Total Solution This has to be it!

Hi Cate. Wow, you're doing well so far! Hopefully I can emulate you! I've been off track for a couple of weeks and on and off for a lot longer. Hoping to make a fresh start from today so will check in with you daily!

Hi Lynne, nice to hear from you. Am determined to stick with it this time. Be great to keep up with each other's progress. ;)

The smell of newly baked bread is almost as hard to resist as cooked bacon don't you think.

Have a lovely walk Cate, You probably have some nice scenic areas where you live xx

Yes, bread is a killer for me. The baguette was still warm when I got it home! We do have lovely walks. I'm right on the northern edge of Cardiff and the Brecon Beacons are only a 25 minute drive away. Having said that, my friend decided she wasn't up for a walk as she's towards the end of her recovery period for a bunion op. So I ended up snoozing on the sofa - bit of a difference to the original plan. LOL. BTW, I only moved here in 2004. Was in London myself for 20 years before that.

Last edited:
Day Six

8.00am - black coffee
1.00pm - shake
5.00pm - shake
6.00pm - black coffee
9.00pm - bar and black coffee
11.00pm - water

So, had a late night cave last night. Refusing to stress about it; it is what it is. Having said that, today has been a good day. Wasn't really conscious of feeling hungry until I was driving to Lidl's but it was too late by then so just gave myself a really strict talking to in the car about not buying things 'for James' which I know are really for me to cheat on. When I started this in November I would do this. Buy low carb stuff to have in the house that would make it easy for me to cheat without feeling overly guilty. So, I was very good with the shopping and got home and immediately had my shake. Then I felt strong enough to make Jame his tuna and cucumber baguette! Fortunately he ate it all. (I should say too that I'd made him a bacon sandwich for his breakfast). Then I made the sauce for a spag bol for James and April's boys to have later. Didn't have my walk as April didn't feel up to it; her foot is still a bit unpredictable after her bunion op so ended up just snoozing on the sofa while James was at her's with her boys. I drove up to hers at 5.15pm having a second shake just before I went and took a bar with me. It was the raspberry one. First time. Not my favourite but edible. Thing is, they're part of the bumper pack so I have to get through them. And my God, they do give you wind!! So, that's it. Determined no late night caves tonight and to make sure I'm off to bed shortly or I might have a mug of bouillon if I need to.

Last edited:
Hi Cate! I've just read through all your entries and I can relate to a lot of the stuff in there! It is really mind over matter trying to realise that it's only X amount of time and then you can have real food again (in a sensible way of course!) I was like you tried to start before Christmas which was a bad idea! So now all my big events are out of the way and after Wednesday, I will be done with uni til September. I've tried to plan out working towards small goals, for example my wedding is in 5 weeks and I am just going for as much loss as possible! :) I'm glad to hear bouillon has been working for you as I'm planning to get some to help with the cravings! Good luck and I look forward to reading your entries :)

Hi Sheridan, yes, it didn't work for me starting before Christmas but I wish I'd back to it sooner than now. But your head really does have to be in the right place for this and I feel that mine is now. Even the thought of total humiliation at Centreparcs in front of lots of other parents from my son's primary school wasn't enough to motivate me to get my arse into gear! The bouillon is really helping me. I don't mind black coffee but I prefer white and it's not comforting in the way the bouillon is. TBH, the thought didn't appeal to me at first but I've discovered that I really like it. Good luck with reaching your wedding goal.

God night Kate. Well done for today.

Morning all, another beautiful day here. Up relatively early for a Sunday as James has a football festival this morning so had to get up and make him a bacon buttie for breakfast and a packed lunch. So that's done and he's just been picked up by his coach. I'm going up in a couple of hours. Just having a black coffee now. Will have my shake just before I leave and will take a bar with me in case I need it. I'll need all my strength to resist the burger van! Love the smell of those onions. Wishing everyone a good day.

Hope you have a lovely (burger free) day Cate!

Hope the day is going to plan Cate x

So... How did the burger van go? Sorry, I mean the football!!!

Hope u resisted :) x

LOL. Yes. No burgers!

Didn't write up my diary yesterday so here it is. Day 7.

9am - black coffee
11.00am - shake
4pm - bar plus 500mls water
8pm - chilli plus 500 mls water
11pm - slice of ham

So today was a mixed day. Good things: resisted the burger van at the football festival, discovered the hot cross bun bars - delicious. Not so good: tried my first meal pack - bit disappointing. It tasted OK but looked disgusting but it was nice to have something hot other than bouillon. Then caved later and had a slice of ham. Should have had bouillon and gone to bed earlier. I'm feeling really hungry late at night so I really need to start going to bed earlier which will be a good habit to get into anyway. I do stay up too late watching rubbish on TV.

So today is day 8 and my weigh in day. Down 8lbs. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed because, although I've cheated a bit, I was hoping to do 10lbs. I did 12lbs my first week when I did LT with no cheats. Still, 8lbs is 8lbs and on any other diet I would be delighted with this and any other week on Exante this would be a fantastic loss. It's all to do with the psychology of having BIG loss in the first week, even though you know that it's mostly water. So, I'm thinking rationally about it. This is a marathon, not a race and every lb off, my heart and joints will be thanking me for. Really have to start exercising to boost weight losses. Have a lovely BH Monday everyone.

Last edited:
8lbs is a great loss! Just over half a stone! I know sometimes it can feel a bit disappointing as you hear that some people get huge losses in the first week but maybe you'll have good steady losses each week now hopefully :) and any loss is a good loss! :D

Well done on your loss, that's a really good one so please don't be disappointed - keep going and the weight will soon be gone xx

Morning Kate. 8lb is a brilliant loss. I'll be really happy if I've lost 8lb at my first weigh in next Saturday. It's a lovely day today - hope you enjoy the sunshine.

Congratulations on your loss. 8 lbs in a week is brilliant, even if it is less than you expected. Overall, I'm sure the people who have a 14 lb loss in the first week don't lose faster than those with an 8 lb loss in week 1. Just concentrate on the long game, but feel proud that you've done week 1 and have lost over half a stone x

Well done 8lbs is a great loss especially if you've not been 100%. Don't be too hard on yourself you're doing the best you can right now, this next week can only get better.

That's an excellent loss Cate so feel good about yourself.

I know what you mean about late nights but I love staying up watching TV, just regret it when I have to get up in the morning :D x

Back