's been a lovely day, easy enough but I know from past experience that my problem comes at around day 2 or 3, where I fall off the wagon and then decide to start the diet next week. So yay, an awesome first day :D but tomorrow may be a little rockier! For now, though, I'm happy in my bedroom with a mug of vanilla chai tea; once I'm done writing this I'll probably go and read some other people's diaries for a bit before I fall asleep. I just did today's plank challenge, and 20 seconds was torture to my weak wobbly muscles; I don't know how I'm going to hold it for 270 by the end of the month?!?!

I...may have forgotten to eat breakfast this morning. Which is bad, I know, but also a freaking miracle because I am not the kind of person who just 'forgets' a meal. I went to the gym this morning, and due to a distinct lack of scales in the house, I weigh myself there, so I didn't want to eat before I left. Then I left late because I went to feed the guinea pigs and Snickers, my good, quiet little fur-child, developed a mischievous streak, escaped the run and decided she wanted to play :rolleyes:. So I went and by the time I got back it was nearly lunchtime. The gym was good though! I was mostly testing myself on the machines, figuring out my body's fitness limits and what I actually enjoy or need with regards to the machines. I loved the treadmill and cross-trainer, the hill climber was awful but oddly satisfying, the rowing machine was okay but kinda boring, and I like the bike machines because I used to compete in mountain biking and downhill racing, so it was nice to feel those muscles being used again.

Made lunch for everybody: salad, falafels and wholemeal pita bread, although I had one small falafel and filled my pita with some mashed kidney beans, a splash of vegan mayonnaise and plenty of basil, which was delicious. C was at work, but the rest of us all went to a local National Trust garden, had a lovely walk through the old house and gardens, they had some craft workshops going on and I brought my camera along :). All in all, I had a really nice time, I also bought a beautiful old avian field guide from the second-hand bookshop, and ate the tiniest apple I've ever seen, straight off the tree. Then we came to the danger zone: the cafe :eek:. And I am so damn proud of myself for getting through that xD! I had my dad on one side with his cream tea dripping jam, K with the biggest slice of lemon meringue pie I've ever seen, and F next to me eating a (delicious-looking) slab of shortbread! So I got a cup of coffee and a 100 calorie treat, a Calippo orange ice lolly. I did have a small bite of K's pie, just a small spoonful of the lemon tart, without the meringue, and I have to say I savored it! Got home, we had veggie fajitas for dinner - I had one ear of steamed corn on the cob, and a wrap filled with a heaping tablespoon of the lentil-vegetable mixture dad made, then guinea pig cuddles until it got too dark outside...which brings me to here, with my diary and my tea.

And here I shall stay, reading more diaries until it's time to go to bed.

Day One

Breakfast:

N/A (0)

Lunch:
Wholemeal Pita (145)
Red Kidney Beans (1o5)
Vegan Mayo (66)
1 Falafel (86)
Salad (33)

Dinner:
Wheatgerm Wrap (177)
Lentils and Vegetables (138)
Corn on the Cob (155)

Snacks:
3 Black Coffees (6)
Chai Tea (2)
Teeny Tiny Apple (59)
Calippo (100)
Bite of Pie (66)

Total: 1136 :p

Hey Cloud
Sounds like a very sucessful day 1. I love how precisely you've estimated a bite of pie. Hope day 2 goes as well for you x
DM

Hey Cloud
Sounds like a very sucessful day 1. I love how precisely you've estimated a bite of pie. Hope day 2 goes as well for you x
DM

Haha, thank you, I intend to be very diligent with this :p! Fortunately I have the help of MFP for this, so I can't claim it to be estimation, I wish I was that good at maths! Day 2 is going rather well, I'm starting to get hungry but I've got a big glass of water to see me through the afternoon :) x

Oh yeh! And I'm vegetarian! It's like twins! I've been back on this for 1 week now, with a couple of days slipping up but hey, that's life! x

No way :D I feel like we're going to be good friends! I did try to follow the link to your diary, but I think it's in one of the sections that I can't access yet, so I'll be subscribing to it as soon as I can. Nice one, we're only human, and the important thing is that you got back up and carried on - I'm terrible at that :rolleyes: x

Hi Cloud,

wow for someone so young, you've had a lot to deal with. so glad you're come out the other side now :)

best of luck getting to goal

subscribing :)

x x

Thank you, it's sucked but I've come through it, and it can only get better from here, right? I'm out of hospital, in recovery, in a beautiful new relationship...it got brighter, even though I used to think it never would. Thank you, good luck to you as well - not that you need it; you've lost 2 stone, that's amazing! x

