third superfree new rules

blonde8

Hi all. I always thought u was ment to have 1/3 superfree with a meal but my friend joined yesterday and said that this is no longer the case. Is this true x

I joined today and was told we SHOULD, it will speed up weight loss but we don't have to x

It helps if you do, it isn't mandatory though.

I normally do, with one night off a week x

Reccomended, but not compulsory. Although, it will boost your weight loss as well as fill you up on lower calorie foods. Fruit and veg also gives you essential vitamins and nutrients!!! so eat ya greens :)

I find I lose better having weeks with a third superfree with every meal compared to the weeks where I have meals with baked beans etc :)

I believe they do say now that if you have a meal with a heb in it like bread you dont have to have your 1/3rd superfree with that, ie just beans on toast. I dont do ee though, I do red and green but thats my understanding. :)

Just looking at the book and it says it will help speed up your weight loss," if you have 1/3 superfree thats great, but its not a requirement, its a choice - a choice that depends on how fast you want to lose weight.
It also says that there is no need to include 1/3 superfree with meals that include a healthy extra as there is already a control built in, unless of course you want to add superfree anyway.

I always have a third superfree because not only will it help you loose more it also has added health benefits :) you will find if you stop having it your weight loss will slow down.

i have a third superfree with pretty much everything.. It's my golden rule. You wont lose weight only eating free foods.

i have a third superfree with pretty much everything.. It's my golden rule. You wont lose weight only eating free foods.

Ditto

eating superfree with my meals has now just become life for me now, i never feel like it's a chore like i used too... i actually quite enjoy it! X

When I am preparing a meal, out come all the vegetables from the fridge and I decide which ones I am going to have. THEN I decide what is going with them.

Most supermarkets have their vegetable section nearest the front door - I go there first and decide what I fancy, THEN decide what to buy to go with them.

I find it makes things much easier to think of the vegetables as being the principal part of the meal and planning the rest of the meal round them.

I eat 1/3 super free with everything, even breakfast. I always eat the super free first (unless its mixed in) so that it fills me on lower cals and then I Stop when I'm full. Xx

You are supposed to have 1/3rd superfree where it makes sense, otherwise you should make sure your intake for the day is 1/3rd superfree - so our consultant makes pea and ham soup in her soup maker, she doesn't serve it with a side salad, she just has fruit before or after

You wont lose weight only eating free foods.

Rather a large generalisation there Gazter. its impossible to say that as weight loss is not solely dependent on whether or not you eat a third superfree. Of course it is a good idea to include it but many people can and do lose weight without it. It all depends what your portion control is like, how much you have to lose, whether you exercise or not, and what and how much you are eating in general not just how much superfree xx

Fruits and veg certainly helps. I've always loved fruit and veg but before I started SW I often felt bad that I would go whole days at a time eating food of only one colour - usually that fried golden brown colour!

You don't NEED hard and fast rules about the third superfree, unless of course it helps you along - some people benefit from a bit more regiment than others. From my experience though, the only cast-iron rules for SW should be these two:

1) Read the whole book.
2) Follow it.

You won't go wrong, trust me!

Rather a large generalisation there Gazter. its impossible to say that as weight loss is not solely dependent on whether or not you eat a third superfree. Of course it is a good idea to include it but many people can and do lose weight without it. It all depends what your portion control is like, how much you have to lose, whether you exercise or not, and what and how much you are eating in general not just how much superfree xx

Many of the free foods are actually quite high in calories. If you need to use strict proportion control you arent really following the plan either, so i suppose it makes no odds.

You will not lose weight eating free foods such as rice, pasta, potatoes, noodles, lean meat, baked beans etc until you feel full, as the plan intends, without superfree. Yes there is a generalisation.

If you are thirty stone, you could eat a large fish and chips three times a day and still lose weight, if you are doing high levels of sustained exercise, you could also lose weight eating only free food. But for the rest of us, its the superfree that is the key.

I also think you have to think of your health - you can lose weight and be thin eating meat and spuds, but its not particularly good for you ;) variation, vitamins and minerals are key to being healthy and happy. Thin does not equal healthy!! Then again, I'm vegan so most of my meals are superfree (2/3rds mostly) and i just can't imagine not eating it!!!

Same as you don't need to exercise to lose weight - which is great to get going - but its so much better to do even light exercise for your health :)

It definately helps to fill you if you have superfree. However portion control also makes a lot of difference. I have struggled for some time now. Won`t go into too much detail it will take too long.
I did `cheat` a lot and not count. Also I did have big portions. I looked at my portions and decided they were too large. So I made the free foods such as potato, rice and pasta smaller portions. It does after all so everything in moderation.
I have been cutting portions for 3 weeks and also having 3 red days per week. In that 3 weeks have lost 5lbs.
It is after all a lifestyle change

They also recommend 1/3 superfree on red and green too now. Again not compulsary. When I first started with red & green there was no such thing as 1/3 superfree.

Good luck to all of you.

Back