This diet is worth is people!

princess-of-power

VLCDing...again!
My 6 weeks on thise diet has taught me more than I ever learnt the last 2 times I have done it.

Ive really grown up and can see the mistakes and delusions I had about my eating habits. Both the OH and I were watching Supersize Vs Superskinny the other night and there was a woman having a gastric bypass on it and we were both like...wow. That poor lady's organs were surrounded by masses of yellow fat. And it was quite upsetting to think of our organs to be lying there in a bed of minging fat...not working properly.

Anyway, so I really feel this time around, when I come off it (in 2 months) I will be able to carry on my positive attitude about the choice I have made in losing weight and transform it into a positive attitude about my food choices.

The OH and I are going to a wedding in 3 weeks and we were both dreading it 8 weeks ago because we were both huge and hating ourselves. 6 weeks late my OH was trying on his best man suit today looking HOT (it took all I could not to molest him in the shop, lol) and I tried on this dress I have been drooling over in Dotty P's for weeks and they had a size 14. I was a 16-18 when I started this diet.

The 14 fitted me! I looked tiny in it. What's more, it didnt fit me as in I squoze it on, it fitted me with plenty of room....in fact it may be a touch big on my in 3 weeks if I have good losses!

I bought the most beautiful shoes to go with them.

So see people...6 weeks...its nothing really...but its made the biggest difference in how I feel about myself.

Please, just keep going. We all have our down days where the fridge is calling out to us. Ignore the fridge, come on here and hopefully in 6 weeks time you will have a confidence-boosting experience like I did today. Im not ashamed to say I had a little tear in my eye when that zip went up. I was so proud of myself.

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!!!

Thanks for that post Laura!

I stopped LT last summer after my hols, I was happy enough but hadnt quite reached my goal. I tried to start again after Christmas (with a 7lb gain) but with one thing and another (particularly a very unwell child) I gave up when I reached my previous weight.

I am now trying to motivate myself to start again. I have my shakes and am just deciding on exactly when to start. When I stopped last year I was about 14lb off my goal, I am now 25lb so a small gain which I accept (due to exam pressure) but Im not comfortable with.. I have to lose it by 19th July when I go back to Portugal for my 2 weeks hols!

Now I need to decide on tomorrow or Wednesday!

Oh Laura, just loved your post. You should be proud of yourself, you have done fantastic.

It's the best feeling isn't it to get into something you never dreamed would fit you, especially if it might be too big for you in a couple of weeks! Well done you and hubby, sounds as though you have been a real support for each other on this and I think that's lovely.

My hubby doesn't need to do LT but is very supportive to me. He wants to lose about a stone (not that he needs too) but says with me being on LT really encourages him to do something too.

I bet you two will have a fantastic time at that wedding, you both deserve a load of compliments and I bet you will get them too.

Well done and keep going, I think I will be with you for the next 2 months on this too.

Really, really proud of you so keep up the good work, you are both doing fantastic!!

Ive been struggling the last few days but your post have really cheered me up and reminded me why I started in the first place! What did you weigh when you started and how long have you been on LT?

aww hun that was a lovely post. :)

well done 4 gettin in a size 14, its a great feelin. im still in same size (20 :eek:) but they gettin really loose now an thats made me feel gr8.

big thumbs up hun!!!! u doin fab!!! :girlpower:

i week on lipotrim

well done first week on lipotrim and discovered I eat from habit not from hunger even tho I'm not hungry when I enter the kitchen I reach for food so its been a hard week but when i was weghed and had lost 7 pounds i felt it was worth it 4stone 7 pound to go

well done laura (and other half), that's a fab inspirational post and although i don't follow LT anymore i'm on something similar and the motivation you gals and guys have keeps me from stuffing my face with cake and chocolate

Excellent post. I feel the same I've been going 10 weeks and I feel so good about myself now.

I stopped LT last summer after my hols, I was happy enough but hadnt quite reached my goal. I tried to start again after Christmas (with a 7lb gain) but with one thing and another (particularly a very unwell child) I gave up when I reached my previous weight.

I am now trying to motivate myself to start again. I have my shakes and am just deciding on exactly when to start. When I stopped last year I was about 14lb off my goal, I am now 25lb so a small gain which I accept (due to exam pressure) but Im not comfortable with.. I have to lose it by 19th July when I go back to Portugal for my 2 weeks hols!