02/09/2016

So I'm going to a vintage seaside festival this weekend, I've just finished packing and we're leaving in half an hour, I'm so excited for it! A little worried about the food, since the lack of internet connection means I won't be able to check calories, so my plan is to be restrained and note down what I eat to check in with MFP when I get back - we went to the supermarket earlier, and alongside the Starburst chews and sugary cereal are my Nakd fruit and nut bites, and cans of diet Coke - I had one Starburst in the car with everyone else, a strawberry one which I sucked on rather than chewed, in an attempt to eat it mindfully, and honestly it was bliss. I like mindful eating, I find it really helps me feel full quicker, and enjoy the food more, much better than bolting down junk. I feel pretty confident in myself too, still chubby and chunky, but I've done my eyeliner nicely and I'm dressed all kitsch and pretty for the festival - I took a picture that I actually liked enough to edit slightly and use as my profile pic on here!

Today's been good so far, I bought some socks at the supermarket; when I reach my goal weight I want to buy myself a new wardrobe to go with my new body, and although I'm saving the clothes for my goal weight, until then I'm looking at accessories, shoes and socks. So when I saw a pack of adorable cat socks, it was fate! They're so perfect, my favorites are off-white with little tiny red, orange, blue and yellow marks, and they're covered in black pawprints, and I love them a lot :). I've eaten well, I had a delicious Portebello mushroom stuffed with kidney beans and sprinkled with basil and olive oil then grilled for breakfast, leftovers of the vegetable and lentil mix from last night for lunch with a few homemade potato wedges and a handful of homemade tortilla chips, and alongside that I've had my Starburst, a little wild strawberry from the garden, coffee and diet Coke - I'm taking my purple Thermos mug full of chai tea along too. I'll post a full rundown along with the calories on Sunday when I get back for all three of the days :).

I'd better go now, I have a couple of jobs to do before we leave. I hope everybody has a good weekend, keep on battling, I'm sending positive vibes your way!

Last edited:
Day Two

Breakfast:

Large Portebello Mushroom (22)
Red Kidney Beans (84)
Olive Oil (60)

Lunch:

Lentils and Vegetables (206)
Homemade Corn Chips (75)
Potato Wedges (175)

Dinner:

Pumpkin Seed and Carrot Roll (285)
Linda McCartney Pulled Pork Burger (150)
Salad (15)

Snacks:

2 Black Coffees (4)
Chai Tea (2)
Diet Coke (0)
1 Strawberry (4)
2 Starbursts (28)
1 Choco Pillow (9)
Bag of Nakd Fruit and Nut Nibbles (502)

Total: 1619 :(

05/09/2016

Hello, I'm back :)! The festival was wonderful, lots of workshops and activities going on, I learnt some vintage dances and can now play the ukulele! I've just posted a rundown of the food I had there, I managed to stay below goal for two of the three days - it would have been 100%, but on the first evening I opened my Nakd fruit and nut nibbles, and I just couldn't stop...I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, whilst it was a lot of calories at least it was on healthy food full of goodness and fibre, with all the crisps and fig rolls on offer it could have been a lot worse ;)! Other than that, I think I did pretty well, and I stayed under my calorie goals, so I'm hoping the scales will tell the same story come Thursday.

I got home and unpacked yesterday evening, and let myself sleep in this morning because I was so worn out from the festival. At around 12 I got up for lunch, which was beans on toast, then fed the guinea pigs and headed out to the gym - 15 minutes hard work on the bike machine, and after that I tried out some of the weight machines that will help me tone up my arms and legs, with the Plank Challenge working on my core; I forgot how much I love exercise and how good it makes me feel :D.

I'm staying at my grandparents' tonight (I say tonight, but it's nearly 1 AM and I'm writing this in bed xD), so I had dinner with them: a vegan pulled pork burger with corn on the cob, a few small fried potato chunks and some salad. I feel very relaxed now, and I think I'll go to sleep after I post this to my diary :). Hope everyone's doing well and has smiled lots today!

Day Five

Breakfast:

N/A (0)

Lunch:

2 Slices Farmhouse Brown Bread (242)
Vitalite Spread (50)
Baked Beans (235)

Dinner

Linda McCartney Pulled Pork Burger (150)
Corn on the Cob (78)
Fried Potatoes (110)
Mushrooms (15)

Dessert:

Swedish Glacé Dairy Free Raspberry Ice Cream (105)
Raspberries (32)

Snacks:

Tiny Chunk of Banana Loaf Cake (98)
Diet Coke (0)
Boiled Egg (72)

Total: 1184 :p

Last edited:
06/09/2016

I'm sitting at my laptop eating a small cup of strawberry and rhubarb soya yogurt, at the end of a very good day. I woke up feeling very refreshed, my grandparents' house is a very relaxing space for me and I always sleep well there. For breakfast I had a fresh egg on toast with some dairy-free spread - and I'm just going to clarify here, I am vegan, but the exception to that rule is eggs from the chickens my nana keeps. She has two, called Amber and Podge, that live in her back garden, and ethically I'm happy to eat their eggs, knowing I'm not giving money to the meat/dairy industry, and that they're very happy, friendly chickens that would lay these infertile eggs regardless :) so if an egg pops up in my food diary every now and again, that's why ;).

