This diet is so amazing! (but water is important!)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by wannabslim, 4 March 2007 Social URL.

1. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Afternoon everyone,

I just wanted to share something about why I love this diet so much! Since Monday (start of my 2nd week), by Friday I had lost 2lbs :confused: . Now I know this is average but as its only my 2nd week I was hoping for a bit more.

Anyway, had been struggling to get all the water in as have been in back to back lectures all week, but have made sure this weekend that I have drunk extra water as have had the time :eek: .

Having been out on the town last night and stuck religiously to SS, drink water and nothing else while everyone else got drunk, I weighed myself this morning and... lo and behold... another 3lbs off :eek: !!!

Now I know what people say about water being crucial to your weightloss and I didnt believe it but I am now a true believer in the power of water. Mainly because if you dont drink enough, you retain it, and then don't see any movement on the scales. So from now on I will be drinking my :tear_drop: everyday and making time for it.

So, in 13 days (its end of week 2 tomorrow morning) I have lost 15lbs- and am now only 5lbs away from reaching my first mini-goal!!! Whoop whoop!! :D I LOVE THIS DIET!! Can't remember the last time I was this weight, and I love it!!

xxx

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    ah well x

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    You are doing really well - and you are quite right that drinking more water will have a better effect on you losing weight.

And you are nearly at your first goal!

5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    So pleased for you, that's fab ! I totally agree about the water. I had been slacking a bit, having 6 pints as I was too cold to drink more. I was losing 3 pound a week. Then I decided to push myself to drink the 8 pints and the last 2 weeks I have lost 4 pound each time. It seems to make a difference !

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Good for you, hun! You're absolutely right - drinking enough water is absolutely crucial!

Great loss btw!

xxx

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    WOW!!!

That is brill!!!!

15lbs. in two weeks!!!:eek:

Must get drinking my water:D :tear_drop:

Happy for you!

It is hard going when your at Uni, can you take a small bottle with you and drink out of it.:confused:

Love Mini xxx

8. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    Yes, it's true, not drinking enough water will cause water retention and make you look heavier on the scales than you actually are!

Well done on your terrific weight loss so far! :)

9. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Thanks Mini,

I do that, actually I take 2, but where I have back to back lectures once I've drunk them I don't get a chance to fill them up, so I'm only getting through about 1.5 litres before evening, and i find it hard to drink enough to make that up to at least 2.5 before bedtime! Sure I will think of something

xx

10. girlygirl

girlygirl Silver Member

I just can't drink 8 pints a day PLUS herbal tea, black coffee etc.

I have tried and found it most unpleasant.

They say you shouldn't 'count' herbal tea/coffee etc but I do. I drink about ten cups of herbal tea daily and only two black coffees per day - in the morning usually.

That's a lot of extra fluid, so I have about 4 pints of water - some days maybe 5. That's the best I can do at present.

11. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Girlygirl,

I thought tea and stuff was included?! Don't tell me that I've been counting it when I shouldn't have?

I found it tricky to drink lots at first and still do in the week, but at weekends I'm drinking for England! A pint an hour is perfectly do-able!

xx

12. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i have 2 1litre bottles, 1 5litre bottle, 1 75cl bottle, 1 2litre bottle and 2 50cl bottles of water in my fridge, i dont drink them all in one day but i have them so i have a choice of what bottle to drink and so i can keep count on what i am drinking.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.