Now I need to decide on tomorrow or Wednesday!

I say there is no day like tomorrow hun! The sooner you start, the sooner you reach that goal for your hol. I have never reached my goal weight either and I think that was another factor in why I gained all my weight back on. Good luck hun!

Oh Laura, just loved your post. You should be proud of yourself, you have done fantastic.

It's the best feeling isn't it to get into something you never dreamed would fit you, especially if it might be too big for you in a couple of weeks! Well done you and hubby, sounds as though you have been a real support for each other on this and I think that's lovely.

My hubby doesn't need to do LT but is very supportive to me. He wants to lose about a stone (not that he needs too) but says with me being on LT really encourages him to do something too.

I bet you two will have a fantastic time at that wedding, you both deserve a load of compliments and I bet you will get them too.

Well done and keep going, I think I will be with you for the next 2 months on this too.

Really, really proud of you so keep up the good work, you are both doing fantastic!!

Thanks Bev, you've been a particularly wonderful friend to me on my time here. Thankyou for your support hun and well done to you coz you've done brilliantly!!! x

My OH is amazing, he's only 11lbs away from goal the lucky devil and looks great. He's always done these with me and I think Ive been lucky because if he was eating and I wasnt, I would have had to kill him!!!

Im glad we're in it together for the next 2 months chuck!

Ive been struggling the last few days but your post have really cheered me up and reminded me why I started in the first place! What did you weigh when you started and how long have you been on LT?

I dont know what I weighed when I started. I was too chicken-sh*t to weigh myself because a) I was in denial that I had put the weight on and b) I didnt think I had put much weight on.

Because Im a very experienced VLCDer, I could guesstimate from my end of week 2 weigh in that I had probably put the entire weight I had lost back on. I imagine I was between 14st 7lbs to 15 stone. Gutting. I now weigh 12st 13lbs! Im 5'4" and still obese but not far off from an overweight BMI.

Keep going hun, its definately worth it x

aww hun that was a lovely post. :)

well done 4 gettin in a size 14, its a great feelin. im still in same size (20 :eek:) but they gettin really loose now an thats made me feel gr8.

big thumbs up hun!!!! u doin fab!!! :girlpower:

If they're getting really loose you wont be far off an 18 soon kid! Keep it up! xxx

well done first week on lipotrim and discovered I eat from habit not from hunger even tho I'm not hungry when I enter the kitchen I reach for food so its been a hard week but when i was weghed and had lost 7 pounds i felt it was worth it 4stone 7 pound to go

Im sorry its been a hard week. But we all have them and the fact you have recognised you eat from habit is a big step in the right direction. Well done. Congrats on your weigh in, 7lbs is great!

well done laura (and other half), that's a fab inspirational post and although i don't follow LT anymore i'm on something similar and the motivation you gals and guys have keeps me from stuffing my face with cake and chocolate

Thanks sparklebug. Im no longer an LTer. My first 2 weeks I used my excess LT packs from my previous time but then I discovered Exante and Ive been on it since. However, when I was on LT I discovered this forum and I think its outstanding, I really do. There is nothing like an LTer in the world, we all know the highs and lows of VLCDs and are so supportive and friendly. I love it on the LT forum, you cannot beat it!

As my good friend ohtobeslinky says

"nothing tastes as good as being thin"

Keep it up everyone, we're doing great.

And here's to the JUNE CHALLENGE coming soon!

Well done Laura and OH. It is amazing what you can achieve in a relatively small time. It can be daunting to think I have to lose 8st which was the case with me. But 3st gone and working on number 4, I will be half way. And I am hoping the slimmer I get the more spurred on I will be. This diet really is a life saver for some of us :) xx

Wow, Laura you have done so well. I bet you can't wait for the wedding now! I'm sure you will both look fabulous!
I think this time I have realised I have to change my eating habits forever and when I have finished this I can't go back to eating a packet of chocolate peanuts on my way home from work! Or a packet of meringues as I only planned to have one and when I got out of my chair it looked like it had been snowing, LOL!
This diet is only the beginning, but gives us the best opportunities to turn our lives around and stop letting food control us. x

Well done Laura

what amazing and inspirational posts. You really have made me think about how I have to change my life when I finish this diet. It really is people like you that keep the rest of us going when we are struggling. You deserve to look a million dollars in your dress.

Congrats

Back