I spent the morning out walking with my grandparents at a nearby National Trust property, we went through the woods and down by a river estuary, the air was so thick with birdsong - there were curlews, gulls, terns, bullfinches, chaffinches, robins, dunnocks...it was wonderful! We also had lunch at the cafe, where I got a bowl of ratatouille served with a wedge of bread; it was delicious and so filling I couldn't finish it. This was big for me, because I hate wasting food and so I finish what's on my plate even if it's too much and I end up uncomfortably full, it's not good and I'm trying to break the habit, so I'm proud of myself for being able to leave some! When we got back, I watched some YouTube videos and went Pokemon hunting (yes, I play Pokemon Go xD team Instinct, anyone?) - three new Pokemon have joined my team, a Gastly, a Geodude and a Clefairy :D. Because I was kind of getting hungry, I had an early tea before I left, just some vegan cheese on toast, and planned in a snack for later, the aforementioned yogurt.

Since getting back, I've spent three hours cleaning out the guinea pigs, then played with them outdoors for a bit before coming in to browse through Minimins for a while, and that's pretty much my day :). One more day left to go until my first weigh in :eek:! I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time, I feel like I've done well this week, but if I haven't lost anything it's going to be so discouraging...I'm keeping my fingers crossed, anyway.

Day Six

Breakfast:

Wholemeal Bread (121)
Vitalite Spread (35)
Dry-Fried Egg (72)

Lunch:

Half a Bowl of Ratatouille (99)
Wedge of Bread (180)
Sunflower Spread (72)

Dinner

2 Slices Farmhouse Brown Bread (220)
Vitalite Spread (50)
2 Violife "Cheese" Slices (114)

Snacks:

Black Coffee (2)
Small Chunk of Banana Loaf Cake (147)
Diet Coke (0)
Cup of Strawberry and Rhubarb Soya Yogurt (74)

Total: 1186 :p

Sounds like you had a very chilled out kind of day and well done on leaving food behind you on the plate- you are right it's not the easiest thing to do.

xxx

P's best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow

Last edited:
Sounds like a fab day x
Sounds like you had a very chilled out kind of day and well done on leaving food behind you on the plate- you are right it's not the easiest thing to do.

xxx

P's best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow
Your day sounds so lovely and relaxing! And food is looking food! Good luck for WI x
your day sounds lovely.

best of luck for weigh in :)

x x

Thanks guys! I'm off to the gym first thing tomorrow morning so I'll let you know the WI results as soon as I get back! xx

07/09/2016

I can't believe it's day 7 already! I've made it through a whole week of calorie counting, jumped the hurdle which always knocks me out - I went over my calorie total on day 2, and carried on instead of doing the usual "Oh, I'll just start next week." I figure now would be a good time to look back on the last week and decide how to do better for the week ahead.

I've done pretty damn awesome this week! I've been hitting my goals, keeping up with the daily plank challenge, going to the gym and eating pretty well, and I'm very proud of myself for what I've achieved! I'm nervous for my weigh-in tomorrow, but also hopeful, because I know I've been eating well and I can feel very slight changes in the fit of my clothes :D.

My unofficial goal, although it may be a little ambitious, is to reach 120lbs by January 1st. And I feel like I've been easing into calorie counting, and I'm ready to up the ante a little to help me hit my goals. My calorie goal is going to stay at 1200, but I'm going to try to snack only when I'm hungry, so I'm not eating out of habit, and I'll aim to remain under 1100. I'm going to do two high-intensity cardio gym workouts and one that combines weights and the cross-trainer, as well as carrying on with the plank challenge. And I'm going to try for 2 litres of water a day, not including my precious coffee and herbal teas xD!

Food today has been all about the snacks - I had a very low calorie breakfast and a delicious raw salad for dinner, but I couldn't eat half of it because the kale had an unusually strong flavour and I hated that. So I had a pot of mango chunks whilst out hunting Pokemon, an elderflower presse when I stopped for a drink with dad and F, and two small pieces of fresh-baked sourdough with Vitalite spread.

Roll on tomorrow - let's see what those scales say :)!

Day Seven

Breakfast:

Portebello Mushroom (22)
Red Kidney Beans (84)

Lunch:

Leftover Pasta (440)

Dinner:

Cucumber (52)
Carrot Slices (8)
Strawberries (20)
Seed and Muesli Bar (107)

Snacks: