Thinking..

haleye87

Hi there I've been on CWP for 18weeks and lost 5stone 6, was just wondering if anyone found it better being on this diet?? Also can you take the products on holiday with you? X

I lost 7st on Cambridge 5 years ago and promptly gained it all back. I've found S&S so much easier to stick to because you can have the protein meal. I've lost more in a shorter space of time - 4st 10lbs in 3.5 months, which took me just over 4 months on Cambridge. It's so much cheaper too. I think have more calories actually helps me - Cambridge Sole Source on three packs a day is only about 415kcals. Personally, I need more than that to lose weight. I average 650kcals on S&S.

I feel like I'm learning about good food choices on S&S too whereas on Cambridge, it was eat nothing for months and then when faced with food, I'd learnt nothing and ate exactly how I had before. I've come off this diet three times (two meals out for celebrations e.g. birthdays, and a long weekend off for a trip) and every time I've got right back on the diet no problem because I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. And I still always lost weight those weeks too. I really feel that when I am done with this diet, I'll be able to manage my diet to maintain my weight - I didn't feel I could do that after Cambridge.

With regards to holiday, I don't see why not. As long as you take your shaker and have access to water, no problem! :)

Hope this helps! Xx

I've not done cambridge so can't comment on that, I have however, taken packs abroad. The fist time was in February when I figured I could make the shakes in a bottle of water, and so just took a funnel with me to get the powder into the bottle - it didn't work - I have a shaker with the mesh at the top and the spiral ball inside, I returned from that holiday with a new appreciation of what they do! Making shakes just in a bottle doesn't mix it all together however much you shake, and you end up with big lumps of powder too.

The next break I took my shaker - perfect :). Bars on the other hand are a whole other story - at home I keep my bars in the fridge so they are harder to eat. Taking one out to eat during the day in a hot country is far from getting one out of the fridge. Even if you don't keep yours in the fridge here, they are still relatively solid at room temperature, but stick one in your bag in 30 degrees of sun and you soon see how quickly they go very soft indeed. Still edible but messy and gooey. I've not taken meals and soups away, not been anywhere that has a microwave facility or fancied having soup in the heat, but I guess soup would be very straightfoward as you just need a hot water source.

I was a bit nervous about having all these silver packs of powder in my luggage, but nothing untoward happened on that score :)

I lost 7st on Cambridge 5 years ago and promptly gained it all back. I've found S&S so much easier to stick to because you can have the protein meal. I've lost more in a shorter space of time - 4st 10lbs in 3.5 months, which took me just over 4 months on Cambridge. It's so much cheaper too. I think have more calories actually helps me - Cambridge Sole Source on three packs a day is only about 415kcals. Personally, I need more than that to lose weight. I average 650kcals on S&S.

I feel like I'm learning about good food choices on S&S too whereas on Cambridge, it was eat nothing for months and then when faced with food, I'd learnt nothing and ate exactly how I had before. I've come off this diet three times (two meals out for celebrations e.g. birthdays, and a long weekend off for a trip) and every time I've got right back on the diet no problem because I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. And I still always lost weight those weeks too. I really feel that when I am done with this diet, I'll be able to manage my diet to maintain my weight - I didn't feel I could do that after Cambridge.

With regards to holiday, I don't see why not. As long as you take your shaker and have access to water, no problem! :)

Hope this helps! Xx

I'm on SS+ with Cambridge so still on 650cal a day just thinking bout money tbh! With CWP I know you have to keep going through to stabilisation which is the reintroduction and reeducation of food, but do we have this option on this plan? Sorry for all the questions x

I've not done cambridge so can't comment on that, I have however, taken packs abroad. The fist time was in February when I figured I could make the shakes in a bottle of water, and so just took a funnel with me to get the powder into the bottle - it didn't work - I have a shaker with the mesh at the top and the spiral ball inside, I returned from that holiday with a new appreciation of what they do! Making shakes just in a bottle doesn't mix it all together however much you shake, and you end up with big lumps of powder too.

The next break I took my shaker - perfect :). Bars on the other hand are a whole other story - at home I keep my bars in the fridge so they are harder to eat. Taking one out to eat during the day in a hot country is far from getting one out of the fridge. Even if you don't keep yours in the fridge here, they are still relatively solid at room temperature, but stick one in your bag in 30 degrees of sun and you soon see how quickly they go very soft indeed. Still edible but messy and gooey. I've not taken meals and soups away, not been anywhere that has a microwave facility or fancied having soup in the heat, but I guess soup would be very straightfoward as you just need a hot water source.

I was a bit nervous about having all these silver packs of powder in my luggage, but nothing untoward happened on that score :)

I'm only allowed hand luggage on my flight does that matter? X

I'm on SS+ with Cambridge so still on 650cal a day just thinking bout money tbh! With CWP I know you have to keep going through to stabilisation which is the reintroduction and reeducation of food, but do we have this option on this plan? Sorry for all the questions x
There's a 7-10 day re-feed on S&S.

Yes, Cambridge is very expensive but you do get the counsellor - although my second counsellor was a waste of space and was clearly only interested in the money.

And yes, as Cherry-Blossom says, there is a 7-10 day refeed which means you can reintroduce carbs quickly and move onto something else to maintain like calorie counting, low GI, Slimming World, Weight Watchers etc. if you want. I didn't like the idea of being stuck on shakes for the rest of my life - everyone I knew that was successfully maintains on Cambridge was still having some of their packs each day x

I meant after I've lost what I want I'm scared Ill just pile it bk on.. I needed to lose 10st; I've lost over half of that there x

I did hand luggage in February - no issue :)

Can I suggest you have a look at the Beck Diet Solution - it may well assist you with your concerns about gaining, it's certainly helped me and many others on here too. It's a self help cbt book that looks at why you eat and gives easy to follow strategies to stop overeating and making the wrong choices with food.

I meant after I've lost what I want I'm scared Ill just pile it bk on.. I needed to lose 10st; I've lost over half of that there x

You won't pile it back on if you accept that you will never be able to eat the way you did before. The sad thing is for people like us is that we'll never be able to stop watching our weight but think of it as a positive thing - you'll change your habits and learn to eat delicious, healthy food and maintain the body you've always wanted :) xx

Back