This diet is crazy ! ....... But I need some advice.

mancitymark

Day 5 and lost 16lb so far ..... I know its the water retention etc etc but it does give you a hell of a lift. I know I have the no loss days to come, I know I have the poo issue to come and the mood swings but my target was 24lb to bring me to 13st and where I was when I finished this diet last October. I now have 8lb to go.

My dilema is this ..... At 5ft8 ... 13 stone is still officially "over weight" but not "obese" as I was when I first started at 18 stone last August. At 13 stone I am a "large" in clothing , a 34 or 36 (depending on the shop) waist. I am in two minds as to wether I stay at 13 stone or do I carry on say until I reach 12 stone just because I can ?

I am 52 and want to look 52, I dont want to look gaunt or in the middle of a mid life crisis , nor slim really to be honest as my wife prefers a bloke "with a bit of timber on"

I dont know wether to accept the 13 stone and maintain or go another month and be 12 stone (where I was when I was 20 ! ) :confused:

I would keep going until you are happy with your body, I know I plan on overshooting my target by atleast a half stone as that is going to come back on after I start eating again. If you keep going and you dont feel that you look great then eat a touch more untill you get to a place where you are happy :)

and WOW at 16 pounds in 5 days, you must have been carrying some amount of water!

I think only you can answer that question that Mark, what about aiming for 12 and a half stone and seeing how you feel then, I'm sure your wife will tell you if she thinks you've lost too much! I'd definitely let my hubby know! :)

I think with that sort of dilemma, my advice would be to judge and make a decision based what you see in the mirror and not by the figures on the scales. Do LT until you look at yourself in the mirror and say "yeah - I look good!" That might be at 13 stone, 12.5, or 12, or anything inbetween those. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and just see how you go! When you reach 13 stone, you'll know when you look at yourself whether you're happy or whether you want to keep going. xx

I agree with skinny love. I am now the lightest I have been since my teens I am now aiming to go till I feel comfortable I think I would like to be under 12 stone but as I cant remember what I look like at 12 st I am going to wait till I feel better happier or even judge it by cloth size, either way I can only do this til sept as I am going away in October
Best of luck with what ever you decide

Back