Cruise PP thinking!

CHRISR

Gold Member
Hi Everyone
Having a think this morning about why I want to lose weight. The obvious thing comes to mind e.g. health. Looking better than I do and of course feeling better (my confidence is sky high when im slim). My eating habits were getting out of hand so I feel so much better for that in just 8 days. I want to be able to go clothes shopping with my beautiful daughter and actually try clothes on in the shop and then buy them. This weight problem of mine has made me very miserable and it isnt fair to my lovely family :cry: who support me loads. So now im doing something about it!
Just one niggle though - reading the reviews of Dukan - damage to kidneys & liver, not healthy etc etc (I wasnt eating healthy anyway and I am obese - so .......)
Just thought I'd put this on here whilst my gallette cooks (disaster last time).

Just one niggle though - reading the reviews of Dukan - damage to kidneys & liver, not healthy etc etc (I wasnt eating healthy anyway and I am obese - so .......)

You've hit the nail on the head.

Attack and Cruise are NOT long term healthy eating plans. They are not intended to be. But they are an effective, treatment of an EMERGENCY situation - the need to lose weight.

Being overweight is simply, on balance, (and with all due caution taken), more dangerous than being in attack for a week.

Hi :)

Many people focus on the attack phase of this plan when reviewing negatively, nothing but dairy and protein isn't the best for us if we were doing that forever, but I think the next 3 stages are very healthy and much better for us than being overweight.

Plenty of lean protein, fresh veggies and then eventually more starchy carbs - that is pretty ideal :)
Are you getting negative comments from people re your diet?

I can't wait to get the weight off either and actually feel good about myself/my body. We'll do it :D

Yes I agree with you both it is short term and above all else I want to be able to eat healthy and not be controlled by what I should or shouldnt have for the rest of my life e.g. WW & SW. This is to re-educate me! I havent had any negativity yet my family are 110% behind me and thats all important to me. As you say its a healthy eating way of life so thats good enough for me so what anyone else should think!!!
Galette was a success thank u to the 'foolproof galette' recipe posted by Emmma I think.
My lovely daughter and I are off for a 4 mile walk in lovely lancs sunshine :)

This is one of the reasons why we try to deter people with almost normal (or, worse, normal) BMIs for getting into the diet. Obviously their food intake/exercise levels aren't that far off what they need to be and so a more healthier approach would be better for them.

Unfortunately the current Dukan mania has swept some people into it who oughtn't, in my humble opinion, be getting into it. And the potential yoyoing afterwards, if the weight isn't consolidated/stabilised properly, won't be fun either. Comparatively small weight losses result in a short consolidation period, you see.

Many people focus on the attack phase of this plan when reviewing negatively

All too true!
Plus - almost every time I have read a wholly negative "expert" review it has been by someone with, surprise surprise, a rival diet or healthy eating plan to sell.

I think the next 3 stages are very healthy and much better for us than being overweight.

Plenty of lean protein, fresh veggies and then eventually more starchy carbs - that is pretty ideal :)
/QUOTE]

I agree - Cruise is pretty well balanced (although definitely not suitable for every one).

But it is still weight loss regime, and so not healthy long term. (in theory at least you could waste away to skin and bone on cruise!)

Back