Third Time Lucky!

MrMojo

Wannabe Mankini Model
Hi All,

Well I am back again for the third and final time. I lost a lot of weight the first time around, but fell back into my olds ways and put it all back on over a couple of years. The second time I failed miserably and I couldn't stick with it.

But my experiences (healthwise) over the last two years have made me realise that not only do I need to lose the weight, but I need to keep it off for good.

So here I am, just about to go into day 5, wish me luck :)

Hi MrMojo

How is it going?

I can relate to how you've been, 3 years ago I lost 3 stone through total solution and maintained for a year and a half.. the last year and a half unfortunately with complications with my thyroid and very poor food choices I put it all back on.

Tried re starting a couple of times this year to no success, started Monday and fell off the wagon yesterday.

What do you do to keep you focussed?

Zoe

Hi Zoe,

Week 1 weigh in tomorrow and I'm not only feeling good, but I've not been tempted so far either. I guess you need to learn to tell yourself, do I really need to eat this or that when the temptation comes along.

Getting past the first week is the real hurdle imo. I've been sticking to 3 packs a day, plus lots of decaff coffee (with skimmed milk), a cup of bouillon and glass of coke zero.

So you fell off the wagon, that is done and there is nothing you can do about that now as it is in the past. But you can try and use that to help keep yourself focused on the next 1, 2, 3. etc days. You have done this before, so you can do it again. But you need to be doing this for you and you alone!

I agree totally! I do have a Coke Zero on days that I'm feeling I need it. The biggest struggle I have is with my partner, he's a bad influence on me lol.. in the past I've said no quite easily but this time around with three kids to look after I'm more tired and finding it easier to quit!
I will get back on it tomorrow, going to meet a personal trainer this afternoon to be named and shamed and starting next week when the kids are back in school!
I have a little drop of milk in my tea/coffee too, I find that if I only have 1/2 a day I still stay in ketosis, do you find this too?

It must be harder with the kids around, when I have cheated before it was when I had cooked the kids tea. Well that or the wife was sat next to me eating a packet of crisps/chocolate.

Try to remind yourself why you are doing this, beit health, how you look, etc. You will be so much more confident when you have lost the weight and if you can stick with the exercise, really toned up too. But don't just rely on weight loss if you are exercising more than a 30 minute walk a day. Take your measurements and photos weekly and use how clothes fit as a guide too.

I drink maybe 4-6 cups of coffee a day and a glass of coke zero everyday.

I'm also trying not to focus on being in ketosis, it's more how I feel in myself.

I find the kids fine, I'd have a shake in the morning, take a bar with me for lunch.. then by the time tea comes after a few days (I find the weekend the worst) my partner just wants a binge and persuades me that it's okay to have a treat But it's not I know it's not and I think it's the guilt afterwards that spurs me on to not cheat the next time

Had my first personal trainer session today and I almost died lol I'm on the lower end of normal blood pressure so came close to passing out it's so embarrassing! But I felt so good after it!

Taken measurements and photos so I'm going to keep a diary unlike I did last time! Hopefully stay on the right track this time and the gym isn't something I've ever done really so I'm so excited for that!

Hope it's going okay for you?

I find the kids fine, I'd have a shake in the morning, take a bar with me for lunch.. then by the time tea comes after a few days (I find the weekend the worst) my partner just wants a binge and persuades me that it's okay to have a treat But it's not I know it's not and I think it's the guilt afterwards that spurs me on to not cheat the next time

Had my first personal trainer session today and I almost died lol I'm on the lower end of normal blood pressure so came close to passing out it's so embarrassing! But I felt so good after it!

Taken measurements and photos so I'm going to keep a diary unlike I did last time! Hopefully stay on the right track this time and the gym isn't something I've ever done really so I'm so excited for that!

Hope it's going okay for you?
Everything is going well for me thanks. How are you getting on?

Back