Third time lucky

Noora

Hello all :)

This is my third attempt at the Cambridge diet...it has been over a year since i was on the diet, so a few things have changed since.

I have started on SS+ and was wondering, now we are allowed prawns and cottage cheese when on this plan. However, both contain salt. I noticed this once i ate the prawns that they were quite salty, so once i looked at the packet, it was 88% prawn and rest is water and salt. This also applies to cottage cheese, although you can get the reduced fat ones, all the cottage cheese contains salt...

So is this ok?

Thanks

Don't know about the salt, maybe it will make us drink more water.
I find cottage cheese and a slice of turkey or chicken an absolute lifeline when I am feeling ravenous.

M x

if you buy raw prawns (when they're grey) i imagine there would be less salt, if any. i thought all the measurements were based on uncooked weight anyway, so i thought we were supposed to buy the grey ones.

You have a point, but the raw ones are so expensive..almost not worth it.

I asked my cambridge consultant today and she said don't worry, it is all fine :confused:

Sooo it is quite confusing as to what is the right answer, because your answer makes logical sense, although it isn't ideal.

A lot of the salt is probably in the brine that you pour off. If you are really worried soak the prawns in water for a couple of hours and then pour that away, too. It should help. I doubt the salt in cottage cheese will harm your diet since it is an official part of the plan but I have never noticed cottage cheeese being salty. Perhaps you might try a different brand?

Back