Green Days This fussy.........

for a green day
how about cooking some pasta
some veggies of your choice
I often have mushrooms spring onions and some mixed veg
combine it all together and pop into a frying pan cover with beaten eggs and make yourself a frittata
great with a salad and no need to have potatoes

Cous cous mixed up with peppers, leeks garlic,tomatoes, mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn with a couple of Quorn sausages xx

the mushroom stroganoff in this months mag is lovely and highly recommended.
Tomorrow for my tea I am having linda mccartney mince cooked with onion and mushrooms and some frozen veggies thrown in, plus sweetcorn and peas. Put some stock in and simmer for about 20 mins. It is really comforting and I am having it with rice.

Quorn chilli? Or real chilli and use your hebs.

how about curry - 1 tin of beans, 2 of mushy peas, 1 onion, mushrooms, curry powder, fresh chilli or chilli powder, garlic cloves, frylight, salt and pepper.

fry the chopped onion and as many garlic cloves as you prefer, add mushrooms and chilli to taste. Add alittle water and let it bubble for afew minutes then add curry powder (you need a good few heaped tbs full, just add a couple at this point) and let it cook for a minute. Add the beans, and peas and test to see if it needs more curry powder. Add salt and pepper and simmer for 5-10 mins.

And hey presto and delish curry, serve with rice!

if i want a treat i have home fries 9 syns for a big bag with a tin of beans and a couple of poached eggs = awesome comfort food on a green day.

